Photo
- - - - -

Is J/C Overrated?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Is J/C Getting Overrated? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Is J/C Getting Overrated?

1. Yes! It's Getting Old! (8 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

2. Maybe... (6 votes [10.91%])

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

3. Quite... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No! J/C 4EVER! (30 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

5. No Opinion (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

6. Llama! (10 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

Maybe I blew things out of poportions. Sorry guys. :'(

Maybe I AM taking this too seriously for my own good.

I'm gussing Cindy will never change. :'(

Sorry, I'm very sensitive like that.

Maybe I should stop myself cause since all of you are saying things, I respect your views, Wiz, Laura, Gwen, w/e. No hard feelings. Everyone has thier own opinions and views of J/C: Some absolutly LOVE them, others hate them to the extent of them being overrated, while others think they'll never get along. There's no excuse of me forcing my view on everyone just because I think it's great. That's VERY selfish of me.

:unsure:

I'll probably re-write my reply later on being that I'm in school now. So.. yeah.

I'll shut up now and stop posting my story.

Nah. I'll keep posting it. But I have to get used to the fact that not everyone will like and/or agree with how I view and present Jimmy and the guys. Being different is what keeps us from being a pack of souless zombies after all. :lol:

I apologize if I adgitated anyone with my pointless challenge.

#42 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

I see what you mean, Laura. I get nervous for liking JC, too - worried it makes me sound lame or ditzy or (heaven forbid) a godawful sappy fanfic writer.

But, I am a HUGE fan of JC. Of the arguing. Of the hate - seriously.

I think everyone has pointed out something important - they are ELEVEN YEARS-OLD. Of course they act like little snots to one another! C'mon, middle school girls are the meanest people on the planet. Does this surprise anyone that Cindy can be a complete jerk at that age?

Nah, it makes sense to me. I do love Helga's devotion to Arnold, and how she is honest to herself about it. But by the end of Season 3, Cindy was being much more honest about it, too.

And Jimmy isn't exactly perfect. He does put the town in danger - serious danger - time and time again. And stubbornly refuses to acknowledge it. That would drive ME crazy, too! So while I do get upset with Cindy at times (I wish she was slightly nicer), I understand why she isn't. Jimmy's an egotistical know-it-all.

Cindy's family is obsessed with her being the best - and like she said in the movie, she WAS the best until Jimmy showed up. She has many MANY reasons to be a jerk to him. Is that polite? No. But it makes sense to me, and that's why I'm okay with Cindy's character.

Anywho, don't feel bad, Pedro. You were just defending your position.

I don't really see anything in this debate that should start any drama around here, lol. So let's relax.

So yes. THERE IS JC IN MY UPCOMING FANFIC. Lol, read at your own risk!

My personal take is that Jimmy and Cindy need to mature more for the nastiness to subside. They're eleven years-old at the moment. If they were acting like this at 25, then yes, that would be obnoxious. But at 11? Sure, why not.

I feel like Cindy's character could have been a lot, lot better. She's just TOO mean and spiteful in my opinion. The competition / fire between them is great, but it too often crosses into mean-spirited territory, where it stops being interesting and starts being painful to watch. Cindy would be SO much more interesting if they played up her internal conflict and intelligence a bit and made her more competitive and less nasty. Sarcasm, wit, and a bit of playful teasing would have been a lot more effective than vindictiveness.

And that, my friends, is what fanfic is for. :lol:

#43 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

You’re gonna cut me down now, I’m aware of that. But to be entirely honest with all of you, one reason why I hesitated to join the boards earlier was because from all those words I constantly get the feeling I have to be ashamed to like that pairing. That it makes me some kind of ditz.

That's totally cool. I actually really like J/C too. I sometimes get irritated, but that just shows that the show is dynamic enough to inspire emotion.

And I'm not ashamed to write J/C fanfiction or do J/C fanart either. Although my Valentine's day art trade with Karin is an S/L comic this year...

The majority of the population here at IDOJ consists of J/C shippers, so I see no reason for you to feel uneasy around the few of us who don't care about the pairing. We're the minority; we're not allowed to state our own opinions because it makes a few J/Cers feel bad by, heaven forbid, keeping all of the fandom from agreeing with them 100% about everything?

I'm sure Laura wasn't trying to say this at all. Rather, it's just that a lot of the oldest members / most prolific posters are anti-JC, so for a newcomer of COURSE it would seem intimidating.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course. And yes, I agree about loathing characters/ships with a passion, since I certainly loathe Zutara more than I can describe. However, Laura is ALSO right in saying that it's because they represent a certain type of relationship in real life that you find unappealing.

Are we reconciled now? Good. Fight over.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#44 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

I think everyone has pointed out something important - they are ELEVEN YEARS-OLD. Of course they act like little snots to one another! C'mon, middle school girls are the meanest people on the planet. Does this surprise anyone that Cindy can be a complete jerk at that age?

And Jimmy isn't exactly perfect. He does put the town in danger - serious danger - time and time again. And stubbornly refuses to acknowledge it. That would drive ME crazy, too! So while I do get upset with Cindy at times (I wish she was slightly nicer), I understand why she isn't. Jimmy's an egotistical know-it-all.

Katie, I seriously love you.

You manage to talk sense in EVERY situation. We're not worthy! We're not worthy! **bows down rhythmically**

...Also, the part about them acting like "little snots" and Jimmy being an egotistical know-it-all? That was hilarious :lol:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#45 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

Well, all I was saying in my position was that I really think it's possible to turn J/C from "little snots" and "egotistical know-it-alls" into actuall heroes. Not saying "free-from-their-flaws" perfect, but know better of their flaws and can still have thier competitive edge but without thier hatred. Of course that won't suit everyone and some will even speak strightfoward that "that's not how they're supposed to be like!".

But like I said, everyone is entitiled to their opinion. Plus I did went a bit overboard. :lol:

And there's mines.

Anywho, don't feel bad, Pedro. You were just defending your position.

Thanks, Kaite. ^_^

#46 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

There's no need for any of that...and if you ARE offended, don't bring it to everyone else's attention, but tell the person they were out of line privately.

You mean me Pig?

#47 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

LOL! Alright.

Thanks Pig. ^_^ *hugs*

#48 Bianca

Bianca

Ha! I'm finally 15 :p

• Senior Members
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

Also, April is a babe.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

LOL. That made me burst out laughing.... :drool:

#49 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

Also, April is a babe.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Uh. Chya.

After reading all the hype that's been going on from something I think I may have started, I'm going to put my feet up on the table and say but one thing.

I hate J/C.
Laura loves J/C.
I love fantasy.
Laura loves fantasy.

Just because we disagree on one thing doesn't mean we do on everything. If you let this silly debate get to you--and that's what it is; not an argument, a debate--then the shallowness of your character is astounding. We're all deeper than that.

It's like red fish, blue fish. I may be red, and you may be blue, but we both don't want to be eaten by a shark.

And in our similarities, we are connected and we are friends. ^_^

#50 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Ditto. *Puts an end to the J/C fight*

#51 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

It's not a fight, Pedro. Belieeeeeeve me. I've seen worse shit happen around here. XD

#52 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy debate.

Seriously, stop hyping--all of you. "OMG A FIGHT A FIGHT IDOJ IS FALLING APAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART"

It's overreaction and annoying. XD

#53 Kaz

Kaz

Hey, Assbutt!

• Senior Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Where was I when this was happening? :lol:

Seriously, reading this with hindsight, it's actually quite funny....

I think the best thing to always try to remember is that each to their own, but keep an open mind.

#54 Kaz

Kaz

Hey, Assbutt!

• Senior Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

I don't think you were, Laura. I just saw it that you were passionate about getting your view across.

Don't sweat it.

#55 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hm.. Maybe you're right, Mara, but I still love it the way it is just the same! <3 LONG LIVE J/C-NESS!!!!!!!!

#56 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

All I have to say on that. Yeah, Mara portrays J/C in a...uniqute okay way. LOL J/K TOSOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

You know, technically there hasn't actually been any romance between DJ and Aurora.

Just piles and piles of sexual tension :P

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#57 Bianca

Bianca

Ha! I'm finally 15 :p

• Senior Members
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

It's like red fish, blue fish. I may be red, and you may be blue, but we both don't want to be eaten by a shark.

That's a good life lesson. :bunny:

#58 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

You know, technically there hasn't actually been any romance between DJ and Aurora.

Just piles and piles of sexual tension  :P

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Yay sexual tension! :rock:
(and FC)

#59 Urvy

Urvy

Even Ponies Go Insane!

• Banned
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:49 AM

Ok, just... WOW. I actually had a hard time deciding which quote to use, - yours, Mara's or Gwen's, they were all SO something I would say, but could never type out just right. (do you still go by Hugh, or some other nickname? its been awhile so I'm just checking to be safe ^^)

With the exception of the "have never been a shipper" part, (anyone who knows even just my YouTube account, -let alone myself- would roll their eyes & say "yeah, right!" if I didn't clarify this XD) I have to agree 100% here.

I am perfectly willing to respect & get along with any J/C fan out there, & although I'm an alternate Jimmy shipper, (namely one of J/C's biggest shipping rivals to date) I'm more "ugh, not J/C again!" than I am "pro-J/someone else".

For one, I just don't have that many options on fan-works for mine, but J/B is besides the main point here. Its Cindy & her J/C ship we're talking about.

Yep, of course I think its overrated, I've always thought this ever since I stepped foot into this fandom. Not so much the ship itself, (ok, SOME) as it is the fandom.

While I can picture J/C as perfectly good, even great friends for one another, I just CAN'T see them as a sappy, lovey-mushy overly-cute couple.

I've never liked Cindy that great either, but she had grown on me for awhile. Then I rewatched most of the show & well.. I'm as the majority of you know me today. Mara described my thoughts on her character position in the show perfectly, Gwen took care of my general dislike of Cindy & the J/C as a couple in itself, (but somewhat less erm.. rough about this thing, to avoid offense in J/Cers) & all three of you handled my view on the fandom of the couple.

Plus, I share identical feelings with Wizard about love/hate relationships of any kind. I just could never like them, very, VERY few ever manage to come into my shipping world. I can even name those few right here -

Rika/Ryo - Digimon Tamers, Season 3
Mr. Blik/Katilda - Catscratch

& one more than escapes my mind at the moment, but I'm sure I've mentioned it elsewhere. XD

& let's never forget, Jimmy has ALWAYS been my favorite character in this show, & since I got into the series BEFORE getting into supporting couples (yes, there was such a time! XD), this doesn't really help my ability to er, "enjoy" this well.. couple. XD (no offense!! ^^; )

Well said, Stacy! Well said!

Also Well Said Wiz too!

#60 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

OHLOL oops. Wait, you think I do a good job with kids- J/C? Really? I always felt like I was a bit lacking in that department. :blink:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users