• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

For Golden Compass fans, this is a Daemon test I randomly stumbled upon. =)

It's kind of long, and at the end it asks for personal info - but that section is completely optional, so just skip it and ask for your results.

Take the test here!

This is what I got:

Panda

Posted Image

The Open Solitary Soul

You are a caring and introverted personality. You need a lot of personal space, and you find dealing with strange people and new situations to be stressful and tiring. You need to relax with time to yourself in order to recharge after a highly social day. Despite your dislike of loud noises and big crowds, however, you are not shy. You have a good sense of your own self worth, and you are not afraid to be yourself.

You tend to wear your heart on your sleeve, and you are open and honest. Deception does not come easily to you. You have nothing to hide, and you are not afraid to tell people your opinions or express your feelings. This does not mean, however, that you tend to fly off the handle. Your own belief in yourself helps numb some of the wounds that are inflicted by cruel or thoughtless people. When they do hurt you, though, you can't help but show it.

Your daemon's form would represent your introverted nature, your expressiveness, and your strong sense of self. He or she would probably take an active interest in the world around you, and would have a lot to say.

Suggested forms: Panda, Arctic Fox, Domestic Cat, Wood Thrush, Spitz dog.

#2 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,265 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Here's mine!

The Honest Soul.

You are a talkative, open kind of person. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and you trust people not to break it. In a way, you are as honest and trusting as a child. You are comfortable with who you are and have a strong sense of self, but you are also a little sensitive. Hurtful remarks, especially from people whose opinion you value, have the power to wound you terribly.

You like to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions with people, and to hear theirs in return. When someone disagrees with you or offends you, you will take them up on it, whether they are friends or strangers. You don't mind a friendly debate, but become upset when things get hostile. You wish that people wouldn't take everything so personally, but simply think calmly about things.

You have a close knit group of friends and family for whom you would sacrifice almost anything. You don't like big parties full of strangers - you would rather spend your time with the people whom you really care about. You need a private spot where you can retreat when the world gets to be too much, but you want to be able to emerge from your "den" and find your loved ones there to heap love and affection upon you.

Your daemon would represent your loving, open nature, and he or she would probably spend a lot of time encouraging you to be independent and to do the right thing.

Suggested forms: Dog, Otter, Marmoset, Saw-Whet Owl, Songbird, Chinchilla.

I CHOOSE SAW-WHET OWL OMG :kawaii:

#3 Mystic

Mystic

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Independent Soul

You are calm and logical, but not unemotional. You are an introvert, at heart, preferring to read alone than be subjected to the crush and noise of a big party or bar. You have a few friends and family, whose presence you welcome - to a point. Even they can wear on your nerves eventually, and you need to retreat back into your personal space for a while so you can recharge. Your energy comes in bursts, after which you need a long nap or a couple of evenings at home to recuperate.

You are comfortable with yourself, and reasonably confident. You want the friendship and goodwill of others, but you are not willing to sacrifice your principles in order to get it. If your close friends need something that you can provide, however, you will be the first to offer it.

You are a good and sympathetic listener, and are aware of your friend's emotional states. With your very close friends, you will open up, but rarely - you don't like to burden people with your problems. At the same time, though, you are honest and are not willing to alter the truth for the sake of convenience. Among strangers you are reserved, and may resort to making jokes to disguise your true feelings.

While you are not afraid of conflict, you do not seek it, either. When you are hurt or insulted, you feel that you have a choice to make. You can choose to take the up on it and defend yourself, or you can let it pass. Your decision may depend on how well you know the person, how personally you take the insult, or simply what mood you are in that day. Your friends may not always know how you are going to react, for that reason. Whatever you reaction, though, you will be logical, rational and unnervingly accurate: a measured strike.

Your daemon's form would represent your calm, introverted nature, your cool logic, and your impatience with crowds of people. He or she would probably whisper ironic comments in your ear, give logical advice and try to hide his or her soft side from everyone, even you.

Suggested forms: Peregrine Falcon, Snowy Owl, Snow Leopard, Siberian Tiger, Osprey.

#4 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

I have to say Katie, this is by far THE BEST online quiz I've taken in a while! :thumbsup:

Here's mine:

Shy Loving Soul

You are a sensitive and shy person. You want to be loved and liked, but you don't think people actually like you very much, and that hurts to think about. You like to be with your family and friends, who care about you. When you are with them, you can open up and talk and be yourself. Among strangers, however, you are nervous and tend to clam up. People are often surprised at how talkative you can be once they get to know you, because you appear to be so quiet and bland at first. You hide your feelings from people whom you do not know well, because you don't know if you can trust them. With your loved ones you can be more yourself.

Your feelings are easily hurt, and you tend to be easily embarassed. You are sensitive, and your loved ones may even tease you about being a little TOO sensitive at times. When your feelings are hurt, you don't always let on. You don't like confrontations, and you are not the sort of person to throw a melodramatic hissy fit. You just tend to fret over it for a few days, until eventually the misunderstanding is cleared up, or time heals the wound.

Your daemon would represent your shyness and sensitivity, and your love of family, and your tendency to hide your feelings from strangers. He or She would probably hide in your pocket or sit on your shoulder where he/she would whisper comfort into your ear.

Suggested forms: Rabbit, Dormouse, Dik-dik, Sighthound

P.S. - For the record, I'd go with rabbit! ;) :thumbsup:

#5 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

Mine was Solitary Trickster

You are shy and a little reclusive. Big crowds and new social situations make you feel uncomfortable and nervous. You prefer to stick with your close friends and family. You have a large personal space and you hate to feel crowded or overwhelmed. If you have been dragged out to a party, or have had a stressful day at work, you need to retreat to your own private place for a while afterwards to recharge.

You are very sensitive, and easily hurt. You tend to worry about what other people are thinking about you. Often, the offhand comments that people make hurt your feelings. You tend to hide your feelings from people whom you are not comfortable with, like strangers, acquaintances or coworkers. You may brush things off with a joke or hide your pain behind a toss of the head. You try not to overreact to things, and you avoid conflict, especially with strangers. However, if you are pushed too far, you can defend yourself with a vengeance.

With your loved ones you are quite different. You trust them with your feelings and with them you tend to be more open and sincere. You are loyal and clannish, and while you hide yourself from strangers and acquaintances, you come out of hiding when your close friends and family are around. Or at least, you do for a while, before you need to retreat back into your private place to re-charge.

Your daemon would represent your secretive, shy nature, your dislike of conflict, and your ready ability to defend yourself or your friends, should the need arise. He or she would probably stick close to you when you felt nervous or uncomfortable, and provide you with humorous commentaries to keep you smiling.

Suggested forms: Coyote, Fox, Raccoon. I think I'd go for Fox. :)

#6 Mystic

Mystic

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

You know I read some of these and I see me in some of them, especially J/C AVA's results.

EDIT: I just saw that I took this test back in Sept. 2009 and got the same results LOL.

#7 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Yay for people taking the quiz!

I was highly amused that one of my options was "domestic cat". And that my daemon "would probably take an active interest in the world around you, and would have a lot to say."

Galileo fits that perfectly. I have a cat that doesn't shut up. :rolleyes:

#8 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

It was a good quiz, it got me exactly right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users