#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

Hey everyone!
Anything related to JN's premiere couple should be posted here. Do you have an opinion about this pairing? Is it your fave? Too mainstream? Don't keep it to yourself, shout it out loud!

~*Mara*~

#2 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

I'd have to say it's too mainstream, as Mara put it, J/C is literally pushed down our throats in the show, as the episodes hardly ever lighten up on the hints, & if you even so much as TRY to say you like anything else besides it, (that has either kid involved that is) then heh, good luck. ;)

But don't get me wrong, it's actually a pretty nice idea, it's just that when I see SO much of it, well, I'd rather go & support one that actually NEEDS support. Like Jimmy/Betty.

J/C has also been used in just about every fanfic idea there is, from the lovey-dovey stuff you all want them to be doing in the series, to the hard-core bits that people do when their teens/adults.

(the latter typically HAS J/C as teens/adults, so no problems there, but it still kinda gets to me after awhile. ;) )

But Jimmy/Betty, it's NEVER used in fanfics, & if it is, only as a tool to get J/C together. I find this irritating at best. :(

----------------

But that's just my point of view with the pairing, & I won't say anything els unless someone directly asks me a question on this thread, I'll just leave things be & not bother anyone.

Last thing I'd ever want is to cause any trouble. ;)

#3 clana33

clana33

Rock on, JN lovers. Rock on.

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

The third season really showed that Cindy and Jimmy were sort of sharing their feelings. Lady sings the news and King of Mars prove it. :wub: I've said this many times before, but go J/C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I agree that there should be a fanfic or two about Jimmy and Betty. They may not be everyone's favorite couple, but some people really like them together. B)

#4 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

Also, I agree that there should be a fanfic or two about Jimmy and Betty. They may not be everyone's favorite couple, but some people really like them together. B)

I agree...people need to write some more fanfiction on "non-mainstream" pairings, just to shake things up. Some good old fashioned adventure stories would be nice too.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#5 clana33

clana33

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Exactly. The next Fic I write will probably have an adventure or something new to get away from the usual stories.

#6 ~Ally

~Ally

ohemgee:they tango.

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

Whooaaa, J/C all the way... They're unique. I mean, they fight, they love... Sheen and Libbs are cool too.. I'm gonna have to say down with B/J..

#7 Kala

Kala

Jellybag

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Um, first of all, I'm not much of a shipper. But I do think J/C is cute. I can certainly understand why a lot of people would be sick of it, though, with the show promoting it so much and all. Episodes like Lady Sings the News, with the two acting all lovey dovey to each other, aren't really my favorite, and in those episodes I sometimes find myself wishing they'd just start fighting each other again. It just always seemed a little out of character for Cindy to start getting all flustered and girly around Jimmy toward the end of season three. But whatev... Just my opinion.

So I think J/C is cute. I dig the love/hate thing. I guess I just like the love to be balanced out by their little quarrels. I personally think their fights are cuter than their romantic moments. Otherwise it's like... mushy overload, or something... X)

And I neither read nor write fanfiction.... so I can't really say much on that matter...

#8 clana33

clana33

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

I did think that a couple of the episodes were a little mushy, and I do prefer them fighting every once in a while. :P

#9 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

I did think that a couple of the episodes were a little mushy, and I do prefer them fighting every once in a while. :P

I agree about the "Mushiness" level in some of the episodes. I actually prefer Jimmy and Cindy's relationship when they're "rivals" who reluctantly like each other. It's more interesting than Cindy acting all giddy and Jimmy freezing up. Now don't get me wrong, J/C moments are what makes the series so awesome, and I LOVE the pairing. I just think the writers have read too many J/C romance fanfics LOL. They need to emphasize the confusing, tormented part of their relationship. Wow, I sound like a sadist LOL :rolleyes:

#10 Kala

Kala

Jellybag

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:51 AM

I actually prefer Jimmy and Cindy's relationship when they're "rivals" who reluctantly like each other. It's more interesting than Cindy acting all giddy and Jimmy freezing up.

YES. :)

That's why I like to see J and C quibbling with each other. Reluctant is the perfect word for it. Because it seems to me that they both sort of know that they like each other, but they also have it in their heads (and know that everyone else believes) that they're rivals, so neither of them even wants to admit to themselves that they like the other. So they keep telling themselves that they hate each other, and they actually believe it. But there are always these little moments where something happens, and Cindy starts barking at any girl who gets too close to Jimmy, and Jimmy starts realizing that he’s actually having fun with Cindy, or something like that. And then when they realize that they’re enjoying each other’s company, they remember, “Wait a minute, we’re supposed to be rivals! What am I doing??” and start yelling at each other again. And I just find that cute. But I’m sure someone has a counterargument for this. X3
I really think both of them enjoy picking on each other, too, though.

I think what I like are dynamic relationships, where the two characters attitudes toward each other are slowly changing and progressing, and moving toward that point where they both acknowledge that they have feelings for each and are comfortable with it. But once you reach that oh-so-special point, the relationship just seems to become... stable (or stagnant, to put a negative connotation with it), for the most part, and less chaotic and uncertain. And that's why movies and television series and novels always end with the guy and girl (or guy and guy, or girl and girl) getting together or marrying or what have you, and never really go beyond that. It's that changing of the relationship, not the final culmination of all those ups and downs, that's so interesting.... at least to me. :3

Sheesh.... I have way too much time on my hands.

#11 clana33

clana33

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:27 AM

That's a long, but very good way to explain it!

#12 Lola Laflaunda

Lola Laflaunda

ROMIONE!!!! YEAH PEEPS!

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

Whooaaa, J/C all the way... They're unique. I mean, they fight, they love... Sheen and Libbs are cool too.. I'm gonna have to say down with B/J..

Me Too. Jimmy and Cindy are meant for each other. I mean they only fight because they want to mask their true feelings for each other!

#13 clana33

clana33

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hi Lola Laflaunda! It's the same with me. Cool avatar! B)

#14 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

JimmyxCindy I've always thought was pretty cute.

They're both so stubborn, that you're just dying for something sweet to happen between them. And then, BAM, there it is. And you're all like, "YES!!!" when it finally does happen.

#15 Guest_kprrs3000_*

Guest_kprrs3000_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

:wub: J/C all the way :wub: !!!!!!!!!!!!!I personally think Betty should DIE :angry: Jimmy and Cindy are meant to be together people! and yes,I do mean together with each other! I don't mind a little Betty,but a little only!

#16 Lola Laflaunda

Lola Laflaunda

ROMIONE!!!! YEAH PEEPS!

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:53 AM

Really? I think Betty is a whore. She is there to make Cindy...JEALOUS! No offense to Betty lurvers.

#17 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

I don't really like how they're all goo goo eyed for each other, it makes me feel awkward. Thank you.

#18 clana33

clana33

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

You should have seen my face while watching Lady Sings the News! When Cindy was talking about playing footsies and all that other stuf, I was like,"Okayyyyy."

#19 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

I wondered about that, too. I liked the Jimmy/Cindy stuff in LSTN, but it seemed like a lot happened between the end of King of Mars and the beginning of LSTN that I was not privy to. Their relationship took about three steps forward without any real explanation.

#20 Lola Laflaunda

Lola Laflaunda

ROMIONE!!!! YEAH PEEPS!

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:56 AM

No offense to the B/J supporter person but B/J stuff sucks. Yeah, she's a pretty face but have you seen the episode where Betty says to Cindy, "Look, it's obvious you too like eachother so he's all yours." Or something. But she said it really snotty. I really hate Betty... and Brobot but that's a different story. lol

The mushy stuff between Jimmy and Cindy is always kind of awkward when I see it. Like, Lady Sings the News! Through the whole thing I was like  :unsure:

I would like that they would just fight with eachother AT LEAST till they get out of elementary. (Which might be never accordng to the way television series go. Muahaha!  <_< Sorry...)

I love your avatar! I love that play!and I TOTALLY agree with you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users