• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:37 AM

I too have noticed the lack of J/B fanfics, and though it makes me feel partly responsible, (I haven't written any, for instinst) but I've kinda stayed away from doing this pairing, owing to the contravercy it used to be among the once-many-populated J/B fandom, but I might break out of this habit someday, now that it's become less hostile.

I mean, I even wrote a fic for Cindy/Bolbi! :rolleyes: (which I don't support in any way....just fyi) I think some people ;) deserve some J/B from me. :D

.......*reads carefully to make sure she isn't seeing things*...

You just helped make my day even BETTER! I really hope you do Beks! *squeeze-hug* :bff: :kawaii:

If there were more J/B fics by writers such as you, John, & other awesome writers here at IDOJ... I'd probably stick around ff.net a LOT more! :thumbsup:

I've just never really given any fic comments, if you see me in a J/B's comments, then its because I'm thanking the writer for creating a Jimmy & Betty piece, something that's SUPER rare for me to find. Its gotten better, (8 compared to 3? yeah, definitely!) but compared to over a thousand J/C fics..... its just helps the whole J/B fic issue.

That & I'm terrible at actually commenting in this type of thing, fandom in general, I just love to read the fanfiction a lot whenever I get to read 'em! (J/C ones aside, obviously, unless they're minimal to where I can ignore the shipping & it not being especially important to the fic XD)

#42 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

I guess, I mostly concur with Beks there. Mostly I prefer canon pairings, I don't multiship, because it's awkward. I try to stay away from slash because there is nothing to support for me. Not to mention that this has no sense in the show. It's fun to laugh at crack pairings, as long as they are shipped not too seriously, then, it also gets awkward. Hardly I can say I hate some pairings, but, I really prefer to do not see slash. J/C, S/L, C/E, H/J, F/A work for me.
And Bolbi/Nick... juuust kidding! :D

#43 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

Remind me again what F/A means?? It's F-something/April, I know that much... lol

#44 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

Oh, sorry, must be a typo, I meant Lee/April, if he was in JN. There is nobody for April in the actual show.

#45 ~Baby Broadway~

~Baby Broadway~

http://camprock.disney.ru/camprock/?id=2681

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Um...Maybe Carl/Libby, or Carl/Cindy...I don't like those pairings that are not mentioned by K.Alcorn. I don't like fan pairings. Such as Sheen/Betty, Carl/Betty, Nick/Libby...and so on

#46 Destinyinevitable

Destinyinevitable

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

I saw this awhile ago after the crossovers....Jimmy/Timmy. That is the only pairing I can not stand. It just bothers me.

#47 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,612 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Like others have said, I also ship canon.

Though Timmy/Cindy irritates me like you wouldn't believe.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#48 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

C3P3DR0

• Senior Members
  • 8,545 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

I thought Timmy/Cindy was cute, but alas it isn't canon. -_- I technecally don't HATE any pairing with any passion, although I will admit that some non-canon pairings creep me out a bit. If not then they're hilarious. :lol:

LOL! I'm remembering back 2007 I think. I posted once that I like my shipping offical, not made up. And Pig LOVED that! :lol:

Just my $0.02

#49 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

Carl and Judy. Yep. It's just weird. :) It's sort of a Stacy's Mom thing.. which was weird.....

lol.... :D

#50 Urvy

Urvy

Even Ponies Go Insane!

• Banned
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Since Katia revived this thread, here's the paring I can't stand:

Jimmy/Cindy

#51 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

I can't stand 99% of the pairings involving Nick. He's just...so annoying. Don't use any Nick/Person X pairings unless it's as a plot device, please.

#52 SheWolf

SheWolf

These hands!! I cant get them off my wrists!!

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

I can't stand 99% of the pairings involving Nick. He's just...so annoying. Don't use any Nick/Person X pairings unless it's as a plot device, please.

I've only read one fanfic with Nick/Sheen as a couple and I didn't like it too much...

#53 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

LOL, Mary. Nick is kind of annoying sometimes, but the one episode (I forget which) in which he secretly sings opera music .... Hilarious.

#54 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

Not only does he sing opera, he sings opera in German. Pure brilliance.

#55 Neutron12

Neutron12

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

LOL, Mary. Nick is kind of annoying sometimes, but the one episode (I forget which) in which he secretly sings opera music .... Hilarious.

It was Attack of the Twonkies :)

#56 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Thank you! I thought I remembered something about German, but I wasn't sure...

That part was frickin awesome. :) it makes me wonder what other secrets he's got locked up in his hair if you know what I mean.

#57 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,612 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Thank you! I thought I remembered something about German, but I wasn't sure...

That part was frickin awesome. :) it makes me wonder what other secrets he's got locked up in his hair if you know what I mean.

Ya, maybe Nick's only a douche because he keeps his *TRUE SELF* locked up inside ;)

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#58 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

oh, totally. ;)

#59 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I tend to ship the canon pairings (J/C, S/L, J/H, etc.), but I am open to others as well, like J/B and J/A, and even ones that weren't even in the show, like J/L, S/C and C/C.

While I like Carl & Elke, I find I usually lean more towards Carl & an OC.

The only ones I can't stand are slash pairings, and ones that I just find creepy (for instance, I love the whole Carl/Judy thing as a gag, but I would NEVER want that to be a serious pairing).

#60 Sanjana R

Sanjana R

Sanjana

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I can't stand Timmy/Cindy because until the JC power hour, I never realized the extent of Cindy's intellect. Her vocabulary and mental acumen is impressive. So putting her with Timmy, who has no intellect whatsoever, feels like a complete cop-out. I mean, I just don't see it. Besides, I never liked the fairly odd parents or Timmy that much to begin with, so that really was a given. 

I can't stand Betty with anyone because we have no background on her, which is part of the reason why I dislike J/B. 

I don't mind slash, but JN slash is kind of odd to me. Like I wouldn't ship Libby/Cindy or Carl/Bolbi or whatever the popular slash pairings are in this fandom. I guess the extent of my slash shipping if you can even call it that, would be the Carl/Sheen bromance :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users