73 replies to this topic

#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts
  • Nickname:π“Š¨ 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

As you all know, IDOJ has a long and proud tradition of completely flaking out on RP topics. :thumbsup: I can't even count the number of times we've started creative RPs and then dropped 'em like they were hot a week later....'cause well, I guess we just couldn't be bothered to type or something :rolleyes:

The only topic in the RP forum that's risen above this tendency is the "Ask Someone from TOSOT a Question" topic, and that is (I believe anyway) largely due to its format. Anyone could pop in and pose a Q, and the fact that there was no established plotline or group of RPers meant that it could be left alone for months and then resurrected without any detriment to the RP whatsoever.

SO. I want to make another "Ask a Question" type topic, but this time expand it to include anyone and everyone's original characters (or OCs for short). Why? Because it's fun, and because there are few things more helpful when you're developing and refining a character than having your OC field questions from people on the internet :P

RULES:
-This RP is for original characters from original stories only. That means no fanfic characters and no characters owned by other people...sorry!
-It's NOT required for you to have already written the OC's story...your character could still be in the floating-around-your-head stage

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
-If you plan to answer questions as your OC(s), your VERY FIRST POST in this topic needs to introduce those original characters.
-You may roleplay with up to 5 OCs, no more.
-Include in your introduction their names, ages, and either a sentence about each character or a picture of him/her.
-Please QUOTE the question you're answering so we can keep track of what everyone's talking about

HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS:
-You don't need an OC to join the RP, of course: you can also field questions!
-Your question can be as general or as weird as you want, but DO NOT AIM IT AT ONLY ONE OC. That way, whoever has time/inclination to answer can do so. That should keep the RP alive longer. For example:
Pretend Emily asks "what's your favorite spot to relax?" Both Mary and I can answer, Mary as...say, Felix, and me as Lack. Later, Mary could ask "what's the dumbest thing you've ever done?" and Katie could answer as Shem, and I could totally ignore the Q. And so on and so forth. >.<
-You cannot have your OCs answer questions that you posed
-It's OK to make the characters respond to/reference each other. For example, Mary might answer a question as Candela. I might answer the same question as Captain, making a snarky remark about Candela's answer along the way. :naughty:
-Please make your question another color besides white (preferably something that stands out against the dark background). Do not change the color of your answers, however...leave them white.

LIST OF CHARACTERS INVOLVED IN THIS RP (remember that you can't ask questions of individual characters like you can in the TOSOT version of this topic):
-Mara: Lack, Captain, Rum, and Carmen
-Mary: Felix, Iliam, Jericho, Rio, and Tapir
-Emily: For now, just Andromeda
-Seth: Zackery, Kristina, and Kris.
-Katie: Miranda and Hannah
-Pedro: Jenny and Sarah

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#2 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

If this is for OC's of our original creation and NOT fanfic OC's, then why is this in the JN RP forum?? I thought this topic was for JN OC's we've created, but you sure proved me wrong on that… *sigh* -_-

#3 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

If this is for OC's of our original creation and NOT fanfic OC's, then why is this in the JN RP forum??

Because we don't have a separate section for non-JN related RPs. It's not like I'm breaking precedent here...there are already plenty of RPs dedicated to original plot lines here. The forum description even reads, "Introducing the one thing you all wanted but forgot to ask for... The RP Forum! Come here to (pretend) to be your fave JN characters, or make up something entirely original!"

I thought this topic was for JN OC's we've created, but you sure proved me wrong on that… *sigh*

I created this topic to help IDOJ's many aspiring authors refine their characters and goof around with them a little. If I were you, and I REALLY wanted to participate, I'd sit down for awhile and come up with a new original character. It's really not that hard. Or you can just ask questions...I'm sure you could come up with something creative.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#4 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

While I'm here...OCs I'll be RPing with:

Captain (16), Rum(17), and Lack(17):
Posted Image

And Carmen (14):
Posted Image

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#5 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

OH! OH! I WANNA PLAY!

Here are my characters. (they're all from the same world, but some are more minor or don't enter the picture until later in the series. I'm going with the ages all of them are when they first appear):

FELIX: Age 19. He's very lighthearted and loves to joke around. But if something's genuinely bothering him, he tends to completely ignore it and go out of his way to keep the laughs coming, even if it's clear to everyone his heart isn't in it. Felix desperately tries to keep his past behind him, because he knows if he dwells on it, it will consume his life and drive him under again.

ILIAM: Age 23. Has major anger issues and is way too sensitive for his own good. He's got a heart condition which made it impossible to be accepted into the City Army. He's really self-conscious about it and always overreacts to people offering to help, assuming they think he's weak or he can't handle himself. Pretty much everybody is at least a little bit afraid of him. Very short-tempered, violent, and completely lacks the ability to empathize with other people. Iliam is actually very intelligent, but he often lets his emotions rule his life and as such, he has not been very successful in life, career-wise.

RIO: Age 16. Very dissatisfied with her lot in life: she belongs to the lower caste of people in her country's province, and she's always felt held back by it. Ever since her twin brother drowned six years ago, she's been determined to help her caste achieve equality so that her little sisters will have the chances she didn't. This led to her joining the underground resistance movement. (she's from a different country than the others)

TAPIR: Age 21. A bit on the serious side, Tapir is very driven and determined to accomplish the mission he was raised for. In his teen years, he realized he was a natural-born leader, and he began to seek power. This put him in direct conflict with Iliam, who was raised for the same mission, is on the same secret mission team, and who is supposed to be the leader (due to being the oldest team member). They constantly struggle for control of the team. Tapir's only distraction is his girlfriend, to whom he is completely devoted. He will do anything for her. Tapir also has a bit of an arrogant side, and hates when people know when he messes up. He tends to be hard on others when they make mistakes, in hopes that it will get the heat off of him.

JERICHO: Age 16. Jericho is easy-going and a little shy in large groups. He's nervous around new people and tends to keep to himself. But once you get to know him, he opens up pretty fast and it's clear he's just a goofball in disguise. Jericho has a fierce loyalty to his family. He had a dream of going to Upper School and using his education to get the best job he could find so he could live the high life. But his mother died, he gave it all up to join the City Army so he could care for his two little brothers. He also has a bad habit of snooping, which eventually gets him into serious trouble.

#6 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

OK, let's get things started with a question:

If you found yourself suddenly loaded with cash tomorrow, what would you do with it? Would you save it? Spend it? Take a bath in it? Please describe.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#7 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

Very cool, Mary!

As for me, I don't have any true OC's, but I have a bunch of random e-dolls that each have the potential to become one, if any of you are willing to help me flesh some of them out! Here are some of their names and a brief description of each:

Amethyst- You know the movie Aquamarine?? Same principle, except her hair and fins(only appear when exposed to moonlight or water) are a royal purple. She tries to keep this a secret from the school she attends on land.
Andromeda- is from the year 2145. When she arrived in her time machine in our year 2012, a shorted out circuit caused her to crash land in a remote forest, wrecking it only a few miles away from a bustling metropolis. Until it's fixed, she's forced to adapt to the ways of the inhabitants of 2012.
Peter- his state's smartest teenager with an IQ of 189; is very often perfoming experiments and inventing things in attempts to better his hometown(sound familiar?)
Shu Jen- local Japanese exchange student; loves learning about America
Tamara- is all about boys. Wears very revealing attire in an attempt to get any hot guy's attention. In other words, a total slut

Edit: Is that better, Mara??

#8 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Em, you can't just post a list of a million characters. :facepalm: Choose a maximum of five and describe them in more detail.

#9 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

Check again. I edited it. ;)

#10 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Very cool, Mary!

As for me, I don't have any true OC's, but I have a bunch of random e-dolls that each have the potential to become one, if any of you are willing to help me flesh some of them out! Here are some of their names and a brief description of each:

Amethyst- You know the movie Aquamarine?? Same principle, except her hair and fins(only appear when exposed to moonlight or water) are a royal purple. She tries to keep this a secret from the school she attends on land.
Andromeda- is from the year 2145. When she arrived in her time machine in our year 2012, a shorted out circuit caused her to crash land in a remote forest, wrecking it only a few miles away from a bustling metropolis. Until it's fixed, she's forced to adapt to the ways of the inhabitants of 2012.
Peter- his state's smartest teenager with an IQ of 189; is very often perfoming experiments and inventing things in attempts to better his hometown(sound familiar?)
Shu Jen- local Japanese exchange student; loves learning about America
Tamara- is all about boys. Wears very revealing attire in an attempt to get any hot guy's attention. In other words, a total slut

Edit: Is that better, Mara??

Em, I would prefer if you didn't label a character who dresses revealingly as a "slut". It's kind of rude in general, and it just reinforces the ridiculous double-standard that girls who dress a certain way or who are sexually assertive are dirty or inferior, while men who are similarly promiscuous face no such social stigma.

I also suggest you remove Peter from the list because, as you not-so-subtly hinted, he's basically a carbon copy of Jimmy. As someone who's rather new to OCs, why don't you start out with Amethyst and Andromeda, and work up to Shu Jen once you get comfortable with those two?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#11 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I want to play!

I just need to think of what characters I want to use.

#12 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

C3P3DR0

• Senior Members
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Awesome, Mara!! :thumbsup:

I can totally bring up both Jenny and Sarah (from my Creative Writing Class) the next time I'm able.

#13 Scythe

Scythe

Proverbs 3:27

• Senior Members
  • 1,840 posts
  • Location:At home on my Computer. Where do you think I am? Your Closet? Athena has already taken up that post.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm not sure of all things...but I would like to see If I could do this!

I'm going do charecters from my Novel (that I STILL haven't got to writing Ch. 2 even though I had the idea since Second-Grade! :mad: ) And maybe some that I just drew and thouht about for a while in the past...

Zackery Josiphein: Just your average nine-year old...or is he? Actually, even before his Werewolf encounter he was brave for his age and also um...quite the smart allic. After getting having an encounter with none other than a real werewolf in the woods, he turned into one himself. At night, for 12 hours (6-6, yeah, none of that "Full Moon" stuff) he gians speed and fighting abilities that make him more powerful in day-time too. Practicing for hours he is now no different exept MUCH more smart and...and plain EPIC!

Kristina Rells: Not from my novel, she is a charecter I came up with about a year ago who was stowed away in the cabinets of my mind. Kristina, an eleven year old, came from a world where babies would randomly get powers. The question is how to use them. She was the only one on her block that had any powers, but she didn't really discover it completely for a while. She can asorb one power for a while and then retaliate five times more powerful (kinda like Eustace Stritch's Robot Adaptoid, execpt she is human)

Kris Keeslend: A friend of Zack's who is on the smart side, whereas Zack is not. He has to balence time out badly. Help Zack kick the crap out of some monsters...and then spend time with his loving family. He is confused on what he should do and thinks that his family has the idea of him trying to forget them. Other than that, when this kid has a problem there is one thing he likes to do the most: Look it up on the internet. Being the Nerd by day and around 6 o-clockish a B.A. monster fighter, he doesn't know what to think of himself.

Yeah, I'll just start out with these three.

#14 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Em, I would prefer if you didn't label a character who dresses revealingly as a "slut". It's kind of rude in general, and it just reinforces the ridiculous double-standard that girls who dress a certain way or who are sexually assertive are dirty or inferior, while men who are similarly promiscuous face no such social stigma.

I also suggest you remove Peter from the list because, as you not-so-subtly hinted, he's basically a carbon copy of Jimmy. As someone who's rather new to OCs, why don't you start out with Amethyst and Andromeda, and work up to Shu Jen once you get comfortable with those two?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Sorry about the deal with Tamara... She just totally looks like one with the e-doll I made of her… Perhaps I'll stick with Stella instead, the gothic reject who truly believes that NOTHING goes right for her, and is basically on the verge of suicide. She always complains and moans about her life, which gets on everyone's nerves, so she has no friends as a result.

That wasn't everything about Peter; he's also the coolest kid in school, a very talented musician and writes his own music, has a gorgeous and intelligent girlfriend, and has very successful parents who are on the verge of becoming upper class citizens, with one being a top theoretical physicist(mother) and the other an expert literature college professor(father).

I will make it easier for myself, though, like you suggested, and start with Andromeda. Anyone with questions about her, feel free to ask away!

#15 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

**all characters are temporarily stumped by Mara's question. Will hopefully get an answer soon.**

In the mean time...

You wake in the middle of the night to the sounds of someone stumbling around in your kitchen. You try to call the police but the intruder has cut your phone lines. How do you defend yourself and hour home from this potentially fatal invader?

#16 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

MaraEDIT:

You wake in the middle of the night to the sounds of someone stumbling around in your kitchen. You try to call the police but the intruder has cut your phone lines. How do you defend yourself and hour home from this potentially fatal invader?

Andromeda: Has your mind gone supernova?! I couldn't tell the local authorities about this, because my true identity NEEDS to be kept secret!! Doing such an outlandish MAJOR stunt to call the authorities would put my life in danger and countless inky experiments would be done on me! Anyway…

Well, simply put, seeing as I'm from the future, I'd simply activate my rocket-powered escape pod-cycle and escape through a secret entrance I'd created, then I'd confront the intruder via hologram and warn him/her that they were trespassing on private property and if they didn't leave that instant, I'd be forced to take drastic measures. Should the individual not comply, I'd use my multi-function necklace to snap photos for memories, trap him/her in a tractor beam, and tow them to the most dangerous location on the planet, such as right above an active volcano. I'd then simply hover over it and hold them above it until they were willing to admit what they did was wrong, albeit while extremely freaked out! Then I'd make them swear to keep my identity a secret and never trespass again, cuz I'd do the same thing again to them if needed!

#17 Scythe

Scythe

• Senior Members
  • 1,840 posts
  • Location:At home on my Computer. Where do you think I am? Your Closet? Athena has already taken up that post.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

MaraEDIT:

Zack: Well, seeing as though I would most likely be a werewolf by then (unless you say "middle of the night" as ten O-clock in the morning... <_< ) I would go out there and look the burgular in the eye. Seeing how THERE IS A FREAKING WOLF IN THE ROOM! He would most likely run away. But he might put up a fight, most burgulars have guns. He would shoot me and i would bat the harm-less bullet to my rough skin away. If he hasen't gone running away THEN I would jump on top of him and give him a permanate scar and yell "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

#18 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

I already know three of my recent OCs ridiculously well because I've spent years writing about them, so I figure I should instead answer from the POV of two different OCs that I haven't spent as much time with. I won't go into huge amounts of detail with them so I don't give away my book plots. ;)

From my NaNoWriMo novel last fall, introducing...HANNAH!

Hannah is a quiet girl who likes making beaded jewelry and hanging up drawings her little brother gives her. She's twelve, and has recently had a painful falling out with all of her closest friends (through no direct fault of her's). She lives with her mom and her grandfather. She doesn't have the highest self esteem, but will push herself to succeed in cases where someone else will be hurt if she doesn't. Hannah doesn't feel like she has much of a character, but in reality it's just that her character is slowly coming into bloom as she matures.

From my current Work-In-Progress...MIRANDA!

Miranda is a brainiac athlete* who trains herself hard so she can become an astronaut when she grows up. She's just turned thirteen. Her favorite subjects are mechanical engineering and robotics. Her favorite food is cheese. Cheese should be on everything. While smart, Miranda is naive when it comes to world issues, though she thinks she understands politics perfectly. She's still innocent, despite how she might talk. She also strives to be ultra-rational, but one of her most important emotional relationships isn't rational at all. She refuses to admit that. (And no, it's not a romantic relationship. :P)

Perhaps I'll add more characters later, but I think these two will be good to start with. Yay for role-playing!

*EDIT: Miranda isn't just amazing because I liked that idea. She's amazing because that's essential to the plot. She wouldn't be in the story at all if she wasn't a child prodigy/genius/athletic wonder. Just to clear that up, in case anyone was raising any Mary Sue eyebrows.

#19 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

OK, let's get things started with a question:

If you found yourself suddenly loaded with cash tomorrow, what would you do with it? Would you save it? Spend it? Take a bath in it? Please describe.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Hannah: I would probably donate it to leukemia research.

Miranda: I'd buy myself new robotics components. Real state of the art stuff. Then I'd give the rest to one of the space companies to fund asteroid deflection.

Hannah: I go to my grandpa's room and hide him and myself away before he does something dumb like attack the intruder. Then I just hope a lot that the intruder goes away. If he doesn't...well...then I guess I just push and kick a lot or something if I'm attacked. And I'd scream. Maybe that will get the neighbors' attention.

Miranda: Cut my phone lines? What century is this? I have at least two dozen different ways of communicating beyond my home. I'd just use any of the remaining twenty-three to alert the cops. In the meantime, I'd probably jury-rig a tazer from my spare electronics parts. I'm not going to go out and confront the guy, but if he comes to my room I'm not just going to let him waltz out with my robotics.

#20 Scythe

Scythe

• Senior Members
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Oh sorry, I still need to put the first one, and the two others on the second that I answered as Zack.

MaraEDIT:

Zack: I think I would try to put most of it into Technology, as one certian powerful Grapple-Hook helped me many times in the past. I would buy some movies due to being the big movie fan I am...and get some snacks. I might even give soem to a hospital...or something along those lines.

Kristina: You know I never thought about this. I would get some clothes obviously, my team and I have been thinking on working on super-suits. I would also get some equiptment for Jack, the genius in my group so that he could help make objects for us to defeat some supers that went bad. Yeah...I could also blow some of it.

]Kris: Two words: Blow It.

MaraEDIT:

Kristina: Cut the phone lines...that makes me laugh. Jack gave us pacers in case we get into trouble. I would alert Steve to come help. I mean, unless this man was a super I would be more-less useless against him. He would come and adapt to the bullets that would be fired at him and turn into steel or something. His metal body could then knock the intruder out for a while. I could then see If I could contact the police and turn this guy in...

Kris: Wait...hey! What are you suspecting me to do? I have no special abilities...except for "The Item" a very powerful Grappling Hook. I guess if he tried to get into my room...I could shoot it at his gun, retrive the gun, and then throw the gun out of the window. I think after that, I would RUN FOR MY LIFE!!!!! My dad is pretty strong. I guess I could wake up my family and we could all gain up on him. It would be a good fight you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users