• 8,034 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

Whooo!

Yay for explosions.

Can't wait to see what's next!

-Rat Lady :ahoy:

#22 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:20 AM

INDUBITABLY.

#23 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,257 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:49 AM

DUN DUN DUN. The adventures begins...

ILU GWEN

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#24 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:04 AM

--flail--

#25 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:40 AM

AWESOME, Gwen! =) I love it!

~Rachel~

#26 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

LOL THIS CHAPTER IS INTENSE. Or, at least, I hope so.

Chapter 3

“So we’re taking the hover jet, right?” asked Queen Mara once we had reached the transportation area.

“No, it’s too fast. We need a sort of slow moving plane in that fog so if we come up on something, we have a better chance of not hitting it.”

She looked down the long row of planes. “What about the 2.9?”

“With the influx receptors?”

“No, with the cup holders.”

“Ah, yes! Sounds good. That flanker’s so old it still takes CDs. I should go unearth my collection—”

“No time.” The queen walked around, looking for the plane. “We only have forty five hours till the meeting.”

Mildly disappointed, I ran after her. We found the vehicle near the back of the carrier. I hopped in the pilot’s seat and revved up the engine. I never really recalled being taught how to fly a plane, but then again I didn’t recall a lot of things, and I knew that I could fly one. I suppose it didn't matter.

“Alright, so what’s our path?” asked Queen Mara, settling into her headphones and turning on the speaker set.

I put on mine also. “We’re going to go in a direct path at an altitude of 20,000 feet, dropping down to 12,000 when the fog comes and maneuvering in complicated manners should any bogies show up.”

“Alrighty.”

I winked. “Don’t worry, Mara. I always have a plan of action.”

As we contacted Red Storm over the radio, the garage-like door to the carrier lifted up, allowing me to set the controls and sail through into the night air. I clicked the “soundproof” button in the cockpit, making an extra layer of window material cover the plane and mask the annoying wind.

“How long will it take us to get to the quadrangle?” asked the queen, searching for something around her chair.

“About three hours. I suggest you be mindful of the aerial tricks I’m going to do to keep myself awake.”

She rolled her eyes, pulling a book up from the floor and opening it. The title was Treasure Island.

"Haven't you read that before?"

"Mmm. Many times. But I can't resist a good pirate read."

My chuckle cut short as I caught sight of a gleaming dot through the windshield. Narrowing my eyes and trying to figure out what it was, I forgot we were closing in on it fast, and only when we were about a hundred yards from it did I suddenly dip the plane down.

As it passed over us, I sighed sarcastically. It was Writer Woman, out training. The gleaming substance was her rope.

“Red Storm, come in.”

His voice crackled to life inside my ears. “Yes?”

“When she gets back, tell Writer Woman I’m sorry I missed her. Over.”

There was a pause. “Roger that…”

I smiled to myself, leaning back in my chair and idly steering the joystick with my index finger.

There was suddenly another, more feminine voice in my headphones. I immediately recognized it as Shorti’s, who was tracking the UFOs.

“Lady Gwendolyn, there’s a squadron coming in on the left.”

“Roger,” I replied. “Mara, hold on to your head.”

“Do a barrel roll!” she cried, excited.

I laughed, watching the incoming blips on the radar. As they approached, I hit the cloaking button, and rolled to the side, at the queen’s request. She whooped. The jets whizzed by us without so much as slowing down.

“Clear,” I reported to base, then switched off the cloaking.

We flew for about another two hours without notice. At about one in the morning, however, I started to observe more and more crafts passing by us. I wondered if the cloaking device only hid us from sight and not from radar. However, I didn’t voice this concern to Red Storm for fear of sounding foolish.

Queen Mara had fallen fast asleep in the co-pilot’s seat, her book laying open across her lap. I switched off her microphone in case she snored, but she hadn’t.

Suddenly, a beep sounded on and off. The lights in the cockpit flashed red. I peered at the radar, seeing a green bogey come toward our craft. My stomach sank.

“Shorti,” I said, urgently. “Respond, respond. Friendly enclosing. I repeat, friendly enclosing. Over.”

There was no response.

“Shorti!” I called. “Friendly enclosing! Respond, over!”

Silence.

“Shorti!”

By now I was frantic, calling out her name, calling Red Storm, flipping the emergency switch on and off. Queen Mara had woken up, and noticed the red light.

“Gwen?” she asked.

“Shorti! Base, come in! Come in! Friendly enclosing! Respond!”

“Gwen?” asked the queen again.

As the missile encroached, I nosedived the plane sharply, allowing it to pass overhead. Breathing a sigh of relief, I watched the radar. My veins went ice cold as the blip started to come back on us again.

“Thermo-friendly!” I cried into the headset. My head was pounding and my heart was racing. Adrenaline pumped through me, making me want to get up and jump around the cabin. But in the back of my mind, a creeping feeling of hopelessness spread like the plague through my thoughts.

“Shorti, I repeat! We’re being trailed by a thermo-friendly!”

More silence.

I closed my eyes and sat back in my seat, allowing that hopelessness to consume me.

“Gwen?”

When it came within twenty yards, I lurched forward and rolled the plane to the left. The missile brought itself along side.

I rubbed my forehead with my hand.

“Gwen?”

“Mara…” I whispered. Her face in my peripheral vision was pale white. “I don’t have a plan of action.”

Missile connection.

#27 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:53 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What happens?! Don't leave me hangin' here!

You gotta update soon. That is my response.

Great job.

-Rat Lady :ahoy:

#28 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

OTHX, RAT LADY. --hug--

lol maybe when I get around to like, you know, WRITING IT I'll update. XDD

#29 Kaytron

Kaytron

G-RATED INSUUUULT!

• Senior Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

Write more Gwen!!!!

It's awesome! :rock:

"Missile Connection"

ARGHHH!!!! CLIFFHANGERS!!! :onfire: :onfire:

Write soon!

^Kaytron^ :ph43r:

#30 Beks

Beks

Achievement Unlocked: Turn Your Tassel

• Senior Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:18 AM

“When she gets back, tell Writer Woman I’m sorry I missed her. Over.”

*puts hands on hips indignitly* And what's that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

#31 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

;D

YOU WERE IN MY WAY.

#32 Macey

Macey

I believe in Santa Christ!

• Senior Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

LOL GWEN THIS IS EPIC.

Seriously, girl. :rock:

#33 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

ONE MONTH LATER, let's finish this sucker~

Chapter 4

Queen Mara bolted upright and screamed. She blinked a few times and tried to process things when a guard came in the door.

“Everything alright, milady?”

“Fine, everything’s good. Just a… just a dream.”

Her nightgown stuck to her torso in cold sweat, and a breeze lifted the curtains next to the bed. The breaths that before were uneven and shallow started to steady, and she lay back down on her plethora of pillows.

It was odd that the dream had put her in the perspective of Lady Gwendolyn. It was almost as if…no. That’s crazy.

And yet…

Mara turned over and stared at the back of the door. Her eyes focused on the golden doorknob, lit by a single purplish moonbeam.

What if it was true? Could Gwen possibly channel herself--wherever she was--into the queen’s head like that? Or was it simply her mind’s way of expressing her desires?

Her desires weren’t always clear, she had found, and usually decisions were hard to make. But the thought of being with Gwendolyn as they both plummeted to their deaths didn’t give her a sense of fear, rather one of comfort. Maybe even a sense of closure.

“I’m fantasizing death,” said the queen aloud to herself as reality took its hold again. Her tone was sarcastic, but a bit wondrous as well.

“Ah, Gwen.” Mara’s voice was a whisper, barely audible above the sounds of night outside. “Either show yourself to me or leave me alone entirely. No more torture.”

Her eyes closed and she drifted into sleep once more.

An eidolon sat cross-legged on the windowsill next to the bed. The moonlight shifted through her translucent image, changing its color slightly. She sighed and smiled sadly at the figure beneath the covers.

“If you would only open your eyes and see.”

A bright purple light shone and the apparition vanished. The owl continued its soft, dulcet song on a tree nearby.

#34 Macey

Macey

I believe in Santa Christ!

• Senior Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

AWESOME ENDING GWEN.

..Really. It gave off a sense of pure epic awesome. (That's the epic awesome that FS and Axel have...Normal Sheen has some too) Great job Gwen!

#35 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Wow. That IS epic awesome. :o

...I should frame this story or something...

#36 RocksmySocks

RocksmySocks

DJ was here.

• Senior Members
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

Beautiful, Gwen. Really beautiful. Great ending.

#37 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Thanks, Rat Lady. ;)

#38 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,257 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

Very sad :'(

On another note, I'm absolutely shocked...Gwen used a word I didn't understand! :o "Eidolon" - I had to look it up.

I'm off to go read the dictionary,
~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#39 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:54 AM

WOW.

....WOOOOOOOOOW.

ffff......I am thoroughly and continually shocked.

I'm...I'm definitely framing this story.

#40 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Thanks Gwen and sorry for not replying before. This is an epic story, indeed. I love it! LOLFLANKERS! :thumbsup:

Writing about planes and stuff you can have my consultations, you know, btw.

Thanks again and it's very well written, tragic and beautiful. Lady Gwendolyn and her best appearance, as usual. We'll be looking for the shadow in our castle.

Just as a note. Somewhere you pictured me frustrated. Yes, I can get frustrated, emotional, plain weird in regular life. But, when the things get tougher, I get calm and rational. It's a professional thing. Fear and stress are the first enemies that you meet on a battlefield.
Besides, I like to add pictures in my explanations, for more simplicity in understanding.
Please, don't take it as bashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users