Photo
- - - - -

Jimmy/Cindy

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: J/C Relationships? Yes? No? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support J/C?

1. OH YEAH. (51 votes [92.73%])

Percentage of vote: 92.73%

2. I support Cindy and Jimmy having relationships with other people, too. (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

3. Not really / No, not at all. (3 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Emily

Emily

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

I know it's WAY early for this, but I think this could be a good J/C/B triangle song for the holidays. :)

Last Christmas- WHAM!

#22 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

“I wont be labeled as average"

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Oh my gosh! I forgot how much of a hardcore JC shipper I use to be!  I'm pretty sure they were my first OTP ever. (besides Cory and Topanga lol)

#23 xErik12

xErik12

It's ok, they owed me money.

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I know it's WAY early for this, but I think this could be a good J/C/B triangle song for the holidays. smile.gif

Last Christmas- WHAM!

"B"?

Who's the third wheel?

#24 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

"B"?

Who's the third wheel?

Betty Quinlan. She appears in the episodes "Party at Neutron's", "Operation: Rescue Jet Fusion" (cameo), "Out, Darn Spotlight", "One of Us", and "Vanishing Act."

#25 xErik12

xErik12

It's ok, they owed me money.

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Oh, I forgotten 'bout her! :blush:

#26 Emily

Emily

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

This is the OTP I ship!! No slash for me, thank you. No offense to those who do ship yuri, though... :blush:

#27 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I know it's WAY early for this, but I think this could be a good J/C/B triangle song for the holidays. smile.gif

Last Christmas- WHAM!

I love that song! (though I like this version better... rocker of the late 90s / early 21st century and all...) I would totally read a C/J/B songfic on it! You should write one :D

#28 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Definitely a J/C fan. If a show doesn't have a best friends-who-are-secrety-in-love then I go for the love/hate relationship. I know that some people are not for them because Cndy is tough on him but he is no innocent. He can take her down just as much as she can. Also, they might be wise, academically, beyond their years but they are still emotionally 10/11 years old. They will grow out it.

I really do think that they could easy into a loving relationship over time.

Almost a majority of IDOJ are J/C shippers I presume.

As for the poll, I don;t support it, you know my reasons why, and I have theories about when J/C will go sour, but I prefer not to say at the moment.

Totally agree with Mystic, but I think it would take at least one 'sour'ing as Urvy put it, before they realized they would need to mature and truly wake up and face their feelings for one another.

#29 Emily

Emily

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

I love that song! (though I like this version better... rocker of the late 90s / early 21st century and all...) I would totally read a C/J/B songfic on it! You should write one :D

Maybe I will once it gets closer to that time of year by at least a few months...  I've never done a songfic before, but I've read them.  They can be either really good or super bad, in my opinion. heheh And dang it, girl!!  You got the song stuck in my head! :lol:

#30 Icelily

Icelily

I get a title?!? =D

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Nickname:Ice

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

I am a huuuuuuuuuuuge fan of J/C. They were my first OTP along with Helga/Arnold back in the day. I like how they work, since they're so different but are so similar. She's a firecracker, and while he's no pushover, he's a real sweet guy.

But am I the only one who noticed Jimmy staring at Cindy's backside in "Love Potion 976/J"?

#31 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

I am a huuuuuuuuuuuge fan of J/C. They were my first OTP along with Helga/Arnold back in the day. I like how they work, since they're so different but are so similar. She's a firecracker, and while he's no pushover, he's a real sweet guy.

But am I the only one who noticed Jimmy staring at Cindy's backside in "Love Potion 976/J"?

LOL, no I noticed that too. I got a screenshot:

Attached File  JimmyCindy.jpg   184.88KB   8 downloads

I laughed so hard the first time I saw it! :lol:

#32 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

LOL, no I noticed that too. I got a screenshot:
attachicon.gifJimmyCindy.jpg
I laughed so hard the first time I saw it! :lol:

Me too! xD nice screen capture!

On a completely random sidenote, I love your avatar! Jayne and his hat, I still can't get over it... xD

#33 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Me too! xD nice screen capture!

On a completely random sidenote, I love your avatar! Jayne and his hat, I still can't get over it... xD

Thanks! I actually only just watched Firefly for the first time... and I'm already sad about its cancellation. :(

#34 Elraine

Elraine

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks! I actually only just watched Firefly for the first time... and I'm already sad about its cancellation. :(

I know... D: Did you see the movie yet?

#35 TheKingInTheNorth

TheKingInTheNorth

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I know... D: Did you see the movie yet?

Yeah, I did. Still a couple things unresolved, but I think they wrapped up the story as well as they could given only two hours.

#36 BeaRizy

BeaRizy

Bucko

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Nickname:Bea

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

Just laughing too hard to those people who voted for 'No, not really' Just curious of what do they think about JC, well I respect their decisions and opinions!  ;)

#37 Emily

Emily

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:23 PM

Reviving!  And sorry for replying sooooo late, cuz I have no idea if you're still active or not.  It says "private" under "last active" when I hold my mouse over your username...  I really hope you are, Bea, cuz the forums are gonna get lost and deleted if no one posts every single day...  We can't let that happen! :

Anyway, in response to what you said four years ago, I know the former member called Urvy said he didn't like J/C cuz he thinks Cindy's too violent and implied that Jimmy's like a delicate flower who can't recover from something like that, and while I respect his opinions, since he still believes that and is active on DeviantArt, I just think he's overreacting about Cindy, and Jimmy is by no means "delicate", either.  He can hold his own, as stated previously, and be an equal match for her as far as wits and smarts are concerned.  I mean, sure, he became furious over her in N-Men, but that was due to his exposure to that radiation around Earth early on in the episode and he's not normally like that.  He has both a sweeter, gentler side and a side that can easily compete with her in any way he can muster, even if he has to rely on some kinda experiment or invention to help him out.  He has the wit and determination to get him through anything that's thrown his way, be it an invention gone rogue or any of his enemies who are out to get him.  He's no quitter, that's for sure!

Cindy is by no means a solely violent person, either.  If you wanna see someone who's truly violent in the series, just look at Beautiful Gorgeous, Eustace Strych(gah, I can't stand him! :grr:), Professor Calamitous, King Goobot, or any of the other villains.  But Cindy is in NO way any villain; she's helped Jimmy save the day numerous times.  Sure, she can kick butt like no one else's business, and has slapped Jimmy silly a time or two, but she is not a bully or a villain; there have been times when she's really worried about him when villains are out to hurt him in any way or when an experiment threatens their lives.  She has a much softer, gentler side to her, too, like in Stranded...  When she's away from people who put pressure on her to act a certain way, she can be the sweetest person ever... :wub: She also may act out because of pressure to be "perfect" all the time from her parents.  We don't see that very much, but we can infer that could be true from what we did see.  Sasha bragged about her in Out Darn Spotlight, saying she'd be the star of the play even though she had a minor role in it.  Her statements in Stranded also seem to indicate that she leads an incredibly pressured life at home, with her freaking out over missing appointments and over her clothes getting ruined by saltwater...  It seems like her parents still care about her, though, as evidenced by what Sasha said in N-Men, but aren't sure how to show it properly, with Cindy feeling so pressured from them all the time.  So, there's a good reason she acts the way she does around other people, but still has a sweet, gentle side underneath it all.  She is by no means a bully, that's for sure...  If you wanna see a bully in the series, just look at Butch Pakovski or Terry Finster... <_<

#38 ShadRose17

ShadRose17

We're all mad here.

• Senior Members
  • 7,865 posts
  • Location:Lurking, all around, I could be behind you.. maybe...

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:16 PM

Rofl so I found a J/C poster I literally made as a child tucked away in some stuff I had in my parents storage building. I couldn't believe it, I had taken pictures and printed them out and taped them to construction paper and honestly it's hilarious how much I shipped them.
I couldn't buy merch so I made it.

#39 Emily

Emily

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:24 PM

LOL That's hilarious, Sarah!  I never got merch, either, aside from one time going to Wendy's and getting a toy of Jimmy in his old rocket. lol After that, I never got anything JN related until recent years, when I got a JN wallet from winning a contest of some sort, then a couple years later, I got a Goddard plushie.  I sleep with it every night! XD :kawaii:

Anyway, back on topic! :P

#40 Jindy's_heartstrings

Jindy's_heartstrings

Zoey

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Nickname:Zoey

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:02 PM

J/C. J+C. Jimmy/Cindy. Jindy, as you will. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users