- - - - -

Which unconventional couple is your favorite?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your fave non-mainstream couple? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your fave non-mainstream couple?

1. JimmyxBetty (9 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

2. JimmyxApril (8 votes [11.94%])

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

3. BrittanyxNick (6 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

4. GoddardxRoxie (18 votes [26.87%])

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

5. CarlxElke (9 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

6. CarlxBetty (2 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

7. CindyxSheen (2 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

8. CindyxCarl (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. JimmyxLibby (3 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

10. TimmyxCindy (6 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

11. Other (4 votes [5.97%])

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Surfer_draik_HA_JN_fan

Surfer_draik_HA_JN_fan

Helga and Arnold=Freakin' Amazing~Love Them!

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:28 AM

...who's Roxie?
>>; i guess i must have missed an episode or two.
anyways i voted for Carl and Elke, Its to bad elke was only in one episode...

#22 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

...who's Roxie?
>>; i guess i must have missed an episode or two.
anyways i voted for Carl and Elke, Its to bad elke was only in one episode...

I hear that, & Roxie is the Junkman's (first appeared on Brobot's *shiver* second episode, also Roxie's first appearence, AND the first hinting of GoddardxRoxie!)

& Lola, Purple_Sparkle, no big deal here, I'm not offended by your posts either. ;)

But still, hasn't Cindy ever heard the old saying, "honesty is the best policy" in a relationship? Apparently not.

But Betty? Obviously. She shows her true feelings for Jimmy, (disagree if you must, but be respectful is all I ask) right from the start, "Party At Neutron's", whereas Cindy doesn't.

But either way, JxB OR JxC, I still don't mind either one, ;) though I obviously prefer JxB, lol. :P

#23 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

But still, hasn't Cindy ever heard the old saying, "honesty is the best policy" in a relationship? Apparently not.

Well she is just 11, and above that she likes the boy she's use to hate so one can understand why she acts the way she does sometimes and for not wanting to admit it at first, imo anyway :)

#24 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

I know, but I won't argue, you guys are being nice about the whole JxB thing, so I'll leave well enough alone, ok?

Just think of it like the fic, Dreaming shows Betty: Cindy can have her chance & all, but if she goofs up, Betty then has every right to be with Jimmy. :)

#25 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

I gotta say I think GoddardxRoxie is the cutest unconventional couple, you can't beat doggie love :P

#26 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:33 AM

Btw, I finally noticed CarlxBetty is up there.. where the heck did THAT come from? :huh:

But I guess, if JxB was getting ready to happen, but Jimmy died or something, I guess CarlxBetty might work, but I honestly don't see that idea happening anytime soon.

Jimmy's being the star of the show & all, :P but in fanfictions, that's a different story sometimes. :blink:

But still, JimmyxBetty's easily the best here! So is Nick & Cindy! :wub:

I also find GoddardxRoxie interesting too, it's pretty cute. ^_^

#27 SLFOREVER

SLFOREVER

It's true.....

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

I could see TimmyxCindy happening in an AU, but not the actual series.

Reasons

They come from two different dimensions.

Timmy's two future children, Tommy & Tammy, look NOTHING like Cindy, & they are Timmy's OFFICIAL future kids.

Posted Image

Cindy & Timmy need to find love in their OWN dimensions, not witheach other.

At least that's one thing right. I like the kids. I didn't know that Timmy and Tootie get married. I could see TB happening. in the shows AND fics. :lol:

I think JB shouldn't get together. Ask Keith. I have his e-mail AND phone #! My friend has talked to him and he's ALL for JC!!!!!! So beat that! ppbbthhh! :catfight:

#28 CindyRocks123

CindyRocks123

Superposter

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

STOP IT, SLFOREVER! Stop being so mean to NekoGirl. And she's really nice, just very defensive of her favorite characters and ships. So, please, back off.

#29 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

At least that's one thing right. I like the kids. I didn't know that Timmy and Tootie get married. I could see TB happening. in the shows AND fics. :lol:

I think JB shouldn't get together. Ask Keith. I have his e-mail AND phone #! My friend has talked to him and he's ALL for JC!!!!!! So beat that! ppbbthhh! :catfight:

UGH <_<

Trixie has just as much chance of marrying Timmy as Tootie does. Amras Felagund's fanfic, "Happily Ever After" describes how perfectly. But at least Tootie's & Trixie's fandoms are relatively matched.

& I know, its because he didn't give JB or the others a chance & worked with them. If he ghad, who knows? Maybe at least JB or JA would be a favorite of his as well.

The biggest thing with Keith: JC is the only real couple he's worked on as much as the show itself. I respect that, I really do, but I believe he didn't even think about the possibilities if JB or JA was the main-stream couple. Still, I do fully respect both him, JC, & the fans of said couple.

I'm just not interested in something that gets shoved down my throat nearly everytime I try to watch the show. I like most canon couples, but I think the fact that JC is love/hate, a type of relationshp I've never been fond of at all, I'm sure that's why I dislike it so much, whether the creator of the show supports it or not.

& besides, Timmy/Betty, Nick/Betty, (Keith confirmed this on the NB thing) & any other type of couple in which Betty's never met the guy, (not counting NB) they just wouldn't work, IMO.

If JC simply cannot go any other way but together, then I prefer Betty with a WELL THOUGHT OUT (& nothing like Nick) new character in the Teen Genius sequel. & before he shows up, at least SOME JB fluff in Teen Genius. Hey, Keith managed to give JB some airtime in the original show, so why couldn't he in Teen Genius, if the idea was along the same level of romance?

& After a few JB-centered episodes, (I mean like enough for music videos, that kinda thing) then he could introduce the new character, & be sure to keep developing him, & his & Betty's romance, & for God's sake, let it be a best friend/ romance, or at least anything but a love/hate one. (I've had enough of that with JC, thank-YOU)

That's what I'd do if I had control of Teen Genius anyways. I don't know about Keith, but I really hope he at least tries this much with Betty, if he can't branch out into couples other than JC between the two characters. :)

#30 JCFOREVER

JCFOREVER

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

Keith and I had a chat on the phone yesterday, and there definitely isn't any possibility of J/B happening. According to him, Betty doesn't really like Jimmy like that - the way she acts towards him is just the way she is. He said that her purpose was to stir up some trouble; to make Cindy jealous, and to make the fans go "Jimmy, what are you thinking?!"

Now, I still respect any people who support this couple, and I hope no one is mad at me. I just think that there really are no grounds to ship them at all, but you're each entitled to your own opinions.

I do, however, agree with someone new being created for Betty. I really don't hate her, contrary to popular belief. I like her as a character, I just don't support the whole J/B thing.

For my opinion on the Timmy shipping - I really don't care who he ends up with. Timmy/Tootie OR Timmy/Trixie are both fine by me. I was originally a Timmy/Trixie shipper, but it could go either way, and I'd be fine.

#31 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Keith and I had a chat on the phone yesterday, and there definitely isn't any possibility of J/B happening. According to him, Betty doesn't really like Jimmy like that - the way she acts towards him is just the way she is. He said that her purpose was to stir up some trouble; to make Cindy jealous, and to make the fans go "Jimmy, what are you thinking?!"

Well, the LEAST I'm asking is for a FEW JB "moments", like those in the original series.

I KNOW JB isn't going to happen in the real show, everyone does, OK?

But, in fanfics (honest ones that is!) & in AUs to the show wherein multiple Jimmy couples ARE possible, then I STILL support it, ok?

I honestly just watch the show for its non-romantic stuff, though I do love the Sheen/Libby & Carl/Elke romance. I'll watch the sequel, (either one now, since the JB couple is obviously hated by even the creator) but I'll ONLY ship SL, & CE, & JB for the episodes its in, but not as the longterm couple, since that's pretty much pointless.

Like I said numerous times, I DO respect JC, its fans (including you GiGi, even though it doesn't always sound like it), & virtually everything having to do with the idea. Especially Keith himself.

But, I WON'T support JC, not now, not ever. I might only support JB in just those episodes the idea shows up, but not as the permanent idea, happy now??

I WILL watch whatever sequel Keith comes up with, but I'll watch for these reasons:

the show itself

Sheen/Libby & Carl/Elke

Betty/whatever pairing idea Keith comes up with

--

Pretty much for anything but JC.

Btw, Carl/Elke is another one I wanted to know about: GiGi, could you ask Keith if he'll work on trying to make this idea permanent for Carl? Its not like he has other choices ya'know. Least not ones his own age. LOL

& for Betty, will he at least try not to make it love/hate? I know JC will happen, so I'll just ignore it, but I don't need a love/hate Betty couple. Please, just ask him not to go that route again for her too, ok? :)

=====

Btw, if Keith isn't too annoyed with me, could you maybe PM his email to me or something? I'd go for the phone number, but I gotta share our only phone (cell phone, but we're out of the house too much to have a home phone) with my mom, & 90% of the time she has it. Otherwise I'd ask for the phone number. :)

So, my current questions are: (if you don't feel like reading my (yet again) long post)

Will Carl/Elke be a good possibility?

Would Keith try not to make the new Betty couple idea love/hate?

Before the new Betty couple shows up, a few JB/jealous Cindy moments for ol' time's sake? (no greater than those in the original Betty episodes, that'd be fine)

& Keith's e-mail address (might want to let him know, mine's nekogirl001@aol.com :))

#32 JCFOREVER

JCFOREVER

Oompa Loompa Boy

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

Like I said numerous times, I DO respect JC, its fans (including you GiGi, even though it doesn't always sound like it), & virtually everything having to do with the idea. Especially Keith himself.

Yes, and vice versa. I really do respect everyone else's opinions, but sometimes I just don't get them, that's all. Sometimes I get really ticked, too. I mean, I've been a J/C shipper for 5 years, and sometimes people just bug me. I'm sure you can relate, and I do try to keep my emotions under control.

As for the questions - I'll try to get them across to him, and when I do, I'll let you know of the answers. I think I should probably ask him first about giving out his e-mail again (simply because I'm not sure exactly how many times I've done that now), but I'm sure it'll be fine. Once I get the go ahead, I'll PM it to you.

#33 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

Does anyone besides me find it amusing GxR is winning? ^^

#34 ~~Megan~~

~~Megan~~

Black Widow Pretty

• Senior Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:16 AM

I picked J/L. (Nice avatar, Krista!) And to Nekogirl, just ranting here, how can anyone NOT like love/hate relationships? They're the best kind! Two people who are enemies who find themselves falling in love is just, well, I find it romantic, seeing I myself am in a love/hate relationship. Or was.
My second favorite relationship is the socially unacceptable, like Troy/Gabriella from HSM.
Sorry, just voicing my opinion.

#35 .:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:18 AM

I don't think it's as much the love/hate thing as it is the shove-down-our-throats thing. That's the way it is with me, anyway.... and the fact Cindy's kinda mean. i_i

#36 RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Jellybag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

I went for JXA because once you ignore the whole alien thing it is uber cute :wub: and I mean if you like the toughness factor in Cindy well April is kick-butt but April is just a sweet as Betty & she's green my fav. color YAY! but this isn't about Cindy and Betty ...

JimmyxLibby is interesting ... haven't really thought about it

And I don't think that SheenxCindy is that weird and if it wasn't for SheenxLibby being my fav ship I would probably voted for it

#37 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:09 AM

Two people who are enemies who find themselves falling in love is just, well, I find it romantic

Me too ^_^

#38 girlgenius123

girlgenius123

Fer cryin' out loud...

• Senior Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:30 AM

Two people who are enemies who find themselves falling in love is just, well, I find it romantic

Same.

#39 marioarp

marioarp

The Guy at the Water Cooler

• Senior Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

I would say C/S cause sheen is my first favorite character and Cindy is my second character. :thumbsup:

#40 marioarp

marioarp

The Guy at the Water Cooler

• Senior Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:20 PM

Nekogirl not saying this to get you mad but you need to get out more cause Nick and Cindy....is never happening but in a non-place or something it could happen but no.Never in real.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users