88 replies to this topic

#21 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:50 PM

Because of the planetary, cultural, and social differences between them, I don't think they'd make it work. Can you imagine the mating rituals of Gorlock?

Sadly, I have. In detail. If for some inexplicable reason you want my take on the issue, I'd be happy to share.
**everyone flees in panic**

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#22 Jimmygang 005

Jimmygang 005

Stop the war

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

J/C:
Like: they are the best for eth other, and I think that Cindy is the best girl for jimmy, she may be a little harsh on jimmy, but that made him always do the right things, if it wasn't for Cindy jimmy well never be able to save his friends and family from the aliens (in the movie), Cindy is the one who made Jimmy believe in team work (in WOLK), she is the only one who can be the leader of the gang when jimmy is not around, beside they really look cute together, and oh yah I don't know why but I really like seeing Cindy jealous (if you look for the word jealous in the dictionary you well find a photo for Cindy Vortex :lol:).
Don't like: why the heck every time they try to kiss something happened to cut it?!!

J/B:
Like: she is so nice to jimmy, they look really more like the happy couple together.
Don't Like:I don't think that Betty really likes jimmy, she just like the attention and I really think she should be with Nike.

J/A:
Like and don't like: just like Mara opinions.

J/L
Like: Jimmy and Libby characters are very similar they would be a very cute and nice couple.
Don’t like: two words Love square (jimmy, Cindy, Libby and Sheen) and I hate love squares :wacko:

And oh yah I totally agree with you Mara about J/C in the movie.

:) Khalid :)

#23 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

OMG... :blink:

Mara, I've got to hear your detailed thoughts on Gorlockian mating. XDDDDDDDD Please, do share!

#24 girlgenius123

girlgenius123

Fer cryin' out loud...

• Senior Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

Because of the planetary, cultural, and social differences between them, I don't think they'd make it work. Can you imagine the mating rituals of Gorlock?

Sadly, I have. In detail. If for some inexplicable reason you want my take on the issue, I'd be happy to share.
**everyone flees in panic**

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

:o I want to hear your thoughts on the customs of traditional Gorlockian mating.

#25 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:18 AM

I love love love the banner you made out of my pic! It looks great ^_^ And "What have you done?" is like the perfect song for them. :music:

Gorlock mating habits, eh? I'll have to write up a summary of the more pertinent details. But not right now, I have a test in the morning. Tomorrow, OK?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#26 girlgenius123

girlgenius123

Fer cryin' out loud...

• Senior Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Thank you. ^_^ And I look forward to reading it!

#27 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

me too! ^_^

#28 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Mara, can I do one just for J/A? That's the only one I'll be able to do both for.  :P Sorry.
B) Pigquet

I'm sure you can find SOMETHING that you like and dislike about each of these 4 couples.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Sorry; can't do it. I mean, I'll be tolerant of others supporting and not supporting them, but as for me, I love J/C and really really dislike J/B and J/L. I can understand someone liking J/A becaue I used to, even though I don't ship it myself anymore, since I'm not a multishipper and a strong J/C-er. April is my second choice if J/C didn't exist.
But, thanks for answering. I guess I can't then. So sorry. It's just me, but its a good idea.
B) Pigquet

#29 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

I'm only posting this for the sake of things, I'll probably only stick around for PM chats and occasional posts like this.

JC:

What I like: Honestly I can't find a thing, all the others I can, just not Cindy, I'm sorry, I'd be lying if I put anything here. -_-

What I dislike: Um, Cindy? Yeah, if they are just friends, I don't mind much at all, so maybe I like the friendship, but not the romance. Its the love/hate thing, and how they very rarely get along until later seasons. Also most of the fanfictions for it. Some areokay, but it can be severly overdone in cases, and others, just annoyingly mushy. You get the idea, I just definitely don't like Jimmy/Cindy. Anyone should know that. I respect, but I don't like at all.

JB:

What I like-LOVE: Almost everything about it, you kidding?! Sure, I'm not as HUGE a fan as I was in the past, (I have another ship in another show now) but I'll always be, at heart- a true Jimmy/Betty fan. The way they are always nice to each other, how Betty is probably the only one of Jimmy's possible love interests that has never been mean to him in any form, that Jimmy is/was openly in love/has(d) a crush on her, just EVERYTHING. There's nothing I don't like about this couple in itself. I could write a ton more I'm sure, but I'll save that for my near-future website about them. :wub:

What I dislike: Very few things. Only things I find within the ship itself I don't like is, that as much as I hate to admit it, I know just like everyone else that they have as much chances of happening as Carl & Judy do. Sure, a bit morechance than C/J, but still. For the fans of JN, its pretty much that they only see Betty as an obstical in the way of J/C. In the way of other Jimmy ships I don't mind so much, its really just the J/C people. 'Course I do respect J/C's fans, no prob there. Its just, the way they twist J/B the ship into such a form that it is very similar to, if not the same as couples like Danny/Paulina from Danny Phantom. This is what I hate the most about this couple's anti-fanbase. They pretty much, at times, turn J/B into a copy of Danny/Paulina, and Betty into a clone of Paulina. That's pretty much it though. :angry:

J/A:

What I like:: Gwen & Mara should be happy here, as I fully respect this ship with no troubles at all. What I like is probably that April was only mean to Jimmy intially, that this went away in a very short time. That they seem to get along pretty well once they knew each other a little, & that if the two had went further into their romance, they would most likely geniunely care about each other. Plus they can easily learn together. Jimmy's always wanted to learn about alien culture & things like that, & who knows? April might find the human species interesting. She seems to find Jimmy pretty interesting near the end of the movie, I know that. LOL :P

What I dislike: Probably Krista's reason, and that April would obviously prevent Jimmy & Betty from happening. Otherwise its a very cool ship for me, if I didn't like J/B first, I might've shipped this one, who knows? ^_^

J/L

What I like: I definitely agree with EVERYONE's reasons on here, you guys said it all for me! :D

What I dislike: That it interfeers with Jimmy/Betty and Sheen/Libby. I've just loved both these pairs for just too long. Otherwise it'd be an awesome ship for me, all around. :lol:

#30 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

“I wont be labeled as average"

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

J/c

what i like- Is that they really do bring out the best and worste in each other.And they have alot in common,more then they know and evan though they compett with each we know that they care about each other and will always be there to save each other.and those little moments (like stranded) are always the sweetest.They need each other to keep eachother in line

what i dislike-is that they over do it and they can be so cruel to each other and that every time they go to kiss some idiot interups!!

Ummm i'm sorry but i don't have anything for the other ones i tried to think but i came up with nothing

i'm not a j/b fan at all,but i do respect people who are!!

i'm not a j/a fan i just thinkit was that one thing and idk i'm just not into them

I don't think of j/l as a couple at all yeah maybe good friends but not a couple! i love jimmy and libby but not with each other!

#31 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Here are my two cents about it.

J/C

Like: I love this couple. They love each other, they are intelligent and they are interesting for each other. Cindy follows Jimmy in many of their adventures and they both pay too much attention to each other to call it just rivalry. I think Cindy can be a great friend for Jimmy and Jimmy is capable to love her as she needs.

Dislike: Whole thing could be ruined because of egoism and insensitivity, some amount of which they both have.

J/B

Like: They look like a perfect couple and there is nothing that bothers me in it. They are interesting for each other, love each other and don't have problems with it. Betty would be a good loving wife for such a scientist like Jimmy and Jimmy would be her hero. If Jimmy chose Betty, I'd totally supported this pairing.

Dislike: It's hard to find what to write here, but may be they overplayed their feeling and wouldn't get along in the future, or would have too much differences. Betty never participated in Jimmy's adventures, or spent time with him as a friend.

J/A

Like: A very impressive tandem of intellectual and military power. So impressive, they may eventually even to take over the Galaxy. I am not sure is it a bad thing, or good, they look hot together. In any way, they seem to like each other.

Dislike: But, probably, they would be too different for each other. April would be too far from a girl like Betty for Jimmy and Jimmy would be far from being a warrior to be liked by April.

J/L

Like: They would look cute together. They are very different, but they can get along very well, both are rational, calm. In this couple they could supplement each other.

Dislike: It's very unlikely that J/L will really happen. They fit to each other only as friends, besides, it leaves Cindy and Sheen alone and I don't think that Sheen/Cindy would work.

#32 sollunaestrella

sollunaestrella

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

I'll take a whack at it. :)

JxC
Likes: While they aren't quite intellectual equals, I think the strongest part of their relationship is that they can push each other that way. They're both smart and interested in similar things, and I think they could learn a lot from each other about everything. They would keep each other honest, essentially.
Dislikes: The huge fan-base is a bit annoying to me - even in those moments where I like it, it makes me feel like a mindless sheep. And I'm not sure how stable their relationship would really be.

JxB
Likes: Betty is always a positive, encouraging force in Jimmy's life. Were they to be together, they would have a very comfortable, warm, supportive relationship; they seem to bring out the best in each other.
Dislikes: I can't think of anything specific that I don't like, exactly. I almost want to say the lack of chemistry, but that's not really right, as there is definitely mutual attraction. I think that their relationship just doesn't appear to be deep enough on the show; while it has the potential to be deep, it is often portrayed as rather superficial.

JxA
Likes: Okay, there is the hotness factor, I have to admit. There's a weird kind of chemistry, and Jimmy risks his life to save her planet. I have to agree with Gwen in that it's extremely romantic in the sexiest kind of way.
Dislikes: It's also kind of disturbing in the same kind of department. Inter-species. It freaks me out.

JxL
Likes: Everything. Absolutely everything. I think they are seriously perfect for one another - they're both passionate individuals, but with focus on two so distinct and yet so complementary areas (science and music). They would be able to connect with each other so deeply and so well. I can just picture them just hanging out, watching each other at work, either with Libby at the piano or Jimmy in his lab... they'd be so comfortable and supportive and loving. It seems like their senses of humor are kind of similar too... I could go on and on....
Dislikes: Okay, so it's not canon. I can't figure out why not! At least we have the one BPM moment into which we can read more than the writers probably intended.

#33 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:14 AM

Wow, these sure are fun to read. Maybe I should make a similar topic for other couples.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#34 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Okay, I might TRY IT. I may find a few minor things that I think are OKAY. But, I'd have to really think it out a lot before starting. Don't push it -_-
J/K :rolleyes:
Like...what kind of couples? Oh, boy...Who knows what you'll come up w/, Mara :rolleyes:
Have fun, y'all of IDOJ!!!!!!!!!!! I command you to have fun w/ it!!!!!!!!!
See ya.
B) Pigquet

#35 Sabbie1000

Sabbie1000

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

J/C, J/B, J/A, and J/L.

Okay so...

Jimmy-Cindy

Like: This is my favorite ship and I love them together. I feel like they would be the better couple and would actually be able to develop into a more serious relationship. Plus, it's more realistic. They're more intelligent and work harder in school than anybody else. The love/hate thing just comes with age and I'm sure if the series carried on into middle school etc. they would be more mature and not fight so much. I feel like Cindy is smart and Jimmy would want someone who he could talk to about inventions and stuff (and the person would almost actually understand him for once. :P)

Dislike: Uh, I can't remember who posted this but I'm stealing it. I hate how they always get interrupted in their moments. They almost kissed a bazillion times and it never happened except in LSTN! Bleh. <_<

Jimmy-Betty

Like: She's gorgeous and nice to Jimmy.
Dislike: She looks way old. Is it just me? I also don't like her voice, Mara. It can get quite annoying. I just don't see how they could have anything serious. I could see them dating a few times and then breaking it off. I think she's more glam than smart. No offense!

Jimmy-April

Like: This one is complicated because I guess it's kinda cute how Jimmy is into the alien sort of thing and all. She is nice in that war hero kind of way.

Dislike: She's too much of an 'extreme' for me. If you know what I mean. Plus, their cultures are entirely different. How could Jimmy fit in in a world like that?

Jimmy-Libby

Like: They are both level headed (except when it comes to Cindy for Jimmy).

Dislike: It's kinda like a triple triangle of the 'don't date your best friends crush'. It would be completely wrong to see them together when Jimmy's best friend Sheen is crushin' on Libby and Cindy is crushing on Jimmy. It would definitely mean a split up of the group and that would be bad! :o

#36 Justine<3

Justine<3

HELLO THERE FRIENDS.

• Senior Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

Well, I thought I would give this a shot...

J/C
What I Like: Well, it's obviously my favorite JN pairing! So, I really love it! There's a lot of things I love, but I gotta say I LOVE love/hate and denial relationships. I dunno why...but I think that's why I love J/C so much? *shrug*
What I Don't Like: Hmm...nothing I can think of. Sorry...

J/B
What I Like: The popular girl crush, you ALWAYS need that! Plus, Betty's REALLY nice to Jimmy, and respects his inventions and stuff. That's sweet.
What I Don't Like: Like I said, it's a crush. I just think it's noting more than a crush. Sorry...

J/A
What I Like: Ummm...I guess I'll agree with everyone else: April's really strong and Jimmy's really smart. Opposites attract.
What I Don't Like: I have NO idea why, but April just gets on my nerves SO MUCH. And, I agree with Carrie, the fact they're different species scars me...

J/L
What I Like: I agree wtih everyone else, they're both cool, calm and collected. And I agree with Krista, they're babies would be very beautiful. XP
What I Don't Like: I agree with Samm, it's the "best friend steals the girl" thing. I HATE THAT. PLus, what about Cindy and Sheen?

~*(+Justine+)*~

#37 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:12 AM

Justine, the fact we have completely different opinions, and still can joke around and be weird friends together, makes me giggle with glee (alliteration!!!).

#38 Justine<3

Justine<3

HELLO THERE FRIENDS.

• Senior Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Justine, the fact we have completely different opinions, and still can joke around and be weird friends together, makes me giggle with glee (alliteration!!!).

ME TOO! =D *issounoriginal*

But, thanks Gwen. :bff:

~*(+Justine+)*~

#39 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

OK, I guess I'll take a whack at this... *cracks knuckles*

J/C:
Like: This is my second favourite ship (S/L is my favourite). I guess I like it because in a bunch of episodes, you can see that they actually do care for each other. I could see them getting together in the long run...if they just got over that silly 'rivalry' thing. XD
Dislike: Like I said above, the whole rivalry thing just annoys me sometimes. Also, just the fact that they have to be alone to get any kind of decent moment going between them is rather annoying. And I guess I'm not as into love/hate relationships as I used to be (even though I still find them darn cute...). For that, I blame my ex-boyfriend.

J/B:
Like: Uhhh... I have nothing that I really like about this ship, but since I'm TRYING to be nice about it, I'll try and find something. Hmm, I guess because Betty gives Jimmy some encouragement? Not sure... :unsure:
Dislike: OK, I mean this as NICELY as possible, so please don't take offence. I think the main thing that makes me dislike this ship is Betty. I'm really sorry and all, but I just really don't like sugar-sweet people. They just get on my last nerve for some reason. Another thing is they get along a little too well. I mean, you have to argue sometime if you're a couple. And also, I just find Betty a little manipulative. I don't mean any offence by this, keep in mind.

J/A:
Like: Wow, um, I actually REALLY love this couple lately. XD I think I might actually be starting to like it more than J/C. :blink: Anyway, I really find this couple WICKED adorable. :thumbsup: I mean, April has got a lot of spirit and I could really see her getting along really well with Jimmy. I also really like how they worked together in WLK...and the culture shock with the 'Seal of Trust'/kiss was pretty funny. :lol:
Dislike: Ha, I'm going to be SO original and go with everyone else who said distance. XD DARN YOU, DISTANCE!!! Seriously, I don't like how far apart they are... D:

J/L:
Like: Eee, this is also another that I love. Jimmy and Libby have such matching personalities, and they'd get along great in a relationship. ^_^ I also just really love the idea of them getting together. It makes me all happy. =D XDD
Dislike: I really don't like that it gets in the way of S/L since that's my favourite ship. And then you'd have all those love triangles and whatnot to deal with. -_- And I also can't stand how it is technically 'non-canon' expect for that one moment in BPM. >_<

#40 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

Um...for some reason I decided to give this a try. I can't believe I thought of decent reasons for everyone. Hopefully they're not TOO unoriginal...or offensive... *gulp* They're just my opinions, though, after all.

J/C
Like: OK, let's face it, I ADORE love/hate relationships. I can understand why some people dislike it, but for me, it adds an element of excitement. If Jimmy and Cindy were all, "Awww, I love you so much I think my heart is melting inside of me" constantly, I'd scream at the sappiness and utter boredom it caused. As the main character, Jimmy needs a relationship that is interesting and grows throughout the show, or it'd quickly fall apart for fans, in my opinion. But maybe that's just me. :P
Dislike: The fact that Cindy is portrayed as super mean, and Jimmy as mainly the victim. Sure, Cindy is definitely downright cruel at times, but I've certainly seen Jimmy be just as cruel back at her. I guess I sympathize with Cindy for some reason and feel there are times the fans and everyone can't see past her mean side. She uses it as a mask more than anything, darn it all! Maybe I can relate because I'm a pretty passionate person...I dunno... :unsure:

J/B
Like: Um...Betty is pretty and the part where Jimmy is playing on his computer in One of Us by creating their wedding is funny...
Dislike: I've never felt like Betty's heart was in it. I mean, you see her enjoying the attention, but you don't see her drooling in front of Jimmy like he does with her. The fact that I can't see the emotion on her side really bugs me, and I just can't get past that. I'm sorry, but I doubt I'll ever see it... :blink:

J/A
Like: The whole warrior-chick personality April has is pretty freakin' awesome, I'll admit. She definitely has a very intriguing nature... (OK, I sound like a psychologist or something! :P )
Dislike: She seems a lot older and more mature than Jimmy. Is it just me? That, and the fact that they're too different species, doesn't seem to let them "fit" like they should. I guess that's the reason I've never gotten into this pairing.

J/L
Like: Wow. I mean, who doesn't like Libby? She's so sensible and cool, she really keeps the whole gang from falling apart. She and Jimmy are very similar in those ways. They're patient, sweet, and intelligent (even if Libby isn't the super-genius type, haha). They could make a pretty neat couple.
Dislike: Because they would get along so well, I almost see a lack of passion in any relationship they had... :o But the main reason I dislike it is simply because it gets in the way of J/C and S/L. I can't see anyone with Libby but Sheen. It would break his poor heart... And I certainly wouldn't want to see that. Unless there was some S/C...?! Um... OK, that's way too off-topic... :blink:

~Rachel~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users