Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

omfg

I found it

The GREATEST OTOME GAME TITLE of all time

tumblr_njmb8sfPvM1r1rn8qo1_540.png

SEVEN HOTTIES, ALL MY HUSBANDS

It's the kind of name that would be picked by comedically self-aware tumblrites

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Half of those guys look like characters from Free!.

#62 underwater

underwater

loves to lurk

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Nickname:Corinne

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

When are you going to review more of these?

Corinne

#63 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:21 AM

Nameless: The One Thing You Must Recall, by the Korean visual novel company Cheritz.

This game asks the hard-hitting questions, like "what would happen if your toys came to life and wanted to bang you?" Just kidding. Kind of. But seriously, Nameless was so engrossing, so funny, and yet so unbelievably creepy that I haven't been able to get it out of my head for weeks. I plan to deal with this emotional overload by writing a massive review.

So funny story...

Steam was having a Halloween sale and so I browsed it, figuring I could find the 'Oxenfree' game a friend had recommended to me recently. I did indeed find it and purchased it.... so Steam was all like "Hey, since you bought this item, you might like this other item that is also on sale called 'Nameless'"... and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it seemed familiar after I read the description... But I figured it meant I'd heard of the game somewhere before and it seemed interesting and it was made by the same people that made the 'Mystic Messenger' game that's super popular right now so why not buy it? So I did... and I just finished it like an hour or so ago... and I still cannot deal. The FEELS, mahn... teh FEEELSSSS... Q_Q

Ironically enough, just as the main character of this game recovered her memories, as I played the game, I kept thinking "this sounds sort of familiar...", and then it REALLY hit me when I had to enter Nameless' name a crapton of times for the true ending.... I'd read a review of the game before, and a rather detailed one at that, on a forum I used to frequent a looong time ago. I remembered thinking after I read the review that the game had sounded interesting, but due to the spoiler content, there was no point in playing it now... But with a few years to forget, it worked out. The game was so impactful, I just felt like I HAD to come back here and find and re-read that review and get a little closure in my post-Nameless life. ;_;

So to anyone who's never played it, I HIGHLY recommend it. I've never really been into otome games before 'cause I always thought they were too cheesy and not interactive enough, but Nameless was like reading a book I just couldn't put down, and the interactions, though indeed few, added a whole new level to story enjoyment.... and *spoiler alert* definitely not cheesy. The overall story was mysterious, fun, and heart-warming, but dang, it could be downright TERRIFYING. 

Check out Mara's review -after- you play the game is my advice, it's a good read - witty and spot-on.... and at least in my case helped me deal with the shell-shock of finishing the game. There's someone else out there who felt the exact same pain I did. ;_;

P.S. Mara, I agree with your review word-for-word... there's no better way to describe it.

#64 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

This pleases me to no end >.<

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#65 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3