• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Neon2500

Neon2500

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 10:09 PM

Eustace Strych was terrible in Billion Dollar Boy but I found him alright in King of Mars and League of Villains. I actually don't remember the JTPH3 appearance much as it was very brief. 

One of my least favorite characters is Judy, Jimmy's mom - not herself, but rather the way the writers used her. She had a lot of potential as in the movie and some early episodes like See Jimmy Run they made it clear that she was where Jimmy got his genius IQ from, but in general throughout the series she just functioned as a stereotypical sitcom mother/housewife. Because she's clearly very talented, I think she should've gotten more badass moments like Cindy did later on. This would've made her a better character IMO.

I also hate Nick (partially because Cindy's crush on him feels unnatural) and April and Betty Quilan, again because I don't like their ships (Um? Hello? Jimmy? There's a little someone I'd like you to meet called CINDY! YOUR ONLY REAL CRUSH!) 

#182 CJ6

CJ6

Jellybag

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Nickname:CJ6

Posted 23 July 2023 - 08:06 PM

I also hate Nick (partially because Cindy's crush on him feels unnatural) and April and Betty Quilan, again because I don't like their ships (Um? Hello? Jimmy? There's a little someone I'd like you to meet called CINDY! YOUR ONLY REAL CRUSH!) 

It is very easy if you only believe in J/C to find a reason to dislike any potential rivals to it.

#183 Neon2500

Neon2500

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 04:07 AM

I especially dislike "Cindy and Nick" because Cindy seems to like intelligent boys and not popular jocks like Nick. Cindy and Carl would make the most sense for a non-J/C Cindy pairing, and Jimmy and Libby would work the best for a non-J/C Jimmy pairing IMO. 

#184 CJ6

CJ6

Jellybag

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 12:17 PM

Yeah her supposed crush on Nick might come from societal pressure and a desire to also be seen as popular back in season 1 than any substantial connection as people. They did seem to largely turn Nick into a background character who breaks his leg tho after Trading Faces.

#185 Neon2500

Neon2500

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 03:10 PM

No the breaking leg thing didn't start until Out, Darn Spotlight in late season 2. He had simply stopped appearing for several episodes before that, so they decided to give him a new role

#186 CJ6

CJ6

Jellybag

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:15 PM

No the breaking leg thing didn't start until Out, Darn Spotlight in late season 2. He had simply stopped appearing for several episodes before that, so they decided to give him a new role

Yeah my bad

#187 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 03:33 AM

I think my least fave minor character is probably Britney, since she isn't shown much and they made her seem pretty shallow and superficial... <_< Nick, though, is one of my fave minor ones, simply cuz he's so funny when he tries so hard to be cool... :lol: I do kinda wish they'd given some more depth to some minor characters, so you'd know why Nick or Britney are the way they are.  I kinda dislike Betty, too, since Jimmy so easily swoons over her and not much was shown about her...  She did seem to have a bit of spunk in the ep Vanishing Act, when she separated Jimmy and Cindy when they were squabbling, then pulled her aside. *shrug* She would've been developed more had there been a Season 4, and same with Nick...  I do hope they revive the show someday...  If they do, that might give me a reason to not dislike Betty so much, and I'd hope they'd flesh out her character more.  She's just incredibly underrated and I don't see a reason to like her much...  Sure, she's the pretty, popular, nice girl, but we don't get much more than that... :unsure: >.<

#188 Neon2500

Neon2500

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 09:29 PM

I think my least fave minor character is probably Britney, since she isn't shown much and they made her seem pretty shallow and superficial... <_< Nick, though, is one of my fave minor ones, simply cuz he's so funny when he tries so hard to be cool... :lol: I do kinda wish they'd given some more depth to some minor characters, so you'd know why Nick or Britney are the way they are.  I kinda dislike Betty, too, since Jimmy so easily swoons over her and not much was shown about her...  She did seem to have a bit of spunk in the ep Vanishing Act, when she separated Jimmy and Cindy when they were squabbling, then pulled her aside. *shrug* She would've been developed more had there been a Season 4, and same with Nick...  I do hope they revive the show someday...  If they do, that might give me a reason to not dislike Betty so much, and I'd hope they'd flesh out her character more.  She's just incredibly underrated and I don't see a reason to like her much...  Sure, she's the pretty, popular, nice girl, but we don't get much more than that... :unsure: >.<

I don't really think the JN minor characters need backstory, I mean this isn't Hey Arnold we're talking about here, though I can understand feeling that way. 

Also yeah Nick was pretty funny especially when he went full comic relief in season 3 but I think including more of him and Betty is just a theory, cause there weren't actually any season 4 episodes made, they were just scripts that fans wrote that the actual writers helped out with, but I digress, yeah I agree with you about Betty. I don't really think they were going to flesh her out more, I think she was just a stock "ms. perfect" character to contrast with Cindy 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users