• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:28 AM

I think somebody should have a fanfic or music video dedicated ONLY to Jimmy.
So much people love(in a totally platonic way) him, and we should make stuff for him. So, let's brighten up his mood even if he is RIP.(like the shows over, the show died, blah blah blah)Who's gonna help Jimmy?! I am!!

I could write some fanfictions for Jimmy. I can't make a video because I don't know even know WHERE to start, and plus, the stupid Movie Maker won't let me download the clips. <_<

Stupid windows movie maker. How do we even import the song?!

You have to have the song on CD or just in a file on your computer. Then when it says that you have the music in there you just click and drag it to the left of the clips. That's about the only thing I know. xD

#42 Sheenfan1

Sheenfan1

Sheen fanatic a 100 Percent.

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

The main character of the show, what do you think of him? Do you think he has too big of an ego? Do you love him so much your heart can't take it? Jimmy's one of my favorite characters, I'm not a fan girl of his, I know there's some out here though but I do like his character as said. I like how he uses his brain to defeat villains not with powers, its hard to find characters like that. Any who, have fun :thumbsup:

#43 Fire Pearl

Fire Pearl

~ Take me home, behind the sun...

• Senior Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hehe, I'm just replying because I could never actually figure out how I felt about Jimmy. So I'll try.

As a character I think his design is awesome. I mean he's that sweet little boy, who just happens to be a great genius and can't surppress his urge to tamper with everything that shouldn't be tampered with in the interest of science...or well, cause he can. It's quite charming, I feel.

And he's got a lot of great qualities besides the most obvious being that he's smart. For one thing I love his humor, aka, the way he sometimes comments on the things that happen to him. Like his 'What a shock.' line- that cracked me up although it was totally obvious.

Then he's very...well, sweet I'd say, when he wants to be. That's obvious when he's doing all those things to impress Betty (plus the way he treats her - 'precious head' xD), or when he fixed Cindy's invention when he didn't have to (I guess a lot of people would've been veery resentful in that moment), or when he is with Goddard....I think it's a little heartwarming how much he cares for his dog.

Third of all- he's just so goody-goody, it's really lovely.

And it's totally awesome how quick he can think of those pretty creative ways to get the gang out of their predicaments. It's one thing to be almost all-knowing in sciences and invent a thousand things, but another thing entirely to come up so fast with something when you're under pressure. I also like that they included some obvious weaknesses that they poke fun at - like his complete lack of any artistic talent (I had to laugh about that one =) ) or his shortness (well, there I felt a little sorry for him.) or his oversized ego.

But that's where I'm starting to get a little annoyed with him. I suppose it's all normal at his age to play himself up the way he does - and it was quite charming in the first two seasons, however, when his naivity rubbed a little off, it really started to tick me off. I can't watch the first half of Win,Loose and Kaboom without cringing at him. It just bugs me so much he hasn't any confidence in other's talents or opinions. And what about the whole 'A person can't change' deal?

Actually, there are more scenes in the later episodes that turned off all my sympathies for the boy. Because he really IS smarter than anyone else. Bragging is just cheap, when you're really that intelligent. Not to forget that his temper seems to get a little worse in the third season...he got a bit screamy, when something annoyed him, especially at Carl and Sheen. Wouldn't have bothered me with any other character- but it did with him, because he's always emphasizing how he's just the shizz.

Anyway. He'd be my least favorite character of the main cast, if it weren't for the fact that I don't care that much for Carl. I honestly try to like Jimmy better when I watch the show, heck, he's just a little boy after all - but it's always two extremes with him. Either I think he MAKES the scene or I just wanna whack him. (in a friendly way of course). Haha, I'm in platonical love-hate with him. Go figure.

And now....
*hides from rabid Jimmy-fans* <---- LOL Always wanted to type something like that.

#44 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

EEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!! *fangirl squeal* :kawaii:

Sure, this guy is a super-genius and his ego's pretty huge, but who can't help but FALL FOR those GORGEOUS sapphire eyes of his?! Also, have ya SEEN the guy in a tux?! That's some serious eye-candy right there!

I've seen Jimmy's sweet side, and after you push the ego aside, he's a really sweet guy! I mean, in Stranded, he decided to find her a present, so he searched through 137 clams and found a pearl for her! Now if that isn't sweet, then I don't know what is!

I also found myself cracking up when he swung from that vine into the island lake, not to mention at his little stunt at Pamona School of Advanced Physics!!! I'll always hate Seymore for that, but I do admit, he pulls it off pretty darn WELL!!! I just LOVE his line, "I'm dead. I'm streaking and I'm dead!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Who can't HELP but look at him and go GAGA for his dashing good looks in MBFSW??! I mean, really!! :thumbsup: :bath: <3 :wub:

*cue fangirl squeal...again* SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

#45 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

Officially reviving this topic!! Come on, it was called The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius for a reason! C'mon, now! What fangirl DOESN'T squeal when she sees him in a tux?!! :kawaii: <3

#46 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

Well, he's the best!!! HEEHEE! *giggles* Oh my gosh. I really am still an eleven year old girl at heart.... *BLUSH*

#47 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Same here... <3

#48 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

Anyway, what is your favorite Jimmy moment?? LOL I have so many it's really hard to say.

#49 CjIiNmDmYy

CjIiNmDmYy

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Did I even see this before...? :blink: I guess not...

Well, in my opinion, Jimmy is a sweet little smarty pants, kinda like my little brother; a playful attitude, with the gift of number and atoms. In terms of character, I like him too, but, don't get mad, I think that he should pay more attention to the qualities of his friends. I agree with Laura on that, 200%. Sure he learns that later ion in WLK, but he still displays 'big-headedness' in later episodes. In addition, he never really gives Sheen credibility. he doesn't exactly treat Sheen as his best friend, if you noticed. He'd always reassure Carl when he's scared, check on him, protect him, but Sheen....? I hardly saw any of that. No offense to fangirls, though. The same goes for Cindy. I never actually see him REALLY appreciate her work. Well, those are his ONLY problems, according to me.

But really, honestly, I just love his character (other than that), it's the typical 11-year-old act.I don't blame him for flaws. I guess... that's also what makes him lovable. i also love how he puts friends before himself. That's really a selfless act of him. I also love how he tries to maintain a "no lovey-doveyness" ppolicy with Cindy, but he fails, lol. That's another hilarious trait.

But under all that he's just a growing eleven-year old kid with a big IQ. He's learning...

...and i love that most about him.

#50 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

With all of these characters it's fun to see them grow and change. Win Loose and Kaboom was such a cool movie, mostly because it taught Jimmy that he has to value his friends for their input as well! And that is visible more and more as the series goes on. Yes, he does rely on himself a bit too much, but you can tell he's headed in the right direction. At least, I think so. :)

#51 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Anyway, what is your favorite Jimmy moment?? LOL I have so many it's really hard to say.

It's hard for me to choose, too! But if I had to choose just one moment out of ALL of them, I'd MOST DEFINITELY choose when he and Cindy finally kissed in LSTN!! But if it was a single-character(aka: just him) moment, I'd go with his little stunt in JG2C!!! True, I loathe Seymour for making him do that, but still, it's effin' HILARIOUS!!!! LOVE the line: "I'm dead. I'm streaking and I'm dead!" XDDDDDDDDDDDDD :lol:

Edit: And THIS is how I envision him when he goes to prom:

Posted Image
I mean, WHO can resist his charm?! I know I sure can't!! <3 <3 <3

#52 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

That is a really cool drawing, Emily!! :) Yeah, there are so many that are just so funny.... I always laugh when he uses huge words I can't understand... :)

#53 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

Are you KIDDING?! That's my favorite part of ANY ep!!

#54 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

:) :)

#55 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,765 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Topics merged

JUST AS PLANNED :evillaugh:

Posted Image

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#56 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nice going, Mara! Now we can use this single topic to discuss/gawk over how awesome Jimmy really is!! <3 :kawaii:

#57 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Let's revive this topic, too, shall we?! :kawaii:

#58 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Okay, I'll admit he's a total STUDMUFFIN <3, but I'll also admit he did annoy me quite a LOT in the first half of WLK... Nice teamwork, Jimmy........NOT! :rolleyes: He sure rebounded nicely near the end, though! I'll give him that! ^_^

#59 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

:Jimmy:
I really like Jimmy as a character, but like with Cindy, I do have some issues with him.

I should probably start by saying that I LOVE how smart he is! :rock: God, I wish I could be that smart...

I also love Jimmy's self-confidence. It's great to have a hero who knows he's awesome! However, his self-confdence sometimes turns into arrogance, which is the source of my main problems with Jimmy.

First of all, his massively high IQ seems to have made him forget that he is still a kid. He acts like an adult, and seems to think he should be treated as one, even though he's not. (To be fair though, I think he has enough child-like moments to balance it out.)

It also annoys me how he thinks being smart is everything, and that any problem in life can be solved by some sort of mathematical equation.

Also, while he clearly loves his friends, he seems to take them for granted sometimes (this can be seen mostly when he uses them as his guinea pigs for his inventions).

That said, however, I think Jimmy overcomes these problems to an extent, over the course of the series.

At first, Jimmy's thinking is almost solely based on logic, and he doesn't use his emotions all that much. He sees Cindy as nothing but an intellectual rival (or at least, he thinks he does ;)), and while he likes Sheen and Carl as friends, he often takes them for granted and uses them to test his inventions. The only people Jimmy is really open about his emotions with are his parents.
He is also very independent, and tries to solve everything himself.

In Season 2, however, Jimmy starts to be more open, and realize that there is more to life than science and logic. We mostly see this in A Beautiful Mine, Holly Jolly Jimmy and The Retroville 9.
I think the Love Potion made Jimmy start to realize that he might just possibly have feelings for Cindy. While Sheen recognized his feelings for Libby right away, however, Jimmy still hasn't quite grasped the idea of him and Cindy.
We see in The Great Egg Heist that Jimmy has started to recognize his friends' talents. He is still very independent though.

Win, Lose & Kaboom is the episode where Jimmy finally learns to trust his friends, and serves as his final realization that science can't solve everything.
(This was one of the few episodes where I was actually on Cindy's side, and it was Jimmy I wanted to smack! :rolleyes:)
I think this is also where Jimmy fully realizes that he has feelings for Cindy. He immediately denied that April was his girlfriend, or that they were kissing, when Cindy accused them. He was even ready to kiss Cindy at the end!

In Season 3, Jimmy is much more relaxed about science, and has learned to fully appreciate his friends, as he is seen having fun with them much more often (like in Fundemonium), and doesn't really use them as guinea pigs anymore (his attempt to send them into another dimension in League of Villains notwithstanding <_<).
We can also see that his relationship with Libby has greatly improved. At first, I think he just saw her as Cindy's best friend, but now he clearly sees her as a friend of his, and even refers to her as such in Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen.
While he now acknowledges his feelings for Cindy, and she seems ready to enter a relationship with him, Jimmy still doesn't quite seem comfortable with the idea (as seen in King of Mars). He gets over this in the end, however, proven when he was the one to make the first move in Lady Sings the News ^_^.
But I think the ultimate sign that he has grown is in League of Villains, when he trusted Zix and Travltron - his enemies - to save him!

Wow... that was a long post. :blush:
:Jimmy:

#60 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

And, of course, what fangirl CAN'T keep her eyes, not to mention her HANDS (future self only), off him?!?! <3 :naughty:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users