• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 John Richards

John Richards

I'm feeling strangely happy now, contented and serene

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

Really, there's only one pairing I can't stand, and that's JA. (not counting slash or really weird crack pairings) Basically, April is to me what Cindy is to the hardcore JBers. April effectively seems like what Cindy would be if Cindy never got any real character development.

#2 caseyrox76

caseyrox76

La Freak, C'est Chic!

• Senior Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

I honestly can't stand when people pair Cindy off with other characters (other than Jimmy). Cindy/Bolbi is... disturbing, Cindy/Carl is just plain weird and would never happen, Cindy/Libby is slash (so I don't like it on principal), Cindy/Sheen... well, that ony I don't mind as much, but he's taken!
*grabs Sheen and hugs him*
*realises everyone is staring* :blink:
Ahem. I meant Libby. He's taken by Libby. ^_^

#3 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

I don't hate any pairings, because I can see what they are coming from. Some of them are quite cute when done correctly.

On the subject of Cindy/Carl, there actually have been reported scenes in the series to support this pairing. Now, they are not enough evidence to suggest cannonism, but there are some examples.

EX: In "Jimmy for President", Cindy winks at Carl, bribing him to vote for Libby with a dollar. Carl says, "Why did you wink at me? Do you like me?" And when they walk away, Carl goofily waves her goodbye.

EX: In the music number in "Lights, Camera, Danger!" Cindy and Carl lean into each other, and Carl glances at Cindy:

Posted Image

I'm a cannon type shipper, but that doesn't stop me from writing stuff for other pairings. If I limit myself to cannon, then there's only so much I can do. If I expand, with reason of course, the possiiblities are endless.

But like I said up there...I don't hate pairings. I don't really wanna get into a heated debate on who's fav pairing is better, because no matter what someone thinks, it doesn't change what happens in the series.

I don't particually like topic where debate like this is likely, just saying.

#4 John Richards

John Richards

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

IMO, the only C/C episode is Nightmare In Retroville. And that's creepy, because any of the romance comes from the fact that Cindy has become a vampire slave of Carl. Reminds me of Twilight.

#5 Beks

Beks

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot that example. Thanks for reminding me. ^_^

I don't really wanna debate this, cause its not one of my fav pairings. If you're looking for a debate, try something else.

#6 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

I'm like Beks in that I don't hate any pairings. She basically took the words out of my mouth when she said limiting herself to canon leaves out so many possibilities.

Plus I'm a hardcore Jimmy/Sheen shipper and NOTHING will make me give that up. ^_^

There are pairings I don't care for, such as when people write Carl/Judy stuff for serious (there's a fic on ff.net with that pairing, rated M.) or crack pairings. They're fun to joke about, but I won't ship any of those for serious. Just...don't really feel it.

#7 Beks

Beks

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

EXACTAMUNDO, my friend. ^_^

#8 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

I don't think I have any pairings I can't stand. I'm a pure canon-shipper, though. So I am not a fan of things other than JC and SL. I don't hate them, I just won't read fanfics with them unless someone is very convincing as to why I should (awesome plot, etc).

#9 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

Like many have said, there aren't too many pairings I completely hate. I happen to not like J/B and J/L that much, but other ships that I don't ship myself I don't mind THAT much and can understand (i.e. S/C, C/C, C/L, C/E, C/B, H/J, or whatever) I'm even learning to tolerate and occasionally enjoy watching a scene that's J/B...and rarely, but sometimes think about J/L...just for something new and all. Doesn't change my shipping, but I can find them charming, depends how its done and when and why...blah blah blah, LOL

Of course, the rare times I think of and explore an alternate ship, its for much different reasons than those of its own shippers, heh heh.

I do like a lot how Beks writes for all different JN ships out there though. It keeps it fresh, and she can make almost anything work! That's why she's so fun and such a well-rounded fan!

I don't think I could write for alternate ships though for a few reasons: a-- I don't write fanfiction that much period, and can barely come up with creativity for my ships, LOL, and b-- I'm too afraid I'd weird people out, offend their ships, and get them completely out of character. Like I said, I view most of them MUCH differently. :rolleyes:
c-- sometimes I can't bring myself to do it anyway, just 'cause its different...its not like the show would usually do that...no offense.

But, I don't hate that many, and not much at all. Except for slash, and like Mary said, I don't enjoy crack too often. Only in a game or a crack pairing topic where its meant to be funny. Not for real, that's annoying.

See y'all
:bff:
B) Pigquet

P.S. Like Kaite said, I will read a fanfic with alternate ships SOMETIMES if they're a really good story and well done. Like Mary's J/B oneshot she wrote for Stacy's birthday. That was really good, I couldn't stop 'til I was done. :thumbsup:

#10 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:33 AM

As much as I don't want to say it here, (afraid that I'll end up being bashed to no end over it :ph43r:) I reaally dislike J/C, that's fact. But this is to the point of not being able to watch episodes like Stranded, even certain movies unless I imagine either my fan-character April, or Betty in place of Cindy during those J/C moments if its possible.

Otherwise... I just can't watch them. I honestly haven't watched JTPH3 for ages, & I'm pretty sure # 2 is right behind that, so yeah...

Would anyone hate me if I fully admitted to "I can't stand J/C"? It'd be harder for me to come here if I knew that, but still...

I DO fully respect all pairings & their fandoms, but how I like those pairings are another story completely.

& just because I uhm... can't stand J/C, doesn't have to mean I feel the same about Cindy. There ARE times when I even really like her, I just simply don't have her as a true favorite character, but she IS alright in my eyes, I just don't like the fact she picks on Jimmy as a sign of affection.. If you like a guy, make friends with him, not enemies.. especially if he's a GOOD one.

I bet if she knew how many guys out there are like say.. Don Lothario of Pleasantview, in Sims 2, she'd be flat out best friends with Jimmy in a big hurry, well, I at least hope she would.

I DO like characters such as Cindy herself, I just have a strong dislike for love-hate couples. This is half-because OF J/C, but regardless... I've never liked them, only three have ever really managed to make me like them, those are -

Rika & Ryo from Digimon Tamers

Mr. Blik & Katilda from Catscratch

& VERY stressful on this due to the similarity, but Helga & Arnold from "Hey Arnold!".

#11 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

Of course you can come right out and say you can't stand J/C, Stacy, even say you hate it. Who are we to care? That's what the topic's of, and its the truth of you. I'll admit I was a little nervous to say "I hate J/B and extremely hate J/L", so I didn't phrase it quite like that. LOL Its kinda the truth, even though I respect them and their followers, and sometimes find parts charming...*shrugs* But, sure, you can say it! You certainly won't get bashed all over, girl. ^_^

I can watch scenes with J/B in them and those episodes and all, but I know there aren't as many, whereas J/C is flashed all over season 3 and some others, so it must get irritating for you. I understand that. Since I used to hate J/C a lot and couldn't watch the show for awhile...'til I eventually got back into the show and started to like, and eventually love it. But, I know where you're coming from.

See ya, Stacy
B) Pigquet

#12 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:49 AM

Thank you so much Tina, I'm glad you see my point of view perfectly, it makes this admitting stuff so much easier. ^_^

& you can never forget that if its hard enough to watch the show by itself alone, then its near-impossible to navigate myself throughout the fandom products, just.. any of it, from stories to music videos.

If I did find any other couples' fan-works that I could otherwise truly enjoy, their almost always shoved beside J/C.

S/L is the worst of the bunch to have this happen. I'm thrilled when I get to read a new fanfiction, see a new work of art, or even watch a music video dedicated to them, but when their in the canon spotlight alongside J/C, they tend to be pushed right beside that couple whenever possible, if not shoved to the shadows a smidge because J/C is really that popular..

It gets super hard sometimes, I know there has to be a lot of great S/L fiction, art & such, but J/C is almost always right there with them. I know its because of them being all part of the main group of characters along with Carl, & because their the two canon shippings, but... when your a fanatic of one & can't stand the other.....

-_-

#13 John Richards

John Richards

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:08 AM

Oh my god! I just realized that there are eight JB fics on Fanfic.net and over a thousand JCs! JB power must increase!

#14 Justine<3

Justine<3

HELLO THERE FRIENDS.

• Senior Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Oh my god! I just realized that there are eight JB fics on Fanfic.net and over a thousand JCs! JB power must increase!

I don't like JB, but that is seriously sad. D8

I CONCER! MORE JB FICS!

---

I don't really hate any pairings. I dislike JB and JA, but it's not like I freak if it's in an episode or anything. I like Betty as a character and April is growing on me. (:

I hate slash and crack pairings...but yes, I laugh at them and fan fun with them. XD

#15 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

I don't like JB, but that is seriously sad. D8

I CONCER! MORE JB FICS!

Oh, I've known this ever since I first got into JB, only back then it was a mere two or three. One by a LoneStarr357, "Quinlan's Folly", & two by our very own Krista, "Dreaming", & its sequel.

I've loved all three of those ever since I first saw them, & any others that I've found, but its still sad that I have to put up with SO much J/C, & so very little J/B at fanfiction.net... I truely hate that section of the site, I don't even go there except VERY rarely, just to see if anything's changed at all.

How do I find J/B fics then? I usually don't.... John, if you could link those 8 fanfics here for me, I'd seriously love that. ^_^

#16 John Richards

John Richards

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Basically, this is a list of all fics that have "Jimmy N+Betty Q" as their main pairing.
http://www.fanfictio...nrequited_Dream
http://www.fanfictio.../Shadow_Dancing
http://www.fanfictio.../1/Pink_Dresses
http://www.fanfictio.../Quinlans_Folly
http://www.fanfictio...m_Not_That_Girl
http://www.fanfictio...5714/1/Dreaming
http://www.fanfictio...rner_Boy_Genius

#17 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Ah, ok. Thanks! I've read all of those, & I still love 'em every time, but I haven't read "Timmy Turner, Boy Genius" yet.. it just somehow turns me off a bit. NO idea why, it just does.. :unsure:

Otherwise I have read each of those, though I do honestly wish this tiny fandom would get some more in.. -_-

#18 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,145 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

The pairings I HATE?? I'd have to say, aside from being only for humor, slash and crack pairings. And I also dislike anything that's not canon: ie: :Jimmy: / :Betty: , :Cindy: / :Carl: , :Cindy: / :Sheen: , :Carl: / :Libby: , :Jimmy: / :Libby: (sorry, sollunaestrella, but it's true!), and :Jimmy: / :April: . However, I still DO respect those of you who support these pairings, like Stacy and John for :Jimmy: / :Betty: and Beks for :Carl: / :Cindy: . It's just that I only ship canon pairings, that's it; just J/C, S/L, C/E, and H/J. I mean, come ON!!! Carl/Judy??!!! That's downright DISGUSTING!!!!!!!

#19 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Thank you so much Tina, I'm glad you see my point of view perfectly, it makes this admitting stuff so much easier. ^_^

& you can never forget that if its hard enough to watch the show by itself alone, then its near-impossible to navigate myself throughout the fandom products, just.. any of it, from stories to music videos.

If I did find any other couples' fan-works that I could otherwise truly enjoy, their almost always shoved beside J/C.

S/L is the worst of the bunch to have this happen. I'm thrilled when I get to read a new fanfiction, see a new work of art, or even watch a music video dedicated to them, but when their in the canon spotlight alongside J/C, they tend to be pushed right beside that couple whenever possible, if not shoved to the shadows a smidge because J/C is really that popular..

It gets super hard sometimes, I know there has to be a lot of great S/L fiction, art & such, but J/C is almost always right there with them. I know its because of them being all part of the main group of characters along with Carl, & because their the two canon shippings, but... when your a fanatic of one & can't stand the other.....

-_-

No problem. ^_^

Yeah, I tend to do that, too...even when I'm writing an S/L fic, there's some J/C along the sides in it, too, that I know would annoy anti-J/C-ers. Even if I do my best to focus my attention on the others, and balance it out. *shrugs* Because, the other kids are in it, I guess.
As you already know, S/L is my all-time favorite ship! Not J/C. They're next in line, LOL. Even though I love them lots, not nearly as much as S/L ;)

That's why I love fics of just them. They're not easy to write for AT ALL in my opinion. And, doing a fic for just them, not J/C or C/E on the side, must be even more difficult. I don't know for sure though.
Music videos, too, of course ^_^

Ugh, I have to say I hate most of the J/C fics on fanfic.net. No offense 'course, but I find most disgusting. They're not well done like some I've seen or on here. I'd think I'd rather take the J/B, LOL. Its just insane.

I mean, come ON!!! Carl/Judy??!!! That's downright DISGUSTING!!!!!!!

But, its a funny disgusting...J/K :lol:

B) Pigquet

#20 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

C3P3DR0

• Senior Members
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'm with Pig, Beks and Mary. Technecally I have nothing against any pairings, cannon or not.. at least not lothe it hatefully. Werid ships just doesn't do it for me. -_-

As much as I am a J/C shipper, I try not to exclude any of the other pairs, as I see that just because J/C is so popluar doesn't mean that any of the other offical ships doesn't have a say. I just try to make everybody happy. But pair shipping are like complicated philosophical and social questions. They're very sesitive things and often... well not often but I can turn ugly. -_-

I can see Stacy's point though. Saying she disagrees with J/C's popularity, only to be met with hostile (not you guys) responses telling her she's wrong.

I can understand why you look down on J/C so much Stacy. -_- And it's not fair that your trying to voice your opinion only to be hostily met by bad stuff.

Just my $0.05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users