88 replies to this topic

#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,495 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well, since we have a "Last Book You Read" topic and a "Last Movie/TV Show You Saw" topic, I thought it was high time to make a thread for video games! :la:
So...what game did you complete most recently (or, alternatively, what game are you currently playing)? Be sure to include the title, gaming platform (PS3, Xbox, PC, etc.), and a brief synopsis! Pictures optional ^_^

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#2 underwater

underwater

loves to lurk

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Nickname:Corinne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

541771_4974461920902_99564248_n.jpg

I just finished Saints Row 3 for Xbox (I know, I know, I'm a little behind the times). I became a lady crime lord with a Russian accent, and it was awesome.

Corinne

#3 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,145 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm currently playing Bejeweled for iPhone, where you have to swap gems and make rows of three, four, or five of matching gems.  It's really addictive!

#4 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,495 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

@Em: Bejeweled is one of my all-time favorite mini games ^_^ I must've played it for 5 hours straight on the flight back from New Zealand.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#5 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

The last one I finished was Myst III: Exile for PC. Those games are SO addicting, but they're also some of the hardest I've come across. And not hard in the way that most video games are hard for me (because I can't do shooting games for the life of me), but actually intellectually difficult. They're a series of first-person, point-and-click adventure/puzzle games. And they're old, too. Myst came out in 1993 ^_^

I want to start Myst IV: Revelation soon, but there was something wrong with my graphics card or whatever last time I tried, and the audio skipped, so I'm going to have to see if that's still a problem.

Pictures from Exile because it's just so darn beautiful:

myst-iii-exile-image369633.jpg

249_3.jpg

249_2.jpg

You should all start playing Myst!! It's great :D

#6 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,495 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Just bought a used copy of Skyrim (I'm late to the game, I know), and I'm currently using it to distract myself from my stupid health issues.

I feel like such a dipshit, 'cause I'm still a n00b and have no idea what I'm doing...Marcurio is my follower though and OMG WHAT A SASSMASTER. He saves my sorry hide on practically every quest, but then gives me lip when I try to make him carry my swag :rolleyes:

I can't figure out enchanting and smithing to save my life...it's gonna take awhile before I don't suck >.<

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#7 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I finally defeated a demon that I've been trying to beat for about two months in Symphony. Just five more and then I'll reveal all the pages of the Symphony of Souls, and I think that means I win? I haven't looked at the instructions in a while.

But I do find it really ironic that a demon was haunting the song "Through Heaven's Eyes" from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. It was way harder to beat than the one haunting Gangnam Style that I killed before it.

#8 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Started playing Myst IV: Revelation on Saturday. It's sooooo pretty! :kawaii:

revelation-spire.jpg

MYST_IV_Spire_by_eigth_of_twelve.png

revelation-119.jpg

This is Spire. It's a Prison Age. I'm having eye-gasms all over the place with this game.

(also there is a kitten who is fascinated by my laptop at the moment. He keeps trying to chase the cursor around the screen.)

#9 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,495 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm up to level 50 on Skyrim...not only am I a boss enchanter and smithy, but I've also defeated the evil dragon Alduin, become Archmage of the College of Winterhold, clawed my way to the top of the Thieves Guild, and am now attempting to reunify the country. ALL HAIL THE DRAGONBORN BITCH :rock:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#10 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

C3P3DR0

• Senior Members
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Can't say I'm much of a gamer anymore. I dunno, they just don't peak my interest as before. Though I can say the last game that I DID play was Super Smash Bros. Meelle.

#11 Chompyzilla

Chompyzilla

Bubble travel is the way of the future!

• Senior Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I've been playing Final Fantasy: ring of fates. Currently I'm forgoing using the best and strongest equipment in favour of looking like a pirate, because looks are clearly the most important thing when a brain stealing cult takes over the government. Arr! Me be a pirate.

#12 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Can't say I'm much of a gamer anymore. I dunno, they just don't peak my interest as before. Though I can say the last game that I DID play was Super Smash Bros. Meelle.

Funny. I've become more of a gamer in the past year. It all started with Myst. But, you guys. I've been converted!

To puzzle games, at least. I like how the actual gameplay interface is usually easy (most of the ones I've played or have on my to-play list are point-and-click ;)) but they're intellectually challenging. Like the Myst games. My God. They hurt my brain sometimes, but they're so rewarding when you actually solve a puzzle, especially if you didn't use a hint site. And they're SOOO PRETTY. Seriously. The artwork is just amazing. And the music keeps getting better and better.

I'm off in a couple minutes to play more Revelation :D I'm already exploring Haven. Achenar's memories are more entertaining than Sirrus' ones, and his Prison Age has lots of animal friends.

#13 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

So I want to finish playing Revelation soon, but I also want to leave the last Age just so I can go back to Haven and hangout in the grasslands listening to this song:

I think it's my new favorite song, in general. Not even just for games.

But I am almost done! I'm in Serenia, which is a really confusing Age because all the paths look exactly the same and I keep getting lost. I know at some point I'm supposed to meet someone who will tell me what to do next, but I need to actually find her first. This is quite the process.

#14 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Finally beat Myst IV: Revelation.

The ending was bittersweet.

Spoiler

I lost first, though, of course. Just like in Myst. I couldn't decide who to trust, and my indecision and lack of action ended up with me getting killed with a crossbow. Oops.

In my defense, though, I trusted Achenar once in Myst and ended up trapped in a Prison Age, sooo....

I know there's at least one other losing ending I want to try some time later when I stop having feelings about the winning end. Which reminds me that I still haven't tried all the possible losing ends for Myst, Riven, and Exile...I'll have to do that at some point.

I've come to the conclusion that Atrus and Catherine are terrible parents.

I can't wait to play Uru and End of Ages. But I'll probably be sad when I finish them, because there are no more left.

#15 XboxHavic

XboxHavic

Warrior

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Portal 2, and I'd just like to say, it's the best game evar. Of all time. The story is amazing, if you go out and find all the easter eggs and piece everything together it makes it even more amazing, not something I expected from a puzzle game. Love it.

#16 Chompyzilla

Chompyzilla

• Senior Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

Funny. I've become more of a gamer in the past year. It all started with Myst. But, you guys. I've been converted!

To puzzle games, at least. I like how the actual gameplay interface is usually easy (most of the ones I've played or have on my to-play list are point-and-click ;)) but they're intellectually challenging. Like the Myst games. My God. They hurt my brain sometimes, but they're so rewarding when you actually solve a puzzle, especially if you didn't use a hint site. And they're SOOO PRETTY. Seriously. The artwork is just amazing. And the music keeps getting better and better.

I just got myst and it is extremly challenging. I was stuck for about twenty minutes before finally discovering what various levers and valves do. It feels awesome to finally solve some.

#17 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

I just got myst and it is extremly challenging. I was stuck for about twenty minutes before finally discovering what various levers and valves do. It feels awesome to finally solve some.

Dooo ittttt! :D It is super satisfying. Do you have the Masterpiece Edition? That comes with a hint feature. Also, if I get stuck and can't figure out what to do, I usually go to uhs-hints.com. If nothing else, looking at the list helps me figure out what puzzles there are to solve.

Just letting you know, Myst is probably the easiest. Riven was next to impossible without a hint site, though Exile and Revelation were a little easier than Riven, but still harder than Myst.

If I had to rank them by how difficult they were, I'd say, from hardest to easiest:

Riven

Revelation

Exile

Myst

Also, anybody who likes puzzle games should try Machinarium. It's this adorable little game where you have to help a robot go through the robot city to rescue his girlfriend from the local gang who kidnapped her, and you help other robots with their problems along the way.

#18 XboxHavic

XboxHavic

Warrior

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

That kind of reminds me of these really choice heavy story games I played a while ago. They're really fun. These two were my favorites.

https://www.choiceofgames.com/zombies/

https://www.choiceofgames.com/dragon/

If Alistar is anything like those games, I think It'll be pretty fun.

#19 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,495 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

I love choose your own adventure stories ^_^ I'm not sure why, but they're just so fun and immersive that I can't get enough of them. I think I'd like to write, illustrate, and program my own otome game one day. I bet I could make it 999x less sexist than the usual fare ;) I'd have to get someone to do the music for it, though...lord knows I have no musical talent.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#20 Chompyzilla

Chompyzilla

• Senior Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Tim
I have been playing this for a while and I'm almost at the end. I'm going to say this is the second best Zelda game I have played (behind twilight princess).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users