• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:28 PM

Oh, sorry, I totally misread that. I still feel like it could maybe be a separate topic? I don't know if there's anywhere else it could go? 

#42 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,150 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 01:43 AM

Ha, it's okay, girl... ;) I think I will make a separate topic for that at some point... It'll be my first new topic in several years! :lol:

#43 AquaticValley

AquaticValley

"You stole my springboard."

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Nickname:Aqua

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:38 PM

Dystopian or dark AUs. Something about them just makes me want to read it, you'd never expect Jimmy Neutron trying to overthrow some extremely OP being.

#44 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 11:22 PM

That's really cool! 

#45 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,150 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 12:18 PM

I came up with an idea for something kinda like that, just never actually wrote about it. I mentioned it in a journal or something on DA, and it's more like a writing prompt than anything else, albeit a long one... It describes the basic plot line and it has EJ returning with a vengeance... It's nothing like I've ever thought of before...! Wanna see it?? :la:

#46 AquaticValley

AquaticValley

"You stole my springboard."

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Nickname:Aqua

Posted 11 October 2022 - 08:44 PM

Sure! And that kind of reminds me of a old JN fanfic called "Project Polaris" I made, it still haunts me though. I just had to canceled it half way because of how edgy and cringe it was.

#47 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 12:13 AM

I came up with an idea for something kinda like that, just never actually wrote about it. I mentioned it in a journal or something on DA, and it's more like a writing prompt than anything else, albeit a long one... It describes the basic plot line and it has EJ returning with a vengeance... It's nothing like I've ever thought of before...! Wanna see it?? :la:

Sure! I'd love to see it! I really don't want to sound like a broken record here, but please do not share it here. This is a general topic and isn't meant to rec/ or share ideas. It's more just to put some good vibes into the world! Thank you! 

Yeah, that's another thing I love about fic! The ability to explore darker topics if you want! 

#48 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,150 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 02:45 AM

I can understand that, and totally respect it. ;) I can share it via our FB group chat, if you'd like...! ^_^ But yeah, it's fun to dabble in that genre, provided it's not too extreme, at least in my opinion... ^^; :unsure:

#49 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:46 AM

As long as fics that are dark are properly tagged and labeled, it doesn't matter to me. I can choose whether or not to engage with something. But if someone else likes that thing- good for them! Fic/ stories in general can be a really good way to deal with heavier issues. 

#50 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,150 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:28 AM

Reviving, cuz this topic so needs it!! :kawaii: ;)

#51 Sanjana R

Sanjana R

Sanjana

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 February 2024 - 05:01 AM

It's been a while since I've posted on here but some things I love in a fic include: 

• Thoughtful character analysis that makes me think about the character, episode, or show in a different way. I especially love ones that say things about the character I could never put into words myself, but that seem perfectly apt. 
  • Fics that are creative with form, use of setting, or effortlessly mimic the feel of canon
  • DELICIOUS BANTER! GIVE ME LOTS OF IT 
  • ANGST, GIVE ME LOTS OF THAT TOO
  • Fics that remind me why I love a ship in the first place by capturing something about their essence as a pairing

#52 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 February 2024 - 04:41 PM

AGREED.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users