Photo
- - - - -

Jimmy Neutron Reboot Sept. 2022 on Paramount +?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SheWolf

SheWolf

These hands!! I cant get them off my wrists!!

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 07:11 PM

Hey guys, just decided on a whim to see what's up with JN revival/reboot rumors and found this.

https://santiago.fan...2022_TV_series)

Do you guys think this is real? It looks kinda weird to me. Also, Debi Derryberry won;t be voicing Jimmy but a lot of the other original voice cast will be returning. It is also in 2D.

#2 ShadRose17

ShadRose17

We're all mad here.

• Senior Members
  • 7,947 posts
  • Location:Lurking, all around, I could be behind you.. maybe...

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:15 PM

Seems fake honestly since I don't see any official announcements anywhere, literally just that site.

If it is true I have some concerns lol, such as Jimmy being voiced by someone else and WHY is Nick a girl.

#3 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:29 PM

Okay, if this was official, it wouldn't be on a wiki page... Those can be edited by anyone... <_< There is no way at ALL this is legit in the slightest... If I know Debi well enough, I know she'd wanna keep her role as Jimmy; she rocks at it! So do Crystal Scales as Libby and Frank Welker as Goddard... Plus, Nick is a guy, not a girl, even though he is voiced by one, Candi Milo! Jeez! All this has to be fanmade by some semi-dedicated fans... :grr: Also, it's just not the same in 2D as in 3D... I highly doubt this is what Mark Decarlo was referring to when he made that video appearance and talked about there maybe being a chance of the show returning... :facepalm: If they are gonna reboot it, they're gonna do it the right way, not the way this wiki page is saying it will... Ugh... :onfire:

#4 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:36 PM

If I know Debi well enough, I know she'd wanna keep her role as Jimmy

Yes, this seemed really weird. I follow her on IG and she is always posting stuff about Jimmy. Like why would she not want to voice him if the show returned?

#5 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:43 PM

I know, right? Exactly!! That would just be so unlike her! She loves posting about him and the series, so I don't see why she'd suddenly stop being the voice of him... :grr: Wonder if Crystal Scales and Frank Welker feel the same way, and Candi Milo, too, since she's the voice of Nick...

#6 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 09:16 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure what Crystal Scales has been up to lately. She seems kinda under the radar, but imagine she would still want to voice Libby.

#7 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 10:48 PM

That's what I was thinking, too; I mean, why wouldn't she if this happened?? ^_^

#8 ShadRose17

ShadRose17

We're all mad here.

• Senior Members
  • 7,947 posts
  • Location:Lurking, all around, I could be behind you.. maybe...

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:57 PM

I mean the 2d thing is entirely plausible, they took Rugrats which was a 2d show and made it 3d so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility just because of that.

It's also possible the original voice actors weren't asked back for whatever reason, they unfortunately have no say over the IP of the show and if Nick/Paramount move on without them.

I'm not saying I necessarily think it's real, I don't, but none of those things would surprise me at all if it were real and those aren't the reasons I doubt it's legitimacy, it's more that that's the only article I can see talking about it. You think if it were real there would be something official somewhere, which I haven't seen yet.

#9 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is fake. Like Emily said, there would have been an official announcement, and there's NO WAY Debi wouldn't return to voice Jimmy. Honestly, I don't know that I could even see them as the same characters without the original voice actors.

The 2D thing, I don't have a problem with in theory, but... it would have to be done right. I actually don't mind those designs for the most part. Mainly just Cindy - I don't know what it is, but she looks... weird - and yeah, Nick shouldn't be a girl. Also, Goddard looks more like a cat than a dog.

Honestly, while there was a time when I would have loved to see a reboot (or preferably a continuation) of JN... I feel like that time's past. At this point, my own headcanons about what happens afterwards would probably override any official continuation for me. XD

#10 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 01:31 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure what Crystal Scales has been up to lately. She seems kinda under the radar, but imagine she would still want to voice Libby.

I just looked at her IMDB. It seems like she hasn't done anything since 2010...

#11 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 04:00 AM

If the show did come back, though, it would be nice if she returned, too. I mean, what's Libby without Crystal Scales?? ^^;

#12 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:59 PM

Can we talk about how perfectly on point that Bolbi design is though? xD

#13 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:29 PM

If the show came back and had him in it, I'd want Phil LaMarr to voice him like he originally did; it wouldn't be the same otherwise... ^^; See what I'm saying? ^_^

#14 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:39 AM

Omg these are cute! I’m not saying it’s real but the designs are actually super accurate for the most part. If someone did this just for fun like…. Mad respect!

#15 Jindy's_heartstrings

Jindy's_heartstrings

Zoey

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Nickname:Zoey

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:47 PM

That's not real. those designs are fanart from Tumblr. 

#16 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 08:35 PM

See? I knew it! Anything on Wikipedia is bound to be a fake!! So ha!! <_<

#17 GWKTM

GWKTM

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Nickname:Jimmy's pen pal

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:05 AM

And I thought I was the first who found that must-be-fake article/rumor. So many old school IPs were ruined with lackluster reboots/revivals. DuckTales, Thundercats, TMNT, PPG, Crash Bandicoot, Yogi Bear...it's ironic someone wants to ruin Jimmy Neutron the same way, while Nick's other recent reboots (except TMNTs) and revivals were very faithful to their predecessors. Even Rugrats reboot, where CGi was the only significant change.

I already believe that JN reboot is a fake, but something tells me I should relaunch my and Awesomemercerdude's cancelled fanreboot idea and at least make some preparations for it just in case.

#18 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,299 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:31 PM

If it ever does happen, I'd want it to stay true to the original... <_< (Welcome back, btw, dude! :la:)

#19 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:52 PM

I really like the Ducktales reboot. I never saw the original so I don't have nostalgia for it, but I thought the storytelling and character development was excellent in the reboot.

#20 Dr_Phantom510

Dr_Phantom510

"I'm going Ghost!"-Danny Phantom

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Nickname:'Doc'

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:32 AM

I had no idea JN was getting a reboot. I will wait until I see an official announcement before I believe it. This just doesn't seem real to me. It seems fanmade. I am okay with them being in 2D because they were in the J/T Power Hours but for some reason, this just seems fake by the concepts and the way they are drawn and also, like someone else mentioned, the fact that it's on Wikipedia doesn't mean anything. Anyone can edit that site. Until an official announcement is made, I won't believe anything about this.

-'Doc'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users