Photo
- - - - -

Candy Bar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SheWolf

SheWolf

These hands!! I cant get them off my wrists!!

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:10 PM

I was just thinking, where do the kids get money to go to the Candy Bar all of the time? They must all get great allowances or something?

#2 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, you make a valid point there, Vanessa. They must have allowances of some kind, otherwise they couldn't afford eat there so much. ^^; Cindy, especially, since she seems to be so privileged by her parents... :unsure:

#3 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 09:05 PM

Also, Sheen's dad seems to spoil him a lot buying him all those toys, video games, etc. Maybe they give them allowance for doing chores and whatnot.

#4 TheAnonymousDoctor510

TheAnonymousDoctor510

Dictator Jimmy is the best TOSOT character of all time!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Nickname:'Doc'

Posted 23 November 2021 - 10:48 PM

Hmm. This is another interesting topic to discuss, Vanessa. I think it is either from allowance money or their parents give it to them. Like you said, Cindy's parents have money and Sheen's dad spoils him. 

Did you also ever wonder where Jimmy gets all of the materials in his lab from? Do his parents buy him all of those beakers, test tubes, chemicals, etc? I mean, he has to get them from somewhere.

Great topic, Vanessa!

-'Doc'

#5 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:26 PM

You know, we have seen him being assigned chores before, so I'm sure that's how he's earned some money to use for his lab stuff. ;) Though I still wonder, after he uses it for that stuff, how he still has some to use for the Candy Bar... :blink2: Any ideas?? :huh:

#6 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:13 PM

Maybe he just asks for things for his birthdays and Xmas. In the ep Time is Money his parents couldn't afford to buy him that encyclopedia set so maybe he is selling stuff to chemical companies on the side? haha

Maybe he is doing some unethical things to get money...hmmmm :blink2:

#7 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:04 AM

I got $5 a week in allowance in elementary school. I could have probably easily afforded a weekly or biweekly ice cream at something like the Candy Bar. I wouldn't have been able to get hot lunch on pizza day if I did that, but it wouldn't have been difficult. These kids are all solidly middle class like I was. It's not a stretch to imagine they can do the same. Not being able to afford/willing to spend several hundred dollars on an unnecessarily fancy encyclopedia set that will be outdated in 10 years isn't really the same thing lol

#8 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, you make a valid point there, Mary. It was likely something like that along those lines for most of the gang, though I can imagine Cindy has a more privileged life than the rest of them. Though I'm sure Libby is to some extent, too, with all the gadgets like a cell phone and boom box that she owns, plus lots of outfits, too, I'm sure... :P

#9 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 06:15 PM

I read somewhere that Libby is upper class but not sure how that was confirmed since we don't really get to see her home life. But when all the parents are trying to get the kids back in Win Lose and Kaboom, Libby's mom is upset that Libby doesn't have anything to wear makes it seem like she may be a bit spoiled. That is a good point about the allowance thing though, Mary. It just seems like the kids go there every single day which might add up.

#10 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:35 AM

It's also a more visually and narratively interesting to have them at the Candy Bar than at one of their houses, so that's a thing. Plus once you design a setting, it's cheaper to repeatedly set scenes there and reuse the background than to always have new scenery. I doubt they'd be going there every day if they were IRL kids.

#11 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, that's probably why they made it that way. Maybe if they'd had more money at the time, we might've gotten more variety, plus maybe another season... Beggars can't be choosers, though, I guess... ^^;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users