Yep, he's lucky he has her love :D

YEPERS! :kawaii: :rock:

#63 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

That's a cute pic.  Do any of our younger forum members know what they were parodying with that musical number?  I think it was another case of the JN writers throwing in a joke just for the adults.

I guess nobody knows. That musical number in "Lights, Camera, Danger" is a parody of a number from the movie "All That Jazz". Not the first time the JN writers have based jokes on R rated movies. I like the way they occasionally do something that the traditional target demographic is not going to get. :)

#64 dancerg7

dancerg7

J/C FAN! OH YEAH!

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

Cindy is my heroine =)  ;)

True. She's a superheroine. Or shall I say.. ' SuperGirl ', hehe. She's a kickass, sassy, tough, rock & roll ( though I hate rock & roll, I prefer just plain rock )
girl who knows what she's doing. She's independent, smart, edgy, and tells it like it is! She is kind of funny too. ( KIND OF. If she is funny, she doesn't mean to be )
It's good thing she didn't get a Mary-Sue..**shivers at thought of Mary-Sues**
And she loves to beat boys at anything, plus she's pretty popular and cool ( She's popular for her sarcastic sense of humor ) and who knew..This whole time Cindy had tan eyeshadow and light pink lipstick!! WOW!!!!!!! :lol: :P She's unique too. And has good fashion sense. She's in the emotional stage of any preteen's life though. When EVERYTHING starts. Stress, pain, peer pressure..no wonder she's so mad. Her mom is terrible, she's second best, and a crush on her ' rival '? Talk about emotions. She's pretty too.. ^_^ *.* Cindy is great at karate ( we see that in One Of Us, no doubt ) and a total queen, and a princess ( Queen and Princess of Sheer Awesome TV Show Girls ) and she can be calm, cool and collected. She is excellent and river-stomping and piano too. And there's lots of other great stuff about her, but my hands are cramping.. Oh yeah, and here's very wide-smiled but cute and pretty picture of Cindy *.* *.* : Posted Image Ain't she beautiful? And, Cindy can be nice..only when she has to be. @_@ And, I bet anybody could get lost in her limpid, emerald green eyes.. ^_^ ;) like pools of green water..And I bet anybody could develop a crush on her. Or not. She can make a great friend, and a great IM buddy.. ^_^ ;)

[SIZE=14]SOOOOOO TRUE! SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE CINDY FAN :kawaii: LOL! :lol:

#65 Fabs_JC_HA

Fabs_JC_HA

J+C/H+A

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:34 PM

Cindy is my heroine =)  ;)

True. She's a superheroine. Or shall I say.. ' SuperGirl ', hehe. She's a kickass, sassy, tough, rock & roll ( though I hate rock & roll, I prefer just plain rock )
girl who knows what she's doing. She's independent, smart, edgy, and tells it like it is! She is kind of funny too. ( KIND OF. If she is funny, she doesn't mean to be )
It's good thing she didn't get a Mary-Sue..**shivers at thought of Mary-Sues**
And she loves to beat boys at anything, plus she's pretty popular and cool ( She's popular for her sarcastic sense of humor ) and who knew..This whole time Cindy had tan eyeshadow and light pink lipstick!! WOW!!!!!!! :lol: :P She's unique too. And has good fashion sense. She's in the emotional stage of any preteen's life though. When EVERYTHING starts. Stress, pain, peer pressure..no wonder she's so mad. Her mom is terrible, she's second best, and a crush on her ' rival '? Talk about emotions. She's pretty too.. ^_^ *.* Cindy is great at karate ( we see that in One Of Us, no doubt ) and a total queen, and a princess ( Queen and Princess of Sheer Awesome TV Show Girls ) and she can be calm, cool and collected. She is excellent and river-stomping and piano too. And there's lots of other great stuff about her, but my hands are cramping.. Oh yeah, and here's very wide-smiled but cute and pretty picture of Cindy *.* *.* : Posted Image Ain't she beautiful? And, Cindy can be nice..only when she has to be. @_@ And, I bet anybody could get lost in her limpid, emerald green eyes.. ^_^ ;) like pools of green water..And I bet anybody could develop a crush on her. Or not. She can make a great friend, and a great IM buddy.. ^_^ ;)

[SIZE=14]SOOOOOO TRUE! SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE CINDY FAN :kawaii: LOL! :lol:

Yes! Cindy fans united^^ hehehe

#66 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

Allow me to self-correct. :) I said the musical number they were doing in this episode was a satire of a song from the movie, All That Jazz. Incorrect! The name of the song was All That Jazz, but the movie it was from was Chicago. Fairly recent, came out in 2002. Check out a quick partial lyric comparison:

Save The Day:
C'mon boys, we gotta stop that ghost
And save the day
Halt the alien invasion or we'll be toast
And save the day

All That Jazz:
Come on babe, why don't we paint the town?
And all that Jazz
I'm gonna rouge my knees and roll my stockings down
And all that jazz

Besides the obvious similarity in the lyrics, the melodies are basically identical. Apparently, Cindy is doing her best Catherine Zeta-Jones impression in this pic. :lol:

#67 Jane

Jane

Harmony Shipper

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

I have a 4 month old daughter and I hope she turns out to be a little like Cindy. Tough, independent, and outspoken :)

#68 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

Jane, just make sure your daughter doesn't pick on cute little boys. ;)

#69 Jane

Jane

Harmony Shipper

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

Jane, just make sure your daughter doesn't pick on cute little boys. ;)

Lol are you kidding? I'm going to encourage her to do it *evil grin* just like her mom ^_^

#70 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:42 PM

Lol are you kidding? I'm going to encourage her to do it *evil grin* just like her mom  ^_^

Lmao yeah she's gotta show the boys she'll like who's boss and play hard to get. It worked for Jane :P

#71 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

LOL. You guys are hilarious. I hope that she does recieve some of Cindy's traits (independence, being able to stand up for herself, etc.). And when/if she picks on those poor boys, tell her to go a bit easy on 'em. They have no idea what's coming. ;)

#72 Jane

Jane

Harmony Shipper

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

And when/if she picks on those poor boys, tell her to go a bit easy on 'em. They have no idea what's coming. ;)

Lol, I'll tell her to take it a little easy on them sometimes...but just a tiny bit :P

#73 PassionAngel

PassionAngel

~*Emotional Rose, Emotional Angel~*

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

And when/if she picks on those poor boys, tell her to go a bit easy on 'em. They have no idea what's coming. ;)

Lol, I'll tell her to take it a little easy on them sometimes...but just a tiny bit :P

Lol. :lol: Make sure she is a little easy on the boys...the rest can be hard and tough! Like it anyone messes she'll have a " :angry: " look on her face, and the boys will call for their momma's. :P And make sure she punches and kicks hard! :lol: :D :P

#74 Cindy Vortex

Cindy Vortex

Jellybag

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

Thank you, thank you. B) I had no idea I had so many fans! Ha, that'll show Betty that I'm popular... :lol: That is all.

#75 Cindy Vortex

Cindy Vortex

Jellybag

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

I love Cindy! She is so cool, and I can understand why she's so emotional and mad. :lol: And I see why she's so jealous. I feel for her sometimes, ya know?
With all due respect,
.:!Gwen!:.

Ahem? :angry: You are offically on my "I HATE THIS PERSON" list. All generous fans, bow down!

P.S. You don't seem very RANDOM :wacko: to me. -_- Muahahaha!

That is all.

EDIT: I edited her quote. Muahaha!

#76 Sheenfan1

Sheenfan1

Sheen fanatic a 100 Percent.

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

Do you love her or hate her? Do you think she should cut down on her meaness? Give your opinions on the character, please ^_^

#77 Urvy

Urvy

Even Ponies Go Insane!

• Banned
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

Ah, my essay sparked a discussion on Cindy!

Well, they should tone down her mean streak. Because, some people (myself included) are turned off by Cindy and her mean streak.

#78 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

~ Take me home, behind the sun...

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

I've always loved Cindy's character best in the show, all shippings aside. Originally, I started to watch that show regularly, just because I found her so damn funny. I can't even explain it...I just do. Whenever she cracks a sarcastic comment or just completely looses sight of reality, I'm a goner. There is something about the way she always knows how to turn a situation sour that just ...cracks me up. And everytime I loose interest in JN and then, after some time, get back into it, it's always her scenes that I re-watch first. Somehow that girl has got my humor down to pat. Let's not forget she can be wonderfully pathetic too (the island? her bloody pinky girly ROOM? xD). Plus she's , as Libby once said, one obsessed chick. Which is to me just pure entertainment. ;)

And without her it'd be just...the fantastic adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, which nobody really gets ,but applauds anyways, because, GOSH, that kid is SMART! It'd get boring without a little pebble in the shoe. At least that's how I feel.

About the meanness. Maybe I'm a little off track, but I've honestly never thought at any point throughout the series that she's done anything truly unforgivable. She isn't particularly nice to everyone and ya, I fully admit that she sometimes goes way over the top (let's not forget she's a little greedy, aggressive and stuck up too =) ), but I never thought that she did more to anyone than they could take. I mean, heck, if anyone was truly hurt by anything she did, I don't think anyone would put up with her the way they do. Especially Jimmy. If somebody really tortured you (emotionally), you wouldn't bother to get in a fight with them. You'd avoid them if you're smart, or try to really hurt them back if you're vindictive. (it's obvious he would have the means to shut her up for once and for all, if he really cared to go that far.) And when she asked him why they fight in the first place, well, if she'd really been such torture to him, I don't think he'd have replied with 'I don't know.'. I mean, that question is a once in a lifetime invitation to get all your frustration off your chest.

Besides, I don't think she acts the way she does for the sake of actually hurting someone, but to make her feel better about herself. Which isn't all that noble at all, but that's how kids are. That is to say that she doesn't strike me as a particularly cruel child when I compare her to the children you see running about in real life and thus I wouldn't villify her. (Well, maybe she's a little more bad-tempered...but since that cracks me up, I can't hold it against her.) And what counts even more (for me at least), is the fact that she does acknowledge (even though she won't admit it), that Jimmy, her 'victim' (dun,dun,dun) is indeed a very talented guy. A truly self-centered, downright cruel bully wouldn't get the idea, they'd be too caught up in themselves.

I don't mean to say that everything she does is all peachy, but Cindy just needs to learn when she crosses the line. She's got flaws. But obviously one can also enjoy to have her around, because, why else would Libby stick to her the way she does? That girl is a seriously amazing friend (in my opinion) and I don't think she'd be there if Cindy was a snobbish egoistical brat all the time.

So, in conclusion: to me she's quite flawed, quite self-centered, but seriously lovable. Plus, I adore her grumpiness. It's hilarious.

That's my two cents. Why'd I share them? 'Cause I can. xD

(And yes. I've been belittled pretty badly in elementary school on a regular basis, too, and I still love Cindy to death. (In a purely platonical way of course). So don't play that card on me xD.)

#79 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,153 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

Very well put, Laura. Cindy truly IS awesome; that's why she's my fave female character on the show. ^_^ I think we should have a discussion topic for ALL 5 gang members, not just Cindy! Who's WITH me???? :rock: :dance:

#80 Sheenfan1

Sheenfan1

Sheen fanatic a 100 Percent.

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

Very well put, Laura. Cindy truly IS awesome; that's why she's my fave female character on the show. ^_^ I think we should have a discussion topic for ALL 5 gang members, not just Cindy! Who's WITH me???? :rock: :dance:

But of course, I'm going to start a topic for Sheen soon, he's my favorite :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users