#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts
  • Nickname:Mara

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hey everyone!
After being repeatedly (and rightfully) bombarded with requests for a "RULES" section, I finally got around to making a list of the official rules for the IDOJ forums. And HEEEERE they are...

Rules to Join
1) Ya gotta like Jimmy Neutron to join. If you came here to tell JN fans what big-fat-losers they are, then please, go waste your life somewhere else.
2) Keep obscene words out of your username. Nobody wants to send a personal message to user with the name gofuc*yourself. :bunny:
3) You must be prepared to adhere to all rules when joining. Don't come here to assert your long-held desire for rebellion. :rock:

General Rules (once you've joined)
1) Don't flame other users. :onfire: I think this rule is pretty self-explanatory...we are all entitled to our own opinions, blah blah blah. It gets really irritating for the rest of us when a couple of people start slinging mud back and forth. So let's try to avoid catty slapfights, shall we? :catfight:
2) On the flip side, try not to be too sensitive. Not everybody understands the concept of "tact". I know the disagreements over pairings can heat up pretty quickly, :pyro: but please, try not to be too touchy about it. If someone votes against your favorite pairing in the fave pairing game, don't automatically assume that they have something against you. Everybody has their fave pairings and everyone has the right to support those pairings, even if that means advocating against your fave. It's unlikely that they have anything against you anyway...it's not all about YOU, after all *.*
3) Choose any avatar you want...it does not have to be JN related. Again, in the tradition of preserving common decency, nothing nasty please. A photocopied picture of your coworker's butt left on your desk as a joke does NOT qualify as an acceptable avatar :P
4) Try to keep your signature size fairly small. Nobody wants to scroll down fifteen times just to get past all the pictures you uploaded into your signature. LIMIT the number of pictures in your signature to 3, no more please. And that includes banners from places like magicsigs. I've seen quite a few violations of this rule, so please correct this if you are one of said violators.
5) This is pretty much standard internet rule #1, but don't give out exclusive personal information over the net. I don't want to get in trouble for YOUR stupidity. :huh:

Well, that's all I can think of for the time being. If you have any suggestions for other rules, or if you think one of my rules is radically unfair, just give me a buzz. OK, now that you know, get posting! You didn't come here to stare at the screen, did you? :dance:

Mara = ^.^ =

#2 dancerg7

dancerg7

J/C FAN! OH YEAH!

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

i just want to say sorry to nekogirl and to passionflower for being a spaz! i was just freaking out so sorry about what happened on the my j/b shrine board! i apoligize. please forgive me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
and also just want to say no cursing cause i say some cursing on a topic

#3 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

I'm sure NekoGirl and Passionflower will forgive you. :)

As far as swearing goes, I built in an automatic blocking system for certain swear-words so that they couldn't be used on the boards. However, not surprisingly, people have used their ENDLESS creativity to find numerous ways to get past the blocks (by spelling curse words wrong or hyphenating them, etc.) If only everyone was as creative in solving their OTHER problems as they were in skirting around rules, we'd have cured cancer and ended world hunger by now.

Anyway, I'm not too bothered by the swears I've seen. It's nothing monstrously offensive, so those of us who don't like it will just have to put up with it for the time being. :bunny:

Mara = ^.^ =

#4 dancerg7

dancerg7

J/C FAN! OH YEAH!

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

k i don't even know if this question should go here but i think since this IS a jimmy neutron fan sight that the avatar gallery should have jimmy neutron avatars!

#5 Koopa Testudo

Koopa Testudo

Formerly known as gamergirlv

• Senior Members
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:40 AM

Okay, this has nothing to do with the rules, but I just wanted to ask Mara two questions...

1. How do you delete topics that you created? I don't want to delete any topics I created, I'm just asking. How do I delete a topic? Is there a button there so I can delete it? Do I have to wait until the topic's a moldy-oldie? Or do you have to delete them, since you own the site and forums?

The next question has nothing to do with IDOJ, but I'm still gonna ask...

2. How come you don't have an account on fanfiction.net? If you do, how come you haven't submitted any of your fanfics there? I bet you would be considered a JN goddess if you did that! So why haven't you done it? :unsure:

#6 cindy and jimmy forever

cindy and jimmy forever

DANCING STEWIE!!

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

and we should not be saying any sexual words that i read in Gaia accounts you should really delete that topic mara or close cause there are little kids up in here reading these things and if their parents find out what they are reading they will get into trouble

#7 PassionFlower

PassionFlower

Passionate Love, against Pure Hatred...Harmony's Melody.

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

and we should not be saying any sexual words that i read in Gaia accounts you should really delete that topic mara or close cause there are little kids up in here reading these things and if their parents find out what they are reading they will get into trouble

Hm, Mara say a Gay Marriage topic and they were saying "S-E-X", and Mara was acting like they didn't say it. She allows you to say "sexy" and stuff. ;)

#8 Crash_7

Crash_7

Chuckle-headed Plebeian

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

Mara: Would it be possible to set the forums up to sort topic titles by most recent activity? Know what I mean? If a topic gets a new post, it goes to the top of the list. That's the way most of the forums I frequent are set up. If this place continues to grow, it'll get tedious having to sort through three or four pages of topics to read new posts.

#9 gamegrl75

gamegrl75

-is back from ALL OUT OF THE USA-

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

Erm, about saying sexual words...you just said one!!! You said "sexual". :rolleyes: And you said we're not supposed to! :rolleyes:

#10 Koopa Testudo

Koopa Testudo

Formerly known as gamergirlv

• Senior Members
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

Hehe, didn't you just say that? :nosebleed: :uhoh:

#11 gamegrl75

gamegrl75

-is back from ALL OUT OF THE USA-

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

Hehe, didn't you just say that? :nosebleed: :uhoh:

Hehe, who knows, hehe? :nosebleed: :uhoh:

#12 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

A MASSIVE REPLY TO PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS o:)

Phew, firstly, sorry I haven't been answering questions. School got pretty hectic for awhile there and I totally spaced about reading the "RULES" section. Anyway, I'll start by answering gamergirlv's Q, which went something like this:

Okay, this has nothing to do with the rules, but I just wanted to ask Mara two questions...

1. How do you delete topics that you created? I don't want to delete any topics I created, I'm just asking. How do I delete a topic? Is there a button there so I can delete it? Do I have to wait until the topic's a moldy-oldie? Or do you have to delete them, since you own the site and forums?

The next question has nothing to do with IDOJ, but I'm still gonna ask...

2. How come you don't have an account on fanfiction.net? If you do, how come you haven't submitted any of your fanfics there? I bet you would be considered a JN goddess if you did that! So why haven't you done it? :unsure:

Answer to #1: Sorry, topic deletion can only be done by administrators and mods, otherwise we'd have people deleting stuff all over the place! If anyone wants me to delete an old topic, I'd be happy to.

Answer to #2: I really, REALLY wish I could post my JN fanfics on fanfiction.net. I was gonna upload them, but after reading the rules, I noticed that fanfics written in so-called "script format" were not allowed. And since ALL my fanfics are written in that format, it kind of rules me out. However, I was wondering...is that a strict rule or do people break it all the time? Like, if I were to go ahead and post my story in script format, would I banned or something? :protest: Cause I do have an account on fanfiction.net (my username is AntiqueDreams) but I barely ever use it.

OK, Question/concern #2, posted by cindy and jimmy forever and PassionFlower:

and we should not be saying any sexual words that i read in Gaia accounts you should really delete that topic mara or close cause there are little kids up in here reading these things and if their parents find out what they are reading they will get into trouble.  (cindy and jimmy forever)

Hm, Mara say a Gay Marriage topic and they were saying "S-E-X", and Mara was acting like they didn't say it. She allows you to say "sexy" and stuff. (PassionFlower)

OK, I do NOT tolerate sex talk :nosebleed: on the majority of my topics. There is a time and a place for discussing those issues, and topics like "Gay Marriage" were specifically designed to keep that kind of discussion in one place rather than spread out all over the place where anyone can see it.

While I try to censor what I can, there comes a point when personal responsibility takes over. If you don't want to read it, then DON'T! If the gay marriage topic offends you, don't go there. I would REALLY appreciate it if people would stop posting explicit things without a warning to our young viewers, but in all honesty it's really hard for me to keep tabs on what everyone says and does. You'll all just have to be responsible enough to discern what's appropriate and what's not.

Secondly, the word "sexy" is an adjective describing someone as being physically attractive and I consider it to be A-OK. I mean, they even say "sexy" in the Fairly Oddparents on Nickelodeon. So deal with it. :bunny:

Third and final question, posted by Crash_7:

Mara: Would it be possible to set the forums up to sort topic titles by most recent activity? Know what I mean? If a topic gets a new post, it goes to the top of the list. That's the way most of the forums I frequent are set up. If this place continues to grow, it'll get tedious having to sort through three or four pages of topics to read new posts.

Answer: I suppose I could sort the topics by most recent activity, but to tell you the truth I actually prefer sorting them alphabetically. I guess I'm just more of a word-oriented person. If anyone else has an opinion on how the topics should be ordered, tell me here! :bock:

OK, that's all for now. I hope I've answered all your questions! :thumbsup:

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#13 Estrella

Estrella

~*Jimmy/Cindy, Kataang, Harry/Luna*~

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:13 PM

Mara? Am I breaking the rules with my signature? I have 4 pictures in my sig, but AM I breaking this sig rules? Please clarify this for me. :'(

#14 Estrella

Estrella

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

Mara? Am I breaking the rules with my signature? I have 4 pictures in my sig, but AM I breaking this sig rules? Please clarify this for me. :'(

Following that, I actually have FIVE pictures in my sig, if you count my Sloganizer.net thingy. :unsure:

#15 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

Following that, I actually have FIVE pictures in my sig, if you count my Sloganizer.net thingy. :unsure:

ESTRELLA

OK, time to answer you signature woes.
If you count the banner, you have in fact 4 images in your signature. The one that says "Caught in the Act", while comprised of three collaged images, only counts as one. Even though the two under that are arranged horizontally, they are different sizes and it is apparent that they are two separate pictures. So, if you can find a way to combine them than you can keep both; otherwise, one of those pics has to go.

Hope this clarifies things! :D

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#16 Estrella

Estrella

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:45 PM

ESTRELLA

OK, time to answer you signature woes.
If you count the banner, you have in fact 4 images in your signature. The one that says "Caught in the Act", while comprised of three collaged images, only counts as one. Even though the two under that are arranged horizontally, they are different sizes and it is apparent that they are two separate pictures. So, if you can find a way to combine them than you can keep both; otherwise, one of those pics has to go.

Hope this clarifies things! :D

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

EEEP The only way I can comebine them is if I have Photoshop and I don't AAAA

#17 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:48 PM

EEEP The only way I can comebine them is if I have Photoshop and I don't AAAA

I have Photoshop. I can do it for you! o:)

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#18 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 25,259 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

Here it is! Hope you like it! I decided to put some French on there because it's OH-so-poetic and romantic. Translated, it means "Without love, what kind of world is this? What must I do to find happiness?"

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Attached Files

#19 Estrella

Estrella

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

Here it is! Hope you like it! I decided to put some French on there because it's OH-so-poetic and romantic. Translated, it means "Without love, what kind of world is this? What must I do to find happiness?"

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

OMG THANKS 8D THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

#20 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

Heyyy, Mara, *does that, "hey mom, I want a cookie" face* Since my signature is so boring do you think you could make an J/A photoshop collage for me? I have some pics here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you're not too busy, that is. Trust me, I know school can be a total pain in the bahookie. :)

.:!Gwen!:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users