88 replies to this topic

#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

I felt like posting this for some reason. Jimmy seems to have become quite the ladies man among the shippers :blink:

So. Post at least one thing you like and one thing you don't like about J/C, J/B, J/A, and J/L. You must find a thing you like/dislike about EACH OF THESE SHIPS.

Then we shall all be happy and frolic in joyous understanding of each other's viewpoints.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#2 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:34 AM

Ooh, fun topic, Mara. :ph43r:

JC.

What I like about it: They're like fire and ice. They challenge each other and know how to make one another tick.
What I dislike about it: There are just so many fans that it gets less and less pleasurable to watch and actually enjoy. Everywhere you go there are people going, "OMG U GAIS LOOK @ DIS MOMENT FROM STRANDED WEVE ALREDY CEEN ABOT 2BILLION x26262 TIMES!!!!1/1" Yeah, we're aware.

JB.

What I like about it: Betty's so sweet to Jimmy... < 3 She knows just the right ways to compliment him and make him feel confident, and that's why I look at their relationship and enjoy it.
What I dislike about it: The way Nick is always making a move on her. Rawrrr. JK! The way people interpreted Betty as a stuck up bimbo airhead out to ruin Cindy's life by using Jimmy after their "chat" in VA. Come on! Just because nice Betty Quinlan sticks up for herself for ONCE you go whoopin' on her ass? Cindy fights all the time. Does that mean she's a bad person, in your opinion?

JA.

What I like about it: April's rough and a hardcore, and Jimmy really enjoys those seals of trusts (gee, I wonder why?). Inter-species relations... who doesn't admire them? LOL.
What I dislike about it: That they have to be zillions of lightyears apart! Wrrrrrrrrrry?

JL.

What I like about it: If they got all canon on each otha' it would be a GREAT relationship, since they're both so down-to-earth, but when the time comes they know how to party as well (I mean, did you see Libby's birthday party? That was pretty friggin' awesome). Plus, Libby's forte is in music, and music is a form of math. Since Jimmy's a whiz, they could totally make some pretty complex music...

together. IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT. Eeeeh, eeeeh? *Winknudge*

What I don't like about it: It needs more fans? I dunno'!

PS. Have you ever thought of how Jimmy and Libby's babies would look? I mean, they'd be pretty... think about it! They would have a creamy and milk chocolaty looking complexion and-- pretend you never heard any of that.

#3 AnDrEa

AnDrEa

not that much free time...

• Senior Members
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

oh this is going to be fun!

J/C:

Like: um...idk, pretty much everything they do, like at one mo thay are all finghting and stuff and the next they're so sweet to each other...idk...maybe also Cindy's jelousy...

Dislike: eh...maybe that they are too slow?

J/B:

Like: that it is nice that Betty acts so kind to Jimmy all the time and that Cindy is all jelous of her and Jimmy doesn't even mind :P

Dislike: idk, maybe that she like gives him flse hope...like she is really nice to him and always pays attention to him and Jimmy always feels so in love with her and she is not even interested in him...idk it makes me feel like she only enjoys the attention and nothing more...

J/A:

Like: oh I love this pairing! since the moment I saw them I knew they were perfect for each other because April is so stong and kind and intellingent and is everything I would like Jimmy to have! they have chemistry!

Dislike: oh! Krista! u stole my reason! u reason-stealer!

J/L:

Like: hhmm...the conflict!! I love conflict and imagine the conflict between Libby and Cindy if the first was with Jimmy!

Dislike: actually I dislike that they are both down-to-earth...idk, I just don't feel that they are right for each other...like they don't fit together...

that's it!
Besitos,
o:) Andrea o:)

PS: Oh! you are right Krista! I'd love to see those babies! they would be so...cool!!!

#4 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:33 AM

Yay, Krista approves! :thumbsup:

Might as well give my two cents worth.

J/C
Like: I love how they bring out both the worst and the best in each other. It's a great dichotomy and makes for great watch-ability. Also, they've got the whole chemical attraction thing down pat. You get the feeling that any second they're just going to combust.
Dislike: While I understand rivalry, I really don't like how mean they are to each other sometimes. They treat their genuine enemies better, for cryin' out loud.

J/B
Like: It's a very relatable/real world. Everyone knows what it's like to have a crush on someone a little older and very attractive. And despite what fans would say, Betty is clearly a kind person.
Dislike: The entire basis of my dislike for this ship is ridiculous: I can't stand Betty's voice. It's so syrupy...she sounds like she's cooing all the time. Yech.

J/A
Like: Not even gonna lie. This ship is hot. Jimmy's brains and April's strength make for an unstoppable combination. It doesn't hurt that I really like April as a character, either...she manages to be warlike and feminine at the same time.
Dislike: It's way too "hero gets green alien babe" cliche. Besides, in my twisted little mind April is already in a love triangle with Lee and Nav, so why complicate things?

J/L
Like: These two have such a natural relationship; I feel they could be a very supportive and down to earth couple. Libby makes up for what Jimmy doesn't have in social know-how, and Jimmy's got the genius angle covered, so they'd compliment each other well.
Dislike: Does anyone care about Sheen's feelings here?? :'( I guess my main objection to J/L is the fact that S/L makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

And that's all she wrote!

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#5 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

Dislike: The entire basis of my dislike for this ship is ridiculous: I can't stand Betty's voice. It's so syrupy...she sounds like she's cooing all the time. Yech.

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just LOL'd. BIG TIME. I start imagining what you're saying in an over exaggerated manner.

Betty:HeeeeeeeyJiimmywannaagotoooothaaaaaaaamovies?

Jimmy: ... What you say?

#6 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:43 AM

:D

I provide entertainment where I can. It's actually amazing how often I base my liking of characters on their voices.

For example, I love April's voice. It's so breathy and dramatic...and Libby, how can you not love the life and spunk in her words? Cindy I'm kinda half-and-half on. I really like the emotion in her voice, but sometimes the pitch is just too harsh or squeeky.

I like Cindy's spanish voice better.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#7 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

Her Spanish voice? I never thought of that! Maaan, now I'll have to download a Spanish episode just to listen to her LOL.

By the way, I know you loathe Betty's voice when she's talking to Jimmy, but what about when she "chats" with Cindy? Do you mind it there, or does it sound like she's cooing to Cindy (omgwtfbbq! :wacko:)?

#8 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:02 AM

I just hate her voice period. :lol:'

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#9 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiice. XD

PS. Miroku/Sango! *Spazzes*

#10 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:13 AM

I nyuuuuu. >.<
They were always my fave couple from Inuyasha. While I don't watch it anymore (I left off at like ep. 120), it was my first anime so I feel a bit sentimental about it.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#11 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

Heehee. While InuYasha wasn't the first anime I watched (that would be Sailor Moon, omy x_x ), it was definitely the anime I was most RABID over. In fact, I still have my Youtube username as "AngelicInuEars." El oh el.

PS. I'd laugh if someone just happened to mention slash and Hugh came waltzing into this topic.

#12 girlgenius123

girlgenius123

Fer cryin' out loud...

• Senior Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

J/C:

Like: I like the balance they have. They're a challenge to each other, and relationships like that aren't easy to get rid of.
Dislike: I'll admit it. Cindy ticks me off sometimes. Plus, their fighting can get annoying.

J/B:

Like: Betty is nice to Jimmy, and I can tell he crushes on her.
Dislike: For some stupid reason, I think Betty is a Mary-Sue. *J/B-ers glare*

J/A:

Like: They have chemistry as well (Have pairings become science experiments? :lol: ).
Dislike: Call me shallow, but the fact they're different species annoys me.

J/L:

Like: This could work out if it were to be canon. Plus, the love rectangle would be quite interesting...
Dislike: Like Mara said, what about Sheen? He needs love too (apart for me :rolleyes: ). And I ship Carl/Libby on top of that, so yeah.

#13 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

Love rectangle? **spazLOL** I believe you mean "Love Rhombus", dear. What HAVE they been teaching you in school these days?? :blink: ... :lol:

P.S. I had a dream last night that someone sent me a clip of Betty's Japanese voice, and I loved it. :P

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#14 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Ahh, what I won't do to procrastinate homework. --cracks knuckles--

JxC (dramatic music plays and lightning flashes):

What I like about this pairing: Um, their eye colors go good together, idk.
What I dislike about this pairing: Can you just see the huge smile plastered on my face? Muahaha. Frankly, this pairing does not excite me. Jimmy can do way better than Cindy. Cindy's like, unstable and always trying to outdo him. And to be completely honest, she annoys the shit out of me. Her voice is like, blech, and her attitude is like, "OMG I AM GOING TO THROTTLE HER ADJFH!!!" I suppose my extreme dislike for Cindy causes an extreme dislike of this pairing. I just want her to die old and alone. 8D

JxB:

What I like about this pairing: Jimmy is so fecking cute when Betty talks to him. He gets all distant and...cute. < 3 Plus Betty would be a much better wife to a scientist than any of the other females in the show, regretably. So I feel that this pairing would make the best long-term relationship.
What I dislike about this pairing: The fact that it probably wouldn't happen because of Betty's social status. Cri. And it would get in the way of JxA if Jimmy was to marry someone else!

JxA (...8D!):

What I like about this pairing: Roflcopter goes whooshwhooshwhooshwhoosh. I love everything about this pairing. The brains+brawns factor, the intergalaxy relationship, the hot sexiness! ...you heard nothing. Honestly, it is the most romantic pairing in JN. I'm not talking about romantic cheese either like SxL or HxJ...or creepiness like CxJ. I'm talking about romantic romance. In teenagerdom, we call things like this DAMN HAWT STUFF.
What I dislike about this pairing: Stupid Cindy getting in the way and the writers only using JxA to bring out more JxC. IT HURTS AFTER A WHILE, OKAY? D;

JxL:

What I like about this pairing: Aww<3 it'd be so damn cute. They're perfect for each other frankly. It's a squee thing, you know? Like Krista said, they're both so down to earth, and like Mara said, they compliment each other well.
What I dislike about this pairing: It'd get in the way of JxA...and the fact of it not being canon...at all. XD;

.:!Gwen!:.

#15 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

I'm talking about romantic romance. In teenagerdom, we call things like this DAMN HAWT STUFF.

Roflcopter x 2. Agreed, this pairing is Hawt. Hott? Hot.
The English teacher in me is a vicious beast that I cannot quell.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#16 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

All this talk about what people hate about J/C has made me realize something rather substantial about my OWN shipping tendencies.

I guess I really like the way the J/C relationship was portrayed in the movie. It was much more childish and competive in a "boys vs. girls, I'm a better student than you" way, which was actually very cute. They were never actually cruel to one another. In all honesty, Cindy in the movie reminded me of myself with the whole "girl dinosaurs were more competent than male dinosaurs" bit (though I'll note that plesiosaurus was a marine dinosaur and not a therapod like the one displayed). Basically I liked the two of them in the film, and that liking just sort of extended itself into the series. If not for the movie, I wouldn't ship J/C particularly.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#17 Pigquet3

Pigquet3

Thug Lyfe Guard

• Senior Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Mara, can I do one just for J/A? That's the only one I'll be able to do both for. :P Sorry.
B) Pigquet

#18 iloveslinky

iloveslinky

Amen...

• Senior Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hmm, interestng idea, Mara! Very, very interesting...

J/C

I like this pairing because it was given enough moments to really develop in its own, unique way that set it apart from all the other teen/children's pairings; two best friends falling for one another.

I don't like it, however, because it's kind of overdone in the FF world. Yeah, I can take some of it, but not to the degree that other people bring it to.

J/B

I like this pair because it's Jimmy's first love! I mean, who wouldn't want to go out with their popular crush? Seriously..

I don't like it because I'm still an avid J/Cer! Some of those DEVOUT J/B shippers kind of annoy me sometimes. (No offense or anything)

J/A

I like this ship because it kind of put a challenge on everyone's views of Jimmy's other relationships. Also, it adds the new twist of an other-worldly love interest for our dear genius.

J/L

I LOVE this pairing because it's something new and different! When done right, this can be the cutest thing you've ever seen.

I don't like this pairing because I think that there's no one in the world, other than Libby, that can handle Sheen. He's as eccentric as she is mellow and laid back. They're perfect for one another.

Slink

#19 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Mara, can I do one just for J/A? That's the only one I'll be able to do both for. :P Sorry.
B) Pigquet

I'm sure you can find SOMETHING that you like and dislike about each of these 4 couples.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#20 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

Ok, here we go.. *cracks knuckles*

J/C

Like: I too enjoy the balance in their relationship, and I have a feeling that, if they had continued the series, they would be less cruel to each other, and probably mature enough to stop competing.

Dislike: It's been overdone, and I hate overdone things, like steak...mmm. But it does tend to get a little old, and that's why usually, if J/C is in my fanfics, I have other pairings too.

J/B

Like: It's natural to have a big crush on a popular girl. And this one actually talks to him and seems moderately interested. She is one of the only girls on the show who hasn't made fun of him, and he likes that.

Dislike: From the start, I never really expected them to get together. Just like the usual 'popular girl crush', it's not meant to be. And I don't think she's as qualified to be in Jimmy's adventures as the rest of the gang. Sure she was in VA, but how do you think she would have fared in WL, or K?

J/A

Like: This is such a great couple! He's fascinated by her culture, and her the same, and that makes the attraction even better. Plus, how cool would their babies be?

Dislike: Because of the planetary, cultural, and social differences between them, I don't think they'd make it work. Can you imagine the mating rituals of Gorlock?

J/L

Like: I agree that they're both down-to-earth people, and I feel a mild attraction between them. Between her music know-how, and Jimmy's mind instruments, they could make the greatest band in the world!

Dislike: Except for one, maybe two instances, there's been no relationship with them, and that kinda puts me off. It might get enough attention in fanfics, but I don't think they'd fit together. It's like mis-matching puzzle pieces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users