Photo
- - - - -

By itself, would you mind J/B?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Regardless of how likely it is, would you mind it if J/B happened in the show at some point? (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Regardless of how likely it is, would you mind it if J/B happened in the show at some point?

1. Yeah (24 votes [35.82%])

Percentage of vote: 35.82%

2. No, not really (18 votes [26.87%])

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

3. Of course not! ^_^ (18 votes [26.87%])

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

4. Maybe (7 votes [10.45%])

Percentage of vote: 10.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hugh

Hugh

LOOOOOOOOOL

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

A marathon free of JC would make my day! Er... week... month... year... alloftheabove.

I needa agree with Gwen, it's absolutely overrun JN fandom almost to the point that being a JN fan means you're a JC fan! It makes me sad, since it's impossible to find much that isn't JC and when y'do you gotta know that's all yer gonna get for a while.

Buuuut we all're straying from the topic now, unfortunately. ]8 Bottom line still stands: If JB happened, I'd go OMGLOL for days.

Especially since, well, who wants their son with a PMSing piranha, anyway? *hit with a shoe*

#22 Zeitgheist

Zeitgheist

Word-pooping Megalomaniac

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:54 AM

Especially since, well, who wants their son with a PMSing piranha, anyway? *hit with a shoe*

LOL XD ...but it's up to Jimmy on who he likes, and maybe he likes it when the kitty has claws

Instead of a JC free month, I would like to see a COUPLE FREE day/week/month/forever, period. I'm tired of seeing shows that carry themselves so much on pairings and shipping (except for some like Hey Arnold! which pretty much has it as its plot). It's not just that JC is overdone, it's the whole thing D:

Leave the shipping to fans, they can make fanfiction or whatever. But I'd like it if it was kept out of the show, then they'd have more awesome episodes based on sci-fi and action (instead of those JC episodes like Stranded)

Just look at invader Zim. Not a single couple! But the fandom has all kinds of pairings in the fanmade world. It was an awesome show that didn't need to rely on couples, it could be great on its own

#23 Hugh

Hugh

LOOOOOOOOOL

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:01 AM

I think he likes just the kitty and not the claws, or he'd be a little more open--and he wouldn't've liked Betty at all in the first place. (;

Couple free sounds good, too. I, personally, prefer the actiony episodes over every pairing episode, no matter what pairing/s it's about. To me, couples are something that should be developed in the background, and really don't need their own episodes, unless they're suddenly heavily integrated into the plot--and whenever that happens I feel a show's going downhill.

#24 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:01 AM

Ya, I agree sort of. I agree that a show should be able to run on its own WITHOUT pairings, but sometimes the pairings are just an added bonus.

Anyway, my general feelings on JB= YES PUT IT IN EPISODES THAT WOULD OWN.

#25 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:13 AM

Personally, it would bother me if J/B happened (PLEASE don't stab me with sporks). I'm not a big fan of this couple (but I DO respect it!), so it'd kinda make me unhappy to see it happen.

I wouldn't stop watching the show, though. It's waaay to good to stop watching it if one pairing happened. It'd be stupid to do that.

Just my opinion. PLEASE DON'T COME AFTER ME WITH PING-PONG PADDLES!!

#26 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:33 AM

It wouldn't bother me that much, just as long as they don't get married.

First of all, I originally meant if they just got together in a 'going steady, calling each other bf, gf' type of way, but also with the impression to the fans that this would be the case eventually. After all, isn't that what the JN crew is implying to us on JC's part with the show just as it is?

--To Any JCers--

Like you assumed, I meant no offense at all when making this topic, or in any replies I might make, & already made.

I am glad you guys would keep watching the show regardless if J/B happened or not.

But, I'd probably not share that reaction if J/C actually started acting like Kim & Ron or something. Despite the fact I practically squealed x10 when they happened. :P (speaking of which, P_S, I LOVE that banner!! :bff: same to you Chica!! Its about time we had an S/L banner around here! :thumbsup: )

& I do agree with Krista on the whole 'should the show work without pairings?' topic: While I think the show should be able to stand on its own well, pairings are good to have. I just don't think they should dedicate whole 30 minute episodes to a single couple like Stranded was for J/C, unless it would be part of a greater plot later on or something.

This is probably why I got attached to MTR, (btw, that avatar of yours made my day Zeitgheist! :lol: ) the sole pairings in that movie + game are the already official ones = Corneilious/Franny, Gaston/Billie, (don't worry, normal pairing, Billie's a girl) & Bud/Lucielle. Absolutely NO unofficial pairings whatsoever! Heck, Wilbur himself doesn't even HINT on having a girlfriend. ^_^ Not that I'm a fangirl... but still. :) & look at their fandom, the sole unofficial pairs thought up are the always-gross Gay pair of Wilbur/Lewis, & the slightly awkward pair of Carl the robot & Tallula. & naturally, the always present Wilbur/OC-based-on-fangirl-writer.

But, back on topic.

Basically, I'd have to generally agree with anybody that said 'hey I don't mind much' or 'MIND? I'd love the idea!'.. In other words, Hugh, Krista, Gwen, & a couple others. :dance:

Of course, since I'm a full-on J/Ber, I'm gonna more then just 'agree', I'm just gonna love the idea whole heartedly, no questions asked! :dance:

Believe you me, I'd be making graphics, music vids & the whole 9 yards if that happened! Of course, once I learn how to do those things, I'd be doing them anyways, but all the same... :wub:

Instead of using the same ol' screenshots & scenes, I'd be using scenes from every single new episode that came along! & on occasion, in order too!

But.. you get the idea, lol. So basically, to sum this poll up in a few words:

----------------------

Most J/Cers wouldn't be too happy, but would still watch the show

Non- or anti-J/Cers would squeal (or shout if their guys) with delight if such an event happened

J/Bers like me? Same reaction as non- & anti-J/Cers! :wub:

#27 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

But, I'd probably not share that reaction if J/C actually started acting like Kim & Ron or something. Despite the fact I practically squealed x10 when they happened.  :P (speaking of which, P_S, I LOVE that banner!!

Thank you very much ^_^

Kim x Ron Forever :rock:

#28 NekoGirl

NekoGirl

He's BACK & better than ever!! ^-^

• Senior Members
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:52 AM

Ditto times a 1,000,000,000! :wub: :bff:

I absolutely ADORE best friend couples! :dance:

#29 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:59 AM

I absolutely ADORE best friend couples! :dance:

Me too, those couples always have the sweetest love stories :wub: *cough*kataang*cough*

#30 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:04 AM

same to you Chica!! Its about time we had an S/L banner around here! :thumbsup:

Thanks! ^_^ I didn't make it though (goodness knows I don't have that kind of talent). S/L needs to focused on a little more. It's one of my FAVORITE couples! ^_^ :wub:

#31 Zeitgheist

Zeitgheist

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

This is probably why I got attached to MTR, (btw, that avatar of yours made my day Zeitgheist! :lol: ) the sole pairings in that movie + game are the already official ones = Corneilious/Franny, Gaston/Billie, (don't worry, normal pairing, Billie's a girl) & Bud/Lucielle. Absolutely NO unofficial pairings whatsoever! Heck, Wilbur himself doesn't even HINT on having a girlfriend. ^_^ Not that I'm a fangirl... but still. :) & look at their fandom, the sole unofficial pairs thought up are the always-gross Gay pair of Wilbur/Lewis, & the slightly awkward pair of Carl the robot & Tallula. & naturally, the always present Wilbur/OC-based-on-fangirl-writer.

[OT warning]

Yeah I like it too because they're all canon :D I have no favorite pairings, though... the fanfiction I've read (since last time we talked) were mostly family relationship based, as in son and dad (in NON weird way). However, I did read one with a Wilbur pairing that contained no OC and no LewisxWilbur... but I can tell you this, it took masturbation to a WHOLE new level XDDD

If you want to read it:
http://amazonaviator...526.html#cutid1

At first I was appalled and disturbed... then amused... then I couldn't stop laughing XD

Kim x Ron Forever

Am I the only one who's more interested in DrakkenxShego? :0

#32 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:13 AM

Kim x Ron Forever

I love this paring as well ^_^ I love it almost as much as I love K/R...almost :D

#33 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

Heh heh, that was my fav pairing on that show... :)

#34 Zeitgheist

Zeitgheist

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:15 AM

[quote name='Purple_Sparkle' date='Sep 10 2007, 04:13 AM'] Am I the only one who's more interested in DrakkenxShego? :0[/QUOTE]
I love this paring as well ^_^ I love it almost as much as I love K/R...almost :D [/quote]
The finale really made me happy when it came to DrakkenxShego < 3

Can we say they're canon now? XD

#35 Purple_Sparkle

Purple_Sparkle

I'm back!

• Senior Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:20 AM

Me too ^_^ Which is why I was much happier with this finale than I was with the last one :D

Can we say they're canon now? XD

Heck yes :wub:

#36 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:22 AM

Sounds like the finale was good. :blink:

#37 Urvy

Urvy

Even Ponies Go Insane!

• Banned
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:28 AM

I don;t mind! Betty is like the Anti-Cindy, a figure of innocense (spelling?)

#38 Flank

Flank

Nothing is ever so simple

• Senior Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

I definitely wouldn't mind if they returned Jimmy's love and made them a couple. This two pairings makes me a bit sad, I don't hate Cindy or J/C, just I'd prefer J/B. If it will be J/C I won't stop watching the show, I'll try to take it this way. And I think there must be a good balance between action and romance in the show, though, I don't complain about it in this show. The third season was more mature with more complicated plot, hopefully, they will make the same spin-off.

#39 girlgenius123

girlgenius123

Fer cryin' out loud...

• Senior Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

First of all, I originally meant if they just got together in a 'going steady, calling each other bf, gf' type of way, but also with the impression to the fans that this would be the case eventually. After all, isn't that what the JN crew is implying to us on JC's part with the show just as it is?

I just didn't know whether you meant "forever" or for a while (how long pending).

Now, I may like pairings, naturally, but I still like adventures, humor, and all that jazz! I like JN for those factors too!

I have to disagree with a few people. Cindy isn't an angel, yes, but she isn't a piranha, whether that was a joke or not. She's just hiding her true feelings. :rolleyes:

OK, I don't want to get off-topic, but I wouldn't mind J/B WAY too much.

#40 Hugh

Hugh

LOOOOOOOOOL

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

The piranha thing's a joke, yes. But you gotta admit Cindy's mean to everyone, not just Jim! );

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users