• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

I can see Stacy's point though. Saying she disagrees with J/C's popularity, only to be met with hostile (not you guys) responses telling her she's wrong.

I can understand why you look down on J/C so much Stacy. -_- And it's not fair that your trying to voice your opinion only to be hostily met by bad stuff.

Just my $0.05

Exactly! I mean, what do they even mean "wrong"? Its so stupid; someone can like whatever they want to. There is no right and wrong with this. Just opinions. Its not like she doesn't have good, intelligent reasons for her likes/dislikes. And, even if not, its no one's business. They take it way too personally.

That's why I tend to stay away from other sites, and all. Unless of course I'm linked over by one of y'all to a site for a specific reason, like a good fic or something. Most people other places like J/C and other ships for immature or dumb reasons, I think. Whereas, the IDOJers are more sophisticated and tolerant...meaning, whether they ship cannon, or not, or both, it makes sense. Some like it JUST because its popular. And the stories are insanely OOC. Annoying.

Good 5 cents, Pedro. *little kiddy voice* You gets some candy! ^_^ *tosses a gummy bear* LOL

:bff:
B) Pigquets

#22 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

Exactly! I mean, what do they even mean "wrong"? Its so stupid; someone can like whatever they want to. There is no right and wrong with this. Just opinions. Its not like she doesn't have good, intelligent reasons for her likes/dislikes. And, even if not, its no one's business. They take it way too personally.

That happens when those fans (not you guys) takes J/C way too seriously. They become attached to it needlessly and overuse the whole "fluffyness" of J/C. That really annoys me too. They fail to understand that there's more to J/C and the other ships than just gobble gook. <_<

That's why I tend to stay away from other sites, and all. Unless of course I'm linked over by one of y'all to a site for a specific reason, like a good fic or something. Most people other places like J/C and other ships for immature or dumb reasons, I think. Whereas, the IDOJers are more sophisticated and tolerant...meaning, whether they ship cannon, or not, or both, it makes sense. Some like it JUST because its popular. And the stories are insanely OOC. Annoying.

Same as the above comment.

#23 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, I know.

I mean, I believe in taking your shiips and favorite characters SERIOUSLY. Just not PERSONALLY. Know what I mean? Its good to take them seriously, 'cause if you just like it 'cause its popular, you aren't thinking for yourself. Actually analyzing why you like two characters together and how they work, well you have to be serious to do that, not just silly and fun. That's how you understand the characters and show, and it makes you a better writer and interpreter. I see no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is people taking it so personally, and thinking that if someone has a different opinion and like/dislike that they don't like you. Difference there. Its absolutely ridiculous. Its the most cliche term to use and I know you've heard it, but people are different. You can take a pairing seriously and not so darn personally. They don't have anything to do with who you are, there's more to that person.

They fail to see that there's more to J/C and the other ships than just gobble gook.

No kidding <_< How shallow can you be?! *rollseyes*

B) Pigquet

#24 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

I too have noticed the lack of J/B fanfics, and though it makes me feel partly responsible, (I haven't written any, for instinst) but I've kinda stayed away from doing this pairing, owing to the contravercy it used to be among the once-many-populated J/B fandom, but I might break out of this habit someday, now that it's become less hostile.

I mean, I even wrote a fic for Cindy/Bolbi! :rolleyes: (which I don't support in any way....just fyi) I think some people ;) deserve some J/B from me. :D

#25 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

I'd be very interested in seeing how you do J/B, Writer Woman! *salutes* Even though I don't ship or like it, I read all your stuff. :D

B) Pigquet

#26 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thanks, Piggy ^_^

#27 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

J/C 4-EVER!!! <3

• Senior Members
  • 21,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Ya know, I think the pairing I like LEAST is J/L. I mean, c'mon! It's not canon, and if it's not canon, I don't ship it. To me, any other ship other than canon just doesn't seem normal and is plain awkward! But that's just my $0.05 there... Nothing against any other non-canon shippers, ya know! ^_^ :bff:

#28 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,299 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Basically, this is a list of all fics that have "Jimmy N+Betty Q" as their main pairing.
http://www.fanfictio...nrequited_Dream

That's my fic I wrote for Stacy's birthday :D

And yes, I am bragging about that lol.

The HSM fandom is notorious for this, and Avatar can get pretty bad too. When I was really active in the HSM forums on fanfiction.net I got tons of hate from Troyella shippers for shipping Ryella, same with all the Ryella friends I made. And some Kataangs in the Avatar fandom gave me major crap for being a Zutarian <_<

I'd like to visit those forums again, though. Hopefully people have matured since then.

#29 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

“I wont be labeled as average"

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

I don't think there are any pairing thats a really hate,but I'm not the biggest fan of J/B.

Wait scratch that. I can't stand C/T

#30 ssj4majuub

ssj4majuub

Never gonna cut his hair!

• Senior Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

allow me to simply and unangrily ask

Wry?

#31 John Richards

John Richards

I'm feeling strangely happy now, contented and serene

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

C/T is the only ship I would say I really bash in any of fic. Be careful reading my Neutron Trilogy, because somewhere in book two, you'll need mind bleach to ever like the pairing again.

#32 John Richards

John Richards

I'm feeling strangely happy now, contented and serene

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

Just some statistics for y'all:There are more Tetris fanfics on fanfic.net than JB ones.

#33 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Because I never really liked Timmy Turner.I hate how mean he is to Jimmy some times

#34 ssj4majuub

ssj4majuub

• Senior Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

Because I never really liked Timmy Turner.I hate how mean he is to Jimmy some times

nonono
I mean, wry do we need this topic?
We get enough of peoples pairing tastes via sigs and just flat-out statements.
I mean, srsface, what's the point..?

#35 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Oh ok.
I misunderstood.

#36 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,299 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

Let the record show that Jimmy is just as mean to Timmy in most instances as Timmy is to him.

But yeah I agree that I don't like that pairing too much. I don't hate it as a pairing, because the whole inter-dimensional romance is just so cute sometimes. I do, however, hate how Timmy basically tried to start a relationship with Cindy based on lies. That's not a good way to start out.

#37 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

Thats true,but I still can't stand Timmy.Sorry...

#38 ssj4majuub

ssj4majuub

• Senior Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

That's not a good way to start out.

Amen to that.

#39 LetsRockThis

LetsRockThis

:] Samantha

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

I pretty much cannot stand a fanfic pairing unless it is Jimmy/Cindy, Sheen/Libby, Hugh/Judy, and Carl I don't mind him being paired with other characters, but since I really like him and Elke together then... :)

I am morally against slash, so sorry to anyone who is offended by that, and I don't really read. I think I read one against my better judgment, but that is about it.

#40 Urvy

Urvy

Even Ponies Go Insane!

• Banned
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm making a new J/B Fic right now, and will get back into making Starlight Adventure soon (I need to start it up again, dang laziness!)

John, I also have J/B fic, "Starlight Adventure". Search for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users