301 replies to this topic

#1 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

Alright! Here's how this is gonna go.

Originally I was gonna post an individual thread for each JN fic (i.e. - Life, Love and Death fanclub, A New Kid in Town fanclub, etc...), but upon reviewing this with Mara, it might have created some division and dischord over whose fics were better and next thing you know, we'd all be at each other's necks.

So she and I suggested instead to make a fanclub completely dedicated to any and all JN Fan fiction.

This thread is to discuss upcoming FFs like mine's "Life, Love and Death", ones that's been around for sometime, like Gretchen's "JN: Big Brother" or Ameilia's "A New Kid In Town. Or the mother of all JN fics, Mara's TOSOT!! Any fic at all.

Also feel free to give advice, pointers, tips, or just crazy (and reasonable) anticipation.

Note: If any of you are gonna offer critisism, PLEASE, let it be constructive! I don't want to see ANYONE hurt here. Got that?

Otherwise, have fun and priase JN fics!! :dance:

#2 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Sweet.

Can we use this for announcements, too?

Like, announcing that Season 4: Episode 2 is complete and will be posted later this week?

Cuz I want to announce that somewhere, lol. B)

Cool idea, Pedro! I think this club will definitely go over well. I'd like to join!

#3 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hmm... I was gonna suggest for you to make a new topic for Season 4: Episode 2.

But I think it's a better idea to announce it here, being that people can actually see it and all. Sure, why not?

I'm actually not making a members list. But maybe I will. What do you think?

#4 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

We don't need a members list - I think we'll have a LOT of members, so that list would get pretty long!

And yeah, no worries, Episode 2 will definitely get its own topic when I post the real story. I just wanted to announce it someplace! That way the topic I make can be for the story itself and the comments on it.

#5 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

Yeah. I don't think so ethier. It be a hastle to fit everyone's name in it and we might lose valuable space.

Alright. Sounds like a good idea. :thumbsup: Annouce it here first then make the topic.

I can't wait to read it! :D

#6 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

AWESOME PIG!! :D

What an epic list!!

Btw, it's called "Life, Love" and Death. :lol:

#7 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Ha ha ha ha!

That's alright Pig. I evne msse pu wrdos...
Typo on purpose. :lol:

#8 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

So, what do you guys think of my fic??? Btw, I'm about to post Chappie 12, finally! :dance: :thumbsup:

#9 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,311 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

I totally freaking need to join this club.

I love fanfiction!!

I really hope to get started on chapter 4 of my fic, Learn to Carry On. I know mine's a little less true to the show (since it involves Sheen's mom) and deals with lots of OCs, but I'm excited about it anyway!

And I always have fun putting Spanish in flashbacks that various people have. Since I'm like, halfway done with the Spanish classes offered in my school system, I actually know a decent amount of Spanish. Plus, I don't have the characters say anything I haven't learned yet. Because I know that online translators aren't the most reliable. If I want a certain thing to be said, but don't know how to say it, I just wait and ask me teacher. She knows.

And the faster I get these chapters out, the sooner I can introduce Tim's daughters. Because even though my fic will be ridiculously long and have lots of OCs, they're necessary to show the growth and development of Sheen and the second daughter. The fic really is about the two of them becoming friends, and their friendship growing. So...I want to get her in there as soon as I can.

I'll try and get started this weekend. I have a lot of homework I'm currently neglecting, but I'll deal with that later :rolleyes:

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

TOSOT is my one of my favorites.

I'm thinking about making one too.

But I don't know yet.

-Lexi

#11 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,311 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

You should write something Lexi. Even if you just start out with a one-shot. The JN fanfiction world could always use some more ^_^

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

I have some ideas for a story in mind.

Maybe when I get some ideas and start typing it, I'll post it.

I don't want to say I'm going to post a story yet, unless I'm absolutely sure I want to do one.

-Lexi

#13 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

YESH! A fanfiction club! :rock:

Just my kind of club! ^_^

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

I have an idea for a story, but should I just post the story write away, or should i make a topic asking if people like my idea first?

-Lexi

#15 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Make a topic about it & see what people think, first, & I just now posted my 12th chapter for my fic!!! Urge EVERYBODY & ANYBODY to reply ASAP!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

#16 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

:lol:

Alright, alright Ameila!!! :lol:

#17 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

:lol:

#18 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

I've read and I've replied.

I'm really liking where this is going, Amelia. Now it's starting to get intense.

Great job! ^_^

#19 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

Well, recently I've been having some doubts of my story Life, Love and Death.

Some situations has made me to believe that I may seem a tad... how do you say.. Pretenious? And since this is my first fanfic both for Jimmy Neutron and in general, I want to make a big enough impression. But since this is my first fic, and since I want it's statement to be heard and agreed by everyone here, there's just some peole (who I won't name, besides I don't even know thier names :lol:) that just won't like it, asbolutly hate it and maybe even bash it. And they could be right in a way: me writing a epic story now is like me trying to create an epic and sohpisticated music album but without knowing the basic musical elements first (i.e. - Do-re-mi, etc). Same feeling here. I'm VERY inexperienced in a field that great writers here like Mara and Beks absolutly thrive and shine in. Even former member Ally Bray can write so much better. And she's around pre-teen age years! And seeing a man like me, 21 years old, you would think that by now my writing would be superb, if not just as good as Mara's. Bek's and a few others. Sadly, I'm not. :( And I have my constant music listening, lazyness to work hard in anything, and low self-esteem to blame for my mediocre-ness. I really hate it.

Now some of you would right then and there automaticly tell me: Stop worring so much about your writing, You're writing is speical because your special, Stop comparing yourself to everyone else!, Wow. You're THAT sensitive and hard on yourself? Chill out!, Your writing will ONLY get better, don't worry, don't take yourself so seriously...

Guys, I REALLY mean it!!! I don't want to say to you all Shut up, don't talk to me

Now it may sound to you all that I'm trying to push everyone away from mejust because I'm not hearing the answer I want to hear, but I'm really not. I'm just sharing my frustration with you all as helthy and safe as possible. Yeah right! Like I ever do that!...

I just really hate it when I know I can be better but I often get in the way of myself and just... don't do it because it's HARD. I don't accept hard work and effort! Mara, I think you can relate to this.

Yeah, if I'm lazy here, then I'm worse in real life... not really.

I'll stop magpieing now.

#20 J/C AVA

J/C AVA

FUTURE... FUTURE...

• Senior Members
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'm sorry for whineing. I didn't mean for the JN FF club to stop just because of my statements. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users