• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

Okay, as freaky as that was, Rachel (No offense :blink: ) it actually got a few laughs at of me, haha :lol:

I'm still working on mine. Just trying to get all my thoughts together. I'm thinking of typing it out on my own wordpad first in case it gets long :unsure: And, I know it will.
See ya.
B) Pigquet

#42 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

“I wont be labeled as average"

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

Um...for some reason I decided to give this a try. I can't believe I thought of decent reasons for everyone. Hopefully they're not TOO unoriginal...or offensive... *gulp* They're just my opinions, though, after all.

J/C
Like: OK, let's face it, I ADORE love/hate relationships. I can understand why some people dislike it, but for me, it adds an element of excitement. If Jimmy and Cindy were all, "Awww, I love you so much I think my heart is melting inside of me" constantly, I'd scream at the sappiness and utter boredom it caused. As the main character, Jimmy needs a relationship that is interesting and grows throughout the show, or it'd quickly fall apart for fans, in my opinion. But maybe that's just me. :P
Dislike: The fact that Cindy is portrayed as super mean, and Jimmy as mainly the victim. Sure, Cindy is definitely downright cruel at times, but I've certainly seen Jimmy be just as cruel back at her. I guess I sympathize with Cindy for some reason and feel there are times the fans and everyone can't see past her mean side. She uses it as a mask more than anything, darn it all! Maybe I can relate because I'm a pretty passionate person...I dunno... :unsure:

J/B
Like: Um...Betty is pretty and the part where Jimmy is playing on his computer in One of Us by creating their wedding is funny...
Dislike: I've never felt like Betty's heart was in it. I mean, you see her enjoying the attention, but you don't see her drooling in front of Jimmy like he does with her. The fact that I can't see the emotion on her side really bugs me, and I just can't get past that. I'm sorry, but I doubt I'll ever see it... :blink:

J/A
Like: The whole warrior-chic personality April has is pretty freakin' awesome, I'll admit. She definitely has a very intriguing nature... (OK, I sound like a psychologist or something! :P )
Dislike: She seems a lot older and more mature than Jimmy. Is it just me? That, and the fact that they're too different species, doesn't seem to let them "fit" like they should. I guess that's the reason I've never gotten into this pairing.

J/L
Like: Wow. I mean, who doesn't like Libby? She's so sensible and cool, she really keeps the whole gang from falling apart. She and Jimmy are very similar in those ways. They're patient, sweet, and intelligent (even if Libby isn't the super-genius type, haha). They could make a pretty neat couple.
Dislike: Because they would get along so well, I almost see a lack of passion in any relationship they had... :o But the main reason I dislike it is simply because it gets in the way of J/C and S/L. I can't see anyone with Libby but Sheen. It would break his poor heart... And I certainly wouldn't want to see that. Unless there was some S/C...?! Um... OK, that's way too off-topic... :blink:

~Rachel~

i agree with u on the j/c like and dislike,but mainly on the dislike

#43 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:34 AM

Okay, as freaky as that was, Rachel (No offense :blink: ) it actually got a few laughs at of me, haha :lol:

Well, if you meant that J/C "heart-melting", overly-sappy comment... It was meant to be disturbing and hilarious. I mean, I feel since Jimmy's our main guy here that his romance, if it wasn't a love/hate relationship, might get too sappy. Because the writers would focus on it more than any other romance... And something like that would probably make me flip the channel pretty darn fast if my eyeballs didn't melt out of their sockets first.

I like romance. Just not the cheesy stuff. Well, actually, sometimes that's so hilarious I enjoy it for the laughs... XD You know me... :rolleyes:

~Rachel~

#44 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

I like romance. Just not the cheesy stuff. Well, actually, sometimes that's so hilarious I enjoy it for the laughs... XD You know me... :rolleyes:

Ya, when romance gets too sappy it just makes me laugh :lol:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#45 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

This looks like fun!

J/C, J/B, J/A, and J/L..

--Jimmy/Cindy--
Pros: I love the whole love/hate setup. They're both at a competitive age, yet they can't help but admire the other's abilities. In analogy form, they are like two rocks grating against one another. Two of a kind, they compliment each other by smoothing out the rough parts in each other via harsh force. They seem to know when they need positive reinforcement as an alternative though.
Cons: They tend to take the 'grating on each other' thing a little too far... This can be expected at their age, but in the 'Tomorrow Boys' episode, it was disappointing to see that though Jimmy did indeed grow out of this, Cindy did not. Geesh, grow up sometime.

--Jimmy/Betty--
Pros: Even though Neutron is a 'geek', popular girl Betty took the time to get to know him and treat him like he deserves, instead of being abusive all the time.
Cons: I think she tends to lead Jimmy on too much, knowing full well that he likes her, yet she doesn't bother to tell him that she isn't interested in that type of a relationship at the time being. Also, Jimmy seems to like Betty soley for her looks and because she counteracts the excessive Cindy abuse he gets.

--Jimmy/April--
Pros: She seems to be everything Jimmy wants: pretty, smart, and with a healthy balance of positive and negative reinforcement. (Kind of like a Cindy/Betty hybrid)
Cons: She's an alien species, probably... incompatible with humans, ya know? Even on earth, differences in culture and upbringing pose a very high hurdle to couples. It's usually better to go with someone who thinks/acts in a way you can relate to. Plus she's technically only in one episode, so more of just a 'fling' for Neutron.

--Jimmy/Libby--
Pros: Libby's a fairly level-headed girl, and seems to have a healthy balance of maturity vs. child-like sense of fun, much like our boy genius. She seems to have a high respect for Neutron, and only joins in teasing him when Cindy's around.
Cons: Libby just doesn't seem very interested in guys much at this stage of her life. Even with the hints towards a Libby/Sheen pairing, Libby seems to want to keep all relationships on the friendship level for now.

#46 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

LOL, now I have memories of a particularly sappy love scene in a movie drifting through my mind... XD

~Rachel~

#47 sunnstar

sunnstar

:)

• Senior Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

LOL, now I have memories of a particularly sappy love scene in a movie drifting through my mind... XD

~Rachel~

Which one? XDD

#48 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

~ Take me home, behind the sun...

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

Okay...I wanna say something too (dunno why, but well..)^^

JC:
Like: Ya well, I love this pairing! :wub: I like the whole energy of this love-hate relationship and the idea of 'rivals' falling in love with each other...I am addicted to any kind of love-hate and JC is my absolute favorite!!! I think they fit well together and it is cute how cluelessly and innocently they are sometimes about it, when they get closer. And though Cindy is sometimes very rough, in the end I think she deserved ending up with Jimmy. :D
Dislike: Hmm...that ...uh...sometimes Cindy is a bit of a betrayer...but well, in the end she had reasons for it...

(Is it crazy? I like Stranded very much and it was cute...but some scenes were too mushy for my taste....) :D

JB:
Like: Ahem...well Betty is always nice too him and she seems to have the ability to cheer him up. (as in Out Darn Spotlight). Yeah she's the :o crush...
Dislike: Betty is too nice in my eyes...and the whole thing is so smooth and a bit shallow maybe. After all the only reason he is fawning over her, is her beauty. Yes I know she's nice to him, but in the most scenes he is captivated by her beauty...not her personality.
And what bothers me most is, how easy she just said to Cindy : He's all yours. If she really liked him, well I don't think she'd be all smiling and talking with Cindy as if this was a little unimportant thing. And if it's just so shallow for Betty...well then I don't like it.

JA:
Like: Actually they do fit good together. April has a strong will, is an awesome fighter, she believes in Jimmy...yeah they are quite good together.
Dislike: I want Jimmy with Cindy! No, that's nothing good to say about them. She lives too far away and I don't have the feeling they would work on a long time together. April is a warrior...I can't imagine her having a long relationship with someone with such high scientific interest...also she's like a free spirit in my eyes, so I can't see a long relationship for her. But maybe I just know too less about her. (And I want JC...yeah, yeah I'm gonna shut up^^)

JL:
Like: Well, Libby is a cool and calm person and would be like a backbone of them. She is often more friendly to Jimmy and would make a good partner.
[b]Dislike
: In the show Libby has just a light friendship with Jimmy and I can't imagine her having deep feelings for him. She wouldn't be a good support in all his situations, because she isn't interested really in his passion and wouldn't have the ability to be always there for him. As for Jimmy, Libby is just the friend type for me...there would be nothing in them to keep the affection alive...(and I want Jimmy with Cindy....and I don't wanna break sheen's heart...their relationship is adorable :wub: )

That is my opinion...and absolutely nothing new. But I like talking about pairings, so there^^

#49 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,314 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

lol Jimmy really is a bit of a ladies man with all these ships.

JC

Like: Almost everything, pretty much. I love those cute little moments they have occasionally, and the whole love/hate thing. Plus, even though their arguments are annoying sometimes, they can be quite hilarious. Like in the beginning of Stranded, when Cindy says, "At least my head doesn't need its own time zone!" and Jimmy immediately responds with, "Why'd you have to go there, huh?" ROFLMAO. Those two lines make me laugh every single time.

Dislike: I dislike how they can sometimes go overboard with their insults, and be downright cruel. But that's about it.

JB

Like: It's really cute and funny to watch Jimmy drool over a pretty, popular girl. It makes him more normal. Plus, Betty is one of the only characters that hasn't made fun of Jimmy ever. She is genuinely kind, and Jimmy cares about her.

Dislike: After reading what Mara said, I realized that I also really can't stand Betty's voice. Plus, in my inner mind where I have invented lives for all these characters as teens, adults, and parents and everything, JB would kind of conflict, and propose some possibly awkward situations.

JA

Like: April kicks butt! She's awesome!

Dislike: Distance...

JL

Like: They would compliment each other very well. She stopped making fun of Jimmy long before Cindy did, and is kind to everyone.

Dislike: Poor Sheen! JL would crush him and make him so sad...Plus, I'm more of a JC/SL person, myself. JN is one of few fandoms where I'm predominantly canon.

#50 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

It makes him more normal.

:D I don't think anything would make Jimmy normal^^ He's too special!

I can understand your trouble with the voices...Betty's voice is a bit annoying...but that's nothing compared to the voices in German!
You should hear them...Jimmy sounds as if he swallowed a knife or something like that! I can not watch a show, when I don't like the voice...that's why I am just watching it in English anymore!
(oh and I gotta admit I liked April much more when I heard her voice in English)
Voices somehow define a character...

#51 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,314 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

I have to see a German dub! I totally love the character's Spanish dubs...especially Sheen's. His spanish voice sounds kind of like that guy Ling from Mulan, only a tad crazier.

#52 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

I saw this one episode on Spanish that is downloadable here....I like the voices very much :wub: , but Jimmy's was very strange....
Ling? Omg :D :D

#53 N!no

N!no

N!no

• Senior Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Watch in in Portuguese!!! Sheen's voice is the best from the whole characters

#54 N!no

N!no

N!no

• Senior Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

I saw this one episode on Spanish that is downloadable here....I like the voices very much :wub: , but Jimmy's was very strange....
Ling? Omg :D  :D

Oh I've also watched it in Spanish most of the episodes too besides English.
But u hv to aware of which episode was it.
There are 3 guys who played the roll of Jimmy in SPanish. The first one sounds really childish eeeeeeeeeee the 2nd and 3rd are more similar n more like teen voice.

When I first saw in English I was stunned by Carl's original voice. It made me crack up laughing...besides,when there are funny parts , jokes hv to twist up a little to make it goofy in Spanish 2

#55 N!no

N!no

N!no

• Senior Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

I have to see a German dub! I totally love the character's Spanish dubs...especially Sheen's. His spanish voice sounds kind of like that guy Ling from Mulan, only a tad crazier.

Oh you'll be surprise! In German Sheen is not Sheen...oh well he is Sheen but.... :wacko:

He has a different name ***drums***

In German this cuttie is called

MAXIMILIANO GUEVARA ESTEVEZ

so everybody calls him MAX

how about that?
and more changes too......

we have

FRANK NEUTRON (Hugh Neutron)
and ROBBIE (Goddard)
and KARL KEUCHER (Carl Wheezer)

Am I missing something else Laura???

^_^

#56 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'd really like to watch it, but I hv no idea where to see a portuguese episode -_- ...

Yes...I wonder how the other two guys sound like :D

When I heard it English first, I was surprised by Sheen's voice...and Jimmy's as well...oh and Cindy's voice was rather funny too....but now I like them a LOT better than I do the ones I was used to...^^

#57 N!no

N!no

N!no

• Senior Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

I'd really like to watch it, but I hv no idea where to see a portuguese episode -_- ...

Yes...I wonder how the other two guys sound like :D

When I heard it English first, I was surprised by Sheen's voice...and Jimmy's as well...oh and Cindy's voice was rather funny too....but now I like them a LOT better than I do the ones I was used to...^^

I don't really like how Jimmy sounds in Portuguese...better in French.
Hahaha

Uhhhh but Sheen's voice in Portuguese is manly I tell you, way manly :kawaii:

i have seven episodes in English, Portuguese and Spanish on DVD ...confusion fusion!!!
French isn't that bad....it's understandable...
hehe translations are pretty interesting....
like i mean.....Jimmy Neutron un garçon génial

#58 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Sheen? Manly? Do these words even go together? :lol:
Jim's french voice is funny....Cindy's is priceless :lol:

I saw the movie on french...

"Qu'est-ce que tu fais???" she cried this so desperately it was so freaking funny :D

#59 N!no

N!no

N!no

• Senior Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

Sheen? Manly? Do these words even go together? :lol:

Oh yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
believe or not these 2 words can go together

**faints**

I saw the movie on french...Jim's french voice is funny....Cindy's is priceless :lol:

"Qu'est-ce que tu fais???" she cried this so desperately it was so freaking funny :D

YAH1!!!! ME TOO!!! I saw the movie in French too!!! ^_^ and English of course!!! :lol:

and the part of Sheen and ultra lord not afraid of poulet!!!
hahahahahahaa
and uhmm who want's fried chicken!

#60 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

:D Let's celebrate again :kawaii: !!!

I 'd say I watch them in different languages because I wan't to learn...but I just wanna hear the voices... :D :D :D

Oh...now I remember...Nick sounds AWFUL in English (sorry, no offence) my eyes nearly popped out of my head, when I heard him talking for the first time :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users