Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Other Side of Tomorrow - discussion topic

• Please log in to reply
4674 replies to this topic

#21 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:57 AM

>_< I brought that cliffie upon myself didn't I?

.:!Gwen!:.

#22 Mercury

Mercury

Did you see my underwear?!?! Did you want to? - Patrick

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:00 AM

lmao! Ya Gwen ya probably did. :P NEED. OTHER. CHAPPIES.

*dies*

#23 afk

afk

Just another JN fan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:18 AM

Bummer! I just did "topic of my choice" to avoid writing 4 different essays. I'm also considered the human spellcheck, so editing services weren't required. However, I totally feel your college app-induced pain. Ewww.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Well, I AM lazy all right.... In my school, I'm like the only guy who's been working on the apps until now. But I actually revised the essay myself first. It was still too bad, so I asked a professional editor for help.

Anyways, back on topic...

#24 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:12 AM

Well, I AM lazy all right.... In my school, I'm like the only guy who's been working on the apps until now. But I actually revised the essay myself first. It was still too bad, so I asked a professional editor for help.

Anyways, back on topic...

If you ever need any help with revising, I can always lend a hand!

Now, really this time...back on topic. ;)

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#25 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

Um, let's see....back on topic....

MARA'S FIC. PWNS ALL. There we go. ;D

#26 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

Hey, what do you guys think of my illustrations? I know there are only 3 in the first volume, but still...LOL, I think I spent more time drawing than I did on the actuall story :P
Do the pictures depict the characters like you imagine them? Or is something missing/different? My art skills still aren't up to par with my writing skills as far as I'm concerned, so any tips you might have would be great! *.*

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#27 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

Are you kidding me? Your art is simply AMAZING! I think that the pictures expressed the characters' personalities very well. ^_^

#28 afk

afk

Just another JN fan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:36 AM

You're good at writing, drawing, AND composing...I feel so inferior -_-

#29 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

Finally got around to reading the first part. Very good, indeed. Looking forward to the next part. There's certainly a lot of possibilities for conflict and confrontation. Oh, by the way. I'm pretty sure that klutz is spelled with a "k".

#30 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

Oh, by the way. I'm pretty sure that klutz is spelled with a "k".

OMG, you're right! I was supposed to change that and I totally forgot! Sometimes I can be a bit of an airhead... :blink:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#31 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Mara your fanfic rocks :rock: ! I love it :thumbsup:

#32 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

OMG, you're right! I was supposed to change that and I totally forgot! Sometimes I can be a bit of an airhead...  :blink:

LOL! Gal, if you're an airhead, I don't know what that makes me. :lol: I just figured I'd better point the klutz thing out. Also, there were some places where it said "author's note" and then there wasn't anything there. I kinda got the impression that the "author's note" warnings weren't supposed to be there at all. Those decriptive sections being framed by asterisks were enough to indicate what they were.

#33 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

Also, there were some places where it said "author's note" and then there wasn't anything there. I kinda got the impression that the "author's note" warnings weren't supposed to be there at all. Those decriptive sections being framed by asterisks were enough to indicate what they were.

No, No, those author's notes things are supposed to be there. Eventually you're going to be able to click on them and it'll bring up a separate page with extras...you know, song lyrics that inspired me, sketches I didn't finish, humorous commentaries on the plot, stuff I decided to CUT...all that good stuff. I just haven't written them yet, so the links are inactive. They're just kind of...sitting there, at least for the time being.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#34 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

Well, I still haven't added the author's notes, since I've been INSANELY busy with projects, tests, college apps, and upcoming midterms. However, I will be posting Volume 2 (pages 30-60) on January 15th. Hope you're all ready! *.*

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#35 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:59 AM

Yes, I'm MORE ready than ready! :dance: I can't wait for the second volume! >:D

#36 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

OK everyone, volume 2 is up! Admittedly, it's a bit heavy on the information side. Although it's not boring per se, it's my least favorite section of the story because it basically just focuses on character development and on humor, and there's not enough action in my opinion. Volumes 3 and 5 are DEFINITELY my favorites :lol: Anyway, you'll have to read it and tell me what you think! Comments, critiques, predictions, and character analyses welcome.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#37 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Mara, I LOVED volume 2! Especially the ending. Sheen in the women's showers= LOL.

I can't wait for Volume 3. ^_^ By the way, I looked at the preview for it, and the drawing of yourself had a shirt that said "Careful or you'll wind up in my novel."
...Huh?? :blink:

-Jimmylicious

#38 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,282 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

By the way, I looked at the preview for it, and the drawing of yourself had a shirt that said "Careful or you'll wind up in my novel."
...Huh??

Hmm, yes, perhaps I'd better explain the little slogan on my shirt. *.* You see, during my freshman year of high school a lot of really kooky and unfair things were going on in my life. My stepdad was doing some really awful stuff, and to compound the situation, nasty teachers, mean kids, and stupid people in general seemed to follow me like the plague. So, in order to make a joke out of the whole thing, any time something bad happened or anytime someone was being a real butthead, I would tell my friends: "That's IT! That person is GOING IN MY NOVEL!" meaning that I would remember all their strange and/or quirky characteristics and use them for inspiration for characters and plots in my future stories. :rolleyes: Considering the things I put my characters through, NOBODY would want to end up in one of my stories LOL. :lol:
In the end, it turned into this kind of inside joke between my friends, some of my family members, and me. Now whenever someone does something really bizarre, funny, or mean I say "that's going in my novel!" By a miraculous twist of fate, my mom actually found a shirt that says "careful or you'll wind up in my novel" and bought it for me. Now I can proclaim my life slogan proudly! Ha ha! ;)

#39 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

...That actually sounds kind of cool. No, more like awesome. I want to be in your novel. >:D Should I do something crazy?? LOL. :P

#40 CindyRocks123

CindyRocks123

Superposter

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

I'll do something crazy to get in Mara's novel. Hum, maybe I should go spit nickels and sing the C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G song song?

Lurve your fanfic Mara! I wonder what the ending to this is....O_o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users