78 replies to this topic

#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Soooo I've decided to convert this topic into a hoard for my non-TOSOT JN drawings :evillaugh: I will no longer be posting JIMMAY fanart in the Creative Works forum.

IMAGE DUMP TIME

cindy_in_wonderland_by_acaciathorn-d2qx4

"You're just in time for tea."

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron meets Alice in Wonderland? Cindy Vortex as Alice and Jimmy as the Mad Hatter, anime-fied!

Libby_in_Wonderland_by_Acaciathorn.jpg

Because the JxC verison was so popular, I decided to re-make it with SxL!

jimmy_x_cindy__labcoat_rivals_by_acaciat

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)
Solve for i.  ;)

JN is one of those shows that I've always thought would be really cool as a manga. Maybe a sort of school days/shounen combo with plots about everyday life intermingling with crazy space adventures and SCIENCE gone wild :rock:

This is my tribute to that idea (also a little something for Valentine's Day). Enjoy! P.S. The text 中性子 ジミー translates to Chuuseishi Jimi (Jimmy Neutron), and 竜巻 シンディ comes out to Tatsumaki Shindei (Cindy Vortex).

angry_blonde_girls_by_acaciathorn-d3dt1o

Perhaps this is stating the obvious, but I have a serious thing for badass, emotionally constipated blonde girls. :rolleyes:

Here we have a few of my favorites:
~ Astrid Hofferson from How to Train Your Dragon (purple)
~ Cindy Vortex from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron (green)
~ Helga G. Pataki from Hey Arnold! (pink)
~ Terra from Teen Titans (yellow)

I was eating sweet tarts while drawing this, and I think the color scheme might have found its way into the picture

jimmy_x_cindy__b_l_e_n_d__by_acaciathorn

Art trade with Keirin-chan.

NEUTRON__JAMES_NEUTRON__by_Acaciathorn.j

THIS IS CONCLUSIVE PROOF THAT I AM MENTALLY DERANGED.

The other day I happened to catch "The World is Not Enough" on Spike TV.
And I was all like: BOND. JAMES BOND.
Which naturally became NEUTRON. JAMES NEUTRON.

So I thought to myself: Hmm...I wonder what it would be like if Jimmy were a secret agent? He's got the gadgets, the suits, the power-crazed foes...And then I thought: GREAT SCOTT....BOND GIRLS. And the next thing ya know, THIS HAPPENS.

Cindy___Libby___Caramelldansen_by_Acacia  Special_Girl_and_Humphrey_by_Acaciathorn

Oekaki scribbles :3 Caramelldansen!

shinyuu_by_acaciathorn-d30cv1m.jpg

Sugar and spice and shitty coloring

Sheen_Libby_Valentine_Comic_by_Acaciatho

hurr hurr oh Sheen

collab_jimmy_neutron_halloween_by_acacia

Collab with Keirin-chan 2011

FROM JIMMYxCINDY WEEK 2011:

jimmyxcindy_week_first_meeting_by_acacia

Then the hologram exploded in her face, and their infamous rivalry began... >.<

For the theme "First Meeting". Because why give a girl a real flower when you canspend hours in the lab crafting a glowing thermonuclear timebomb that's sure to go horribly, horribly awry?

jxc__tangled_fairy_tale_by_acaciathorn-d

Theme: Fairy Tale. My take: Rapunzel crossover!

castaway_by_acaciathorn-d46le6h.jpg

Theme: Castaway

Did their ship break down, stranding them light years from home on an alien planet? Or is this simply their idea of a fun mini-vacation?

medusa_retold_by_acaciathorn-d47fdkk.jpg

For the theme "Dress-Up", I decided to draw Jimmy and Cindy dressed up as figures from Greek mythology! thumbsup.gif
I don't know about you, but when I watched Clash of the Titans as a kid, I couldn't help feeling bad for Medusa...she's such a tragic figure; cursed, feared, alone, and constantly hunted by nasty men who want to kill her and cut off her head.

In my version of the myth, Perseus falls in love with Medusa when he glimpses her reflection off his shield. She returns his affections, but because even a passing glance would kill him, she commands him to leave rather than risk turning him to stone. Determined to be with her at any cost, he does the only thing he can think of - he cuts out his own eyes so that he can remain by her side without fear of ever looking upon her. (Or, if you want the kid-friendly version, he puts on a blindfold and never takes it off, and the blood is simply a metaphor for his sacrifice).

jimmy_neutron_and_the_n_men_by_acaciatho

SS gift for Pedro, 2011

b_f_effing_f_s_by_acaciathorn-d53whvm.pn

B F effing F's!

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#2 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

d4o6meu-c8027798-aee0-48d2-9d15-bf085fe3

I know that everyone and their mother has attempted the "JN gang in high school!" concept...but my God, if "JN: Teen Genius" aired tomorrow, I'd be all over that shit faster than a hobo on a ham sandwich.

With that in mind, I sketched up a quick set of redesigns for the imaginary show. I'm really only happy with Libby and Sheen's, but hey, I need to move on with my life now >.<

So here's how I see it.

Libby
Libby may not be the most popular girl at Retroville High, but she's universally acknowledged to be the most sociable and the best-dressed. She never goes anywhere without her smart phone and ipod, and if something's going down, she's the first to know about it. While her mediocre grades give the impression of a girl uninterested in school, she is in fact a favorite among many of her teachers thanks to her extensive involvement in extracurricular activities. She's the head editor of the student gossip magazine, "Girl did WHAT?", plays five different instruments, sings solos in the choir, is a member of the school vegetarian club, and has her own blog about historical fashion faux-pas. She's planning to go to college for a media and communications degree, and hopes to eventually produce music albums and design clothes for celebrities. (I could never understand why so many fanfic writers make Libby into a total bitch in high school... I like Libby and so decided to keep her slightly gossipy, à la Lady Sings the News, but still nice).

Sheen
Sheen is that kid who's a huge nerd his whole life and then spontaneously gets hot the day he turns 18 (after all, in the good future, he does grow up to be a top male model). Libby's girlfriends have always questioned her sanity for dating him, so you can bet they're eating their words now. Sheen has taken a liking to rebellion-for-the-lulz, and his obsessive tendencies occasionally get him into trouble. He is ABYSMAL at classwork, and yet is intelligent enough to remember detailed info about every comic book and cartoon superhero show in existence. He likes wearing tight t-shirts and flirting shamelessly with the ladies, but is ultimately loyal to Libby because she's always had his back. He's got all kinds of (hidden) piercings and even a tattoo, 'cause face it, the boy likes pain. >.< He doesn't get along well with Cindy, who is convinced that he'll drag Libby into bad decisions.

Cindy
On the surface, Cindy Vortex is the perfect straight-A student. She's goal-oriented, punctual, well-groomed, and a star athlete. She's head of the school debate team, has won multiple arts and writing competitions, and has earned every karate belt that her dojo offers. She can recite the Iliad from memory - in Greek - and she spent the summer between junior and senior year earning her pilot's license. And yet, none of her accomplishments are enough to satisfy her (I've always imagined Mrs. Vortex as a sort of caucasian Tiger Mom, and I suspect she's part of the reason for Cindy's attitude in this respect). Deep down, Cindy wants nothing more than to run away from her responsibilities and all the expectations for her future. In public, she still pretends to hate Jimmy, but in private she can barely keep her hands off him. And to make matters worse, he knows it now and loves to rub it in her face. What Cindy needs most of all is a wake-up call, because until she's honest with herself about who she is and what she wants from her life, she'll never be happy or successful. But hey, who ever figured that out in high school? ;)

Jimmy
Now that Jimmy's gotten better at creating inventions that actually work (you know, as opposed to causing mayhem and destruction), he's a lot more popular around Retroville. He's a star mathlete, world chess champion, and can build a hovercraft from the junk lying around in your garage. His inventions have already made life better for many people around the world, and the day he turns 21, he's gonna be stinkin' rich from all the cash waiting in his invention-sales trust fund. His naivete and desire to do good have kept this from completely going to his big fat head, but he can still be an arrogant prick sometimes. His hobbies include space travel, arguing obscure scientific theories with Cindy, and then waiting for the inevitable angry make-out session in his lab. He already has 3 college degrees, but he has secret plans to attend the same university as Cindy, just so he can waltz by and be like, "Why Cindy, you go here too? What a coincidence. Oh, what's that you say? You didn't get in early decision? Vortex, Vortex, you really should try harder..."

Carl
Senior year of high school, and our favorite redhead is still a chubber with numerous phobias and medical problems. Carl has the fashion sense of the Michelin tire man if he were living in a nursing home (it probably doesn't help that mommy still picks out his clothes for him), and most people tend to think he's pretty weird. He obviously doesn't fit in at Retroville High, but he's been able to find happiness outside of school by volunteering at the local llama farm and community garden. He's a late bloomer who tends to get along better with people outside his age group, especially really dorky old folks who wear their pants right up under their moobies. He's in a long-distance relationship with Elke, his Swedish pen pal...although nobody but Sheen and Jimmy believe that someone as odd as Carl could have such a hot girlfriend. Carl occasionally panics about his future, especially at the thought of leaving home, but Jimmy assures him that he's only a teleporter-dial away :hug:

.........and shit, I have to get up early for work tomorrow :facepalm: WHY CAN'T I GET A LIFE whywouldyoudothatplz.png

EDIT:

Well, I caved. Mostly because Keith wanted to see Bolbi, and Em kept asking so plaintively ^^;

So, here they are...high school aged redesigns for some of the more minor characters. From left to right: Elke Ekberg, Betty Quinlan, Bolbi Stroganovsky, Nick Dean, and Britney (click for full size).

jimmy_neutron__teen_genius_designs_part_

And since I KNOW you want to waste your time reading imaginary bios:

Elke
Elke divides her time between Sweden and the U.S. During the school year, she attends her local gymnasieskola, but from June to August she works at a llama farm just outside Retroville and spends her free time hanging with Carl and his friends. Elke absolutely loves animals, especially llamas and alpacas, and she dreams of someday becoming a veterinarian. Her most prized possession is the yellow llama purse that Carl gave her during their sophomore summer - she's even been known to coordinate whole outfits around it. Elke looks forward to life after graduation, when she can move to America for college, and be closer to all the friends she's made during her visits ;) (special thanks to Keirin-chan for inspiring me to give Elke a pixie cut).

Betty
You know, Betty gets a bad rap from fans, and I don't think it's deserved. She doesn't seem like a malicious person, and it makes no sense that people consistently write her as a maneater/seducer/conniving witch. I picture her style as mature, feminine, and classy, maybe with a 50's Hollywood flair. Since Betty's a year older than the rest of the gang, she would've already graduated by the time they hit senior year. She's super gorgeous, and all the high school AND college boys want to date her - but she's one of those chicks who "found Jesus" in high school, so now she's against teen dating and premarital shenanigans, haha. She's an active member of the local church and spends a lot of time going door-to-door bringing people "the good news" - and she has a lot more success than the less-hot members of her mission :rolleyes:. Betty volunteers at the Retroville hospital as well, and she hopes to attend nursing school in a year or two.

Bolbi
THE KINGPIN, BABY leleleplz.gif
Bolbi is tubby, bug-eyed, and incredibly bizarre...but he's found acceptance and even adoration among the members of the drama club, who respect him for his acting talents and celebrate his weirdness as "avant garde". After high school, Bolbi plans to return to Backhairistan and take over the family goat-herding business. His fashion style can best be described as "used car salesman chic", with the occasional sweater vest to spice things up. There's a bit of a rumor floating around Retroville High that Bolbi miiiight be playing for the other team, but if so, he's not out of the closet yet.

Nick
Years later, Nick is still Retroville's resident bad boy. He's cool, he's sexy, and he knows it. Now that he has his driver's license, he's upgraded from skateboards to motorcycles, and he's been in and out of trouble for skipping class to go smoke cigarettes behind the bleachers. Nick has mad skills with the ladies, and he always has at least two hotties buzzing round him at any given moment...he's even been known to charm female teachers into overlooking his tardiness and unfinished homework. Because Nick is so concerned with appearances and is so adept at coasting through life on his looks, he doesn't have any real goals set for himself after high school. It remains to be seen whether he'll be able to get his act together and move past his narcissistic loafing.

Britney

Since her appearances in the original show were mostly be limited to back-up singing for Libby and Cindy, I've surmised that Britney is one of those chicks who always seems to play second fiddle to someone else. She's known throughout Retroville High for her belly shirts, valley-girl accent, and tendency to sprinkle gratuitous "likes" into her sentences. She's a member of the cheerleading team, but despite her best efforts, has never been able to make team captain. Britney is totally devoted to Nick, but of course he's too cool to date only one girl - hopefully she'll wise up and find someone who will treat her with a bit more respect. Britney likes music, reality TV, and sports, and she hopes (perhaps unrealistically) to one day cheer for a professional football team.

Hope you like!

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#3 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

OMG LOVEEEEEE....

:D

Jimmy's description makes me giggle. Can totally see this! :thumbsup:

Man, girl, you are so good at keeping them in character....

-sighs sadly-....

LOL, awesome job though!

#4 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Man, girl, you are so good at keeping them in character....

Well, I have been writing JN fanfiction and drawing pics of the characters for TEN FRICKIN YEARS :rolleyes: ... After all that practice, how could I not be good at it?

Really I should just own the show now

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#5 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

LOL... XD yes, yes you should. I agree. :)

#6 underwater

underwater

loves to lurk

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Nickname:Corinne

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

"Tv Go Dark" is the best t-shirt in existnence, especially for Sheen.

I would buy it in an instant.

Corinne

#7 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

"Tv Go Dark" is the best t-shirt in existnence, especially for Sheen.

I would buy it in an instant.

As would I >.<

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#8 rumorgirl1983

rumorgirl1983

retired forum member

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

This is really good. :)

#9 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

His hobbies include space travel, arguing obscure scientific theories with Cindy, and then waiting for the inevitable angry make-out session in his lab. He already has 3 college degrees, but he has secret plans to attend the same university as Cindy, just so he can waltz by and be like, "Why Cindy, you go here too? What a coincidence. Oh, what's that you say? You didn't get in early decision? Vortex, Vortex, you really should try harder..."

:lol:

Epic win right thar.

#10 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

J/C 4-EVER!!! <3

• Senior Members
  • 21,146 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

I totally agree, Mary! Epic win to the EXTREME!!!! Man, Mara, you kept the characters right in line! I'm extremely impressed!! I totally ROFL'ed when I read Jimmy's description!! :lol: Man, if I was a character in that world/universe, Cindy and I would be competing for Jimmy's attention to NO end!! You've made him even cuter than I dare to imagine! Oh, the love fests *ahem* scientific debates he and I would have... <3 Not to mention all the catfights :catfight: Cindy and I would have over his affections!! :lol:

#11 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

WHY DOES JIMMY LOOK COOL AND NOT LIKE A TOTAL NERD? I come from nerds. I know how we dress and groom ourselves. I object to this hotness-ifying of Jimmy. WHY CAN'T HE BE AWESOME AND STILL LOOK LIKE A TOTAL DOOFUS?! :P

But lol, you're descriptions amused me greatly. I think Carl's is my favorite. And he's my favorite in the drawings you did, too. Totally nailed High School Carl. *gives Mara special secret Llama Lovers handshake*

#12 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

WHY DOES JIMMY LOOK COOL AND NOT LIKE A TOTAL NERD? I come from nerds. I know how we dress and groom ourselves. I object to this hotness-ifying of Jimmy. WHY CAN'T HE BE AWESOME AND STILL LOOK LIKE A TOTAL DOOFUS?! :P

OK, two things.

One: He probably built a program that automatically chooses socially appropriate clothing from a database.

and Two:
Posted Image

I rest my case.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#13 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

:P Anyone can put on a suit.

But I accept your first idea.

#14 Sanjana R

Sanjana R

Sanjana

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Anyone can put on a suit, but it takes a 'hunk muffin' to really pull it off.

And I really don't mind your hotify-ingness…of both DJ/Jimmy :naughty:

#15 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

:P Anyone can put on a suit.

But I accept your first idea.

Also, Jimmy has never dressed like a doofus. Sure, he has his own style (atom shirt, whippy-dip hair, and whatnot), but his clothes are nicely color-coordinated. He obviously cares about his appearance if he built a machine to do his hair. :rolleyes: If anyone's got the nerd thing going on, it's Carl, who looks like he's wearing the pumpkin from Cinderella. Jimmy (and Sheen) at least have some semblance of a fashion sense, as demonstrated when they helped Carl look like less of a freak for Elke's visit.

COUNTER MY FLAWLESS LOGIC IF YOU DARE
Posted Image

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#16 Sanjana R

Sanjana R

Sanjana

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

"Carl, who looks like he's wearing the pumpkin from Cinderella."
-x-

EPIC :lol:

It's not too far of a stretch to say he may in fact actually be the pumpkin from Cinderella in his orange/green shirt/pants.

#17 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

J/C 4-EVER!!! <3

• Senior Members
  • 21,146 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

OK, two things.

One: He probably built a program that automatically chooses socially appropriate clothing from a database.

and Two:
Posted Image

I rest my case.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

*sighmelts* <3 <3

#18 AllieLongbottom

AllieLongbottom

YOU MEAN THE MORMON PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH?

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I know I already said this on DA, but I loooooove this. :)

I may have to make this my desktop background. It's just so perfect... :lol:

As many have said, props for keeping them SO in character.

#19 Sanjana R

Sanjana R

Sanjana

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

I know I already said this on DA, but I loooooove this. :)

I may have to make this my desktop background. It's just so perfect... :lol:

As many have said, props for keeping them SO in character.

One step ahead of you, it already is my desktop background xD :rolleyes:

#20 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

ROFLMAO. Keith Alcorn just commented on the pic on facebook. He asked me to draw a teen version of Bolbi >.<

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users