• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,426 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

Since I didn't see any posts for requesting ff's, I made one! Post 'em here! You know you want to!!!!
P.S. Mara, thanks for not deleting my fic!
Yours Truly,

#2 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

I know the one fanfic that we're all wanting more of is TOSOT, but I'm not gonna bug Mara about it...too much. ^_^

I've always wanted a fic about Ms. Fowl and Sam. It'd be funny. :lol:

#3 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,719 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

I know the one fanfic that we're all wanting more of is TOSOT, but I'm not gonna bug Mara about it...too much. ^_^

I've always wanted a fic about Ms. Fowl and Sam. It'd be funny. :lol:

GAAAH I get the message.

But this week is a deathtrap in terms of homework assignments. I'll try to get to it when I can.

I'm kicking myself in the butt right now for not getting more done over the summer.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#4 curiochibi

curiochibi

This IS the good life ^_^

• Senior Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Don't rush, Mara. We can live without TOSOT updates for a while, CAN'T WE, PEOPLE?
*glares around at random*
I have a TOSOT-related snapshot story about a girl named Anya A'shakat (sp?!?).
--brick'd for mentioning it before it's done--
Dammit.

#5 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

LOL NO WE CAN'T.

Arrrr.

.:!Gwen!:.

#6 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,719 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

I have a TOSOT-related snapshot story about a girl named Anya A'shakat (sp?!?).

Sweet! That's a great Numerian name! Lots of A's, perfect. :lol:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#7 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,719 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:36 PM

I just think its kinda funny, and will always be remembered that we all thought it was gonna end this summer, and it'll probably be a couple more years :lol: I mean, that's KINDA nice, people; building the suspense...

I mean, we kept saying it, and and cheering, and it was in Flank's hard-core IDOJ-er quiz in the no life club, and we bugged Mara, and kept acting like "this summer is the big summer" and it'd be completely, officially, historically and epically done with this summer! Hurray!
And, no where close...LOL Like, just a few installments.

But, that's okay, Mara! We got great installments this summer and still are gettin' em...and the suspense and fun times this summer TOSOT related in ANY way were so fun and memorable. I just think its so funny we were so sure; I mean, you can't ever be sure with Mara's cliffhangers and busy schedule *shrugs* the summer isn't THAT much time. Still, I can see completely why she made that goal and said that. It seems like its dragged on forever. And for those of you who have been following it since the beginning, or at least the beginning of IDOJ, phew! No wonder we were hyper!
Anyone else think of that? It was so emphasized, I find it very funny...

Not in a bad way, though! But, take your time, Mara. It'll be great, but its fine for now. ^_^

I don't know why, I just will always think of that as lulz worthy, lol I'm just weird like that. Whatever :rolleyes:

*shuts up from this long post*

GO MARA, GO!!!!
See y'all
B) Pigquet

I'm actually kind of disappointed in myself. <_<

Seriously, I am. I really, really wanted to finish it over the summer. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't. I think it was a combination of being busy and just not wanting to write, for whatever reason.

I did have opportunities to work on it, but I kind of blew it off. Sorry you guys.

I thought for sure I'd get it done this summer - I mean, I wrote volumes 1-3 in less than a year. I wrote all of volume 3 in one summer. I don't see why it's taken me 2 years to write volume 4 and part of 5. I guess, in all honesty, I feel frustrated with TOSOT because it's not going anywhere. I can't publish it, I can't really share it with too many people, and the more I want to be a writer, the harder it is for me to get ideas.

-sigh-

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#8 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

Hey Mara,

Don't be too down on yourself. From my experience, writing certainly does gets harder when you get older. It isn't just you.

Creativity gets confounded by reality, and those ideas that used to just roll of your brain sometimes get stopped in their tracks.

Plus, it IS work. Especially once you put your mind to wanting to publish. And work, no matter how fun, is hard to convince yourself to do. My stories are just barely inching along, because when the day is done, and schoolwork is complete enough, well...there isn't much energy left. And even when I HAVE spare time, it's hard for me to open that Word document and get crackin'.

You're a brilliant writer, though, Mara. Fast or slow. I have absolutely no doubts you'll be published one day. Every sentence you write is something to be proud of. Remember that.

-Katie :ahoy:

#9 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

YES, Katie is sooo right. Besides, Mara, I know you can't necessarily publish TOSOT, but you can look at it as practice... I mean, that's kinda what I do with my fics. I write them for fun and all that, but I feel like it's a good opportunity to exercise my writing abilities (which can definitely use some improvement). The tones are usually different than the tones of my original works, but still, I can practice my writing style.

I don't know. Just a way I look at it. The more practice you get and the more you understand what different readers want in stories, the more experience you'll have under your belt when you do try to get published. So, look at TOSOT as a way to bring you just that one step closer to getting published.

...I hope that made sense. And encourages you. :unsure: I'm SURE you will be published someday, so don't get depressed about that. =(

~Rachel~

#10 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

Go Mara! :rock:

*back on topic* I wish I had time to finish all the fanfics I'm in the middle of, like right now! I have 3!!! I haven't written for Temper Tantrum for over a year! :'(

#11 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

The next summer will be important for IDOJers because we will have a convention and Mara will finish TOSOT!

HAHA! Kidding, no pressure, Mara. Your life and convenience always go first. It's OK with us.

I am sure that your talents won't evaporate, you'll do a lot of great things in the future.

#12 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,426 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

Wow. I'm surprised at how many replies my new post has gotten! Keep up the good work! About MY fic, Cat's Got Her Tongue, I'm SO sorry for not updating. It's just that the journal it's in is at a friend's house, & I can't seem to get in touch with her. Been that way for a while... *sighs* I think I'll just have to make something up since I probably won't get my journal back... I promise to post as soon as I can!!! And I'd also like to request the fic Summer at Camp Friendly. Where's sunnstar when you need her?! Mara, PLEASE finish TOSOT!!! I gotta know how it ends, & I hope DJ's curse gets reversed & he goes back to his old self again! Please don't let ANYONE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :mad: :PCpwn: :grr: :angrymob: I'm begging you!!!! *gets down on hands & knees*
Yours Truly,

#13 curiochibi

curiochibi

• Senior Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

The next summer will be important for IDOJers because we will have a convention and Mara will finish TOSOT!
-Flank

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS CONVENTION?!

Ooh, I'm pissed off now...

#14 Flank

Flank

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

Oh, it's supposed to be just a thing between some old friends, we are only thinking about it.

#15 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

-Flank

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS CONVENTION?!

Ooh, I'm pissed off now...

Hey Jessi,

This is for the older members (both age-wise and IDOJ-wise). Invitation is based on a lot of factors, number one being how well Mara knows and trusts someone.

So don't feel bad. It's not really open for everyone. Safety first and all.

And a shout out to anyone who IS on the invite list...try not to bring it up on the forum. Because it hurts people.

#16 Flank

Flank

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

Sorry, my bad. I wasn't thinking.

#17 curiochibi

curiochibi

• Senior Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

Oh, don't worry about it. I'll forget it exists. :D

And don't think I was up til 1 AM trying to figure out the password to the locked forum, cuz I wasn't.
:ph43r:

Sorry to upset you all.
Don't worry about it, Flank. Sometimes stuff slips out. I should definitely know that.
See ya later.

-Jessi

#18 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,426 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

Could we PLEASE try to stay on topic, people?? Thanks! Or may the wrath of :Goobot: be on you & feed you to Poultra!!!!!! :onfire: Haha! JK! Just stay on topic, okay? At least
try
to!!
Yours Truly,

#19 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,159 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

SOMEONE SHOULD TOTALLLY FREAKING WRITE A JIMMY/SHEEN FIC!! I'D SO READ IT.

#20 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,426 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

Thx 4 staying on topic!! :D

Yours Truly,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users