Photo
- - - - -

Is J/C Overrated?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Is J/C Getting Overrated? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Is J/C Getting Overrated?

1. Yes! It's Getting Old! (8 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

2. Maybe... (6 votes [10.91%])

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

3. Quite... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No! J/C 4EVER! (30 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

5. No Opinion (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

6. Llama! (10 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 ~Baby Broadway~

~Baby Broadway~

http://camprock.disney.ru/camprock/?id=2681

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

JC is not overrated:

-Seriously, how many times have you crushed on the same person for a very long time? I know I used to have a crush on this one guy for like, 5 years. From the beginning of 4th grade until the beginning of 9th grade, when he was no longer in any classes of mine and my interest went elsewhere. Jimmy and Cindy could very well continue liking each other for a long time. They live across the street from each other, and will end up being in the same classes as they get older because they are both so intelligent. They'll be around each other a lot for a long time. I know that even if you don't know your crush very well, just being near them makes the crush refuel itself. These two would be even better off because they do know each other pretty well, so that's like a head start. Plus, their fighting could have a lot to do with immaturity or insecurity. As they get older, they'll be more likely to get tired of their fighting and stop, or at least tone it down. Even if it takes a really long time, I think they can do it.

JC is overrated:

-As much as you may like someone, if they are constantly mean to you, and constantly belittling you, eventually you're just gonna call it quits and seek affections from elsewhere. Both Jimmy and Cindy have other love interests who are much kinder to them than they are to each other. If the fighting continues for too long and shows no signs of getting better, one of them, probably Jimmy, is going to just say, "Screw it!" and he'll search for someone else to like who is kinder to him.

I would like to say that I agree with Mary's non-overated view of J/C, but I also aknowledge the overrated part as well.

Ethier could happen to the two. -_-

J/C is not overrated:

Now I won't start saying that love doesn't last forever. Some crushes are much truer than most others. Other, just don't last that long because it was never ment too. Am I saying that this is gonna happen to J/C? Maybe. Maybe not.

But like Mary's first post, it's something that I firmley believe with the upmost conviction that J/C can make it. It might take them years, but I can see both of them dropping thier fighting and arguing and just finally learn to accept each other. So, yeah, thier whole fighting has somewhat irritated, if not humored, most J/C critics, no offence. I can be very cynical towards their fighting and hating just because their too afraid to open up. Not that it's not difficult, it's VERY difficult to show your true feelings to someone you love, especally when your peers and soicety in general expects you to act a certain way, which gets very tireing after a while I'm sure for both of them.
But I'm confidant that somewhere down the road, they will reach a point of epiphany where they don't need to mask themselves behind thier hidden feelings, nor to the world.

Sorry, my rants tend to be poetic.

J/C is overrated:

Like I said before, thier whole nastiness and senseless arguing can make even the most hardcore J/Cer cringe and annoyed. Even me.
That said, I can see where Stacy's coming from and I agree. To an extent.

So to put everything short: J/C WILL get overated if Jimmy and Cindy keep on hating each other with no actuall resolution and in turn everyone will just become fed up with them. The only way I can think of for J/C to be not overated is if they at least aknowledge each other as two very specail people and realize that thier fighting is going nowhere. Or if they need to fight, they could at least fight for the sake of improving themselves and still be friendly, not the other usuall way around.

-_-

Good Pedro! I agree,but I also think that they are growing out of their bickering.Yeah they fight but they are learning to except each other as friends and work together

Maybe...but I'm not sure yet.

BUT J/C WILL BE FOREVER IN MY HEART!!! ;) :Jimmy: :wub: :Cindy:

#102 John Richards

John Richards

I'm feeling strangely happy now, contented and serene

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

It is getting a bit old...but it is a JN staple, so I still like it...and it's only the multitude of bad J/C fanfics that's ruined the ship. That's why I try to keep away from mushy gooy J/C, and just put it in little tidbits. ^_^

I also voted Llama...just cause of who I am.  ^_^

I love JC, and I don't care who knows it, lol. But I definitely agree with Beks. People have written some really crappy fics about it, and those make me roll my eyes. I just am not a huge fan of sappiness. Stranded was too much for me, too. Also, the way people writing those fics twist the side characters to push JC even more - like making Betty a b*tch, and Nick some sort of abusive boyfriend, etc...that's REALLY annoying.

I just don't read JN fanfics anymore unless they're written by/recommended by someone from IDOJ.

But yeah, I do love JC. It's a classic love/hate relationship, and those are always my favorite. It adds a lot of fun humor to the show, too, in my opinion.

And I voted "llama", too. Just...because it was there. :P

I must admit to sort of doing that in reverse in NAW-Cindy can be quite a bitch at times.

#103 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

I'D forgive you, FJ... <3<3

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

J/C is NEVER overrated in MY book!!!! Long live :Jimmy: / :Cindy: !!!!!!!!

#104 Katy

Katy

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

jimmy and cindy would make a great couple but i also see possibilites with jimmy being with betty, so you could say i multiship

#105 Mangox3

Mangox3

Jellybag

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

With how many people ship J/C and don't ship Jimmy with other people, it's making J/C overrated.

#106 CjIiNmDmYy

CjIiNmDmYy

Amigop

• Senior Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

According to me J/C did go a bit overboard in Stranded but other than that it's fine so J/C forever!!!

#107 JCFanatic

JCFanatic

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

They didn't go overboard in "Stranded". Thats how they really feel about each other. And for it to happen so soon, Then its love! <3 Just because alot of people like there relationship dosn't make it over-rated. It just shows what other people like.

#108 Katy

Katy

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

the only episode in my opinion where j/c went a little overboard in was "lady sings the news"

#109 JCFanatic

JCFanatic

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Actually, in Lady sing's the news. Jimmy finally decided to screw fighting with Cindy and just flirt with her! Which is what they both wanted. I know that kissing scene at the end was a little shocking, But I realized something. In that episode he was donig "Mr. Walkie man" to Cindy(She must really like him to bear with that.) And you know he got that from his dad. Well in the episode where his dad did that to Judy he was getting ready to kiss her (In a way.) Untill Jimmy interupted them. What do you think Jimmy was going to do with Cindy when his hand got all the way up? You know they would of done it if it weren't for libby's interuption. So at the end, He was just "Finishing" from were he left off. Either that or he did it to show her that he REALLY liked her! (And at age 11? They must be head over heels.) :kawaii:
Besides, Wouldn't it be better if they got together in the end. Instead of continuing there constant arguing? I mean after all you do grow out of it. :wub2:
And did you see Cindys smile. How could someone think that they'll continue mindlessly arguing when they found a new way to get one anothers attention.:hug:

#110 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself, Tiffany!(is that your name?)

#111 Zoey <3

Zoey <3

“I wont be labeled as average"

• Senior Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

You made really great points! I agree with you.

#112 Toy

Toy

Ghost

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

Heck no! Jindy forever!!

#113 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

• Senior Members
  • 21,148 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

AMEN to that!!!(um, what's your name?)

#114 Katy

Katy

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

there's nothing wrong with the show creators making them stop fighting but i thikn that at their gae they are too young to be kissing.

#115 underwater

underwater

loves to lurk

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Nickname:Corinne

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

It's not that JC is overrated it's just that the writers took it in the wrong direction, cause they were always focusing on their fighting and not on their competing. Being enemies and being rivals, those are two very different things

Corinne

#116 Toy

Toy

Ghost

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

They didn't go overboard in "Stranded". Thats how they really feel about each other. And for it to happen so soon, Then its love! <3 Just because alot of people like there relationship dosn't make it over-rated. It just shows what other people like.

I'm with you, they didn't get overrated. How many other shows give us such a romantic episode?? NONE! I love romance and mushy stuff. It's much better tha him being a jerk to her like most guys are to girls. He is a very sweet boy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users