Photo
- - - - -

What did you all think about JN when it first came out and when did you start liking JN?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SheWolf

SheWolf

These hands!! I cant get them off my wrists!!

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 10:16 PM

Pretty much what the title says. I'm not sure if there is already a topic about this. I remember watching the movie when it came out (I was 14 haha). My mom used to do daycare and I remember seeing the movie and then the series came out the following year. I randomly saw a comment I made about it on a cartoon forum in 2002 and I was a little annoyed with Jimmy as a character ( don't hate me Em :blink:) but I adored Sheen. Then I saw another post I made the following year defending the show and how good it was. So it seems like it took me a minute to warm up to Jimmy/the show but have always loved Sheen, but didn't take long for me to become a rabid fan of the series as a whole! I also remember going to see JN the movie in the theater for one of those free summer movie things and by then I was obsessed with it. What about you guys? 

#2 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

Ice Bear bought these legally

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:13 PM

My cousin was at my house for a sleepover, and she had seen the movie in theaters and wasn't too impressed with it. We happened to be at the local video rental store and it was there and we were like "let's watch it and make fun of it." So we rented it and watched it that night and I ended up loving it. She still didn't like it as much as I did, but she said she did like it better the second time around. When I found out it was becoming a show on Nickelodeon, I was super excited. Always loved the show right from the start.

#3 TheAnonymousDoctor510

TheAnonymousDoctor510

Dictator Jimmy is the best TOSOT character of all time!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Nickname:'Doc'

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:31 PM

I honestly don't remember when or how I started to watch it. I know I watched it advantly during my middle school years which were from 2004-2006. All I know was that I loved the show dearly. It was one of my top favorite shows growing up besides Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom. I loved everything about the show. I loved all of the characters. My favorite episodes were always Krunch Time and Fundemonium and my favorite characters were always Sheen, Hugh and Jimmy. I was always a J/C and S/L shipper. I know I saw all the episodes and movies, I just don't remember how I started to watch it. All I know is that I love it. I still love it to this day even though I haven't watched it in years. It will always hold a special place in my heart. 

-'Doc'

#4 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:42 PM

My cousin was at my house for a sleepover, and she had seen the movie in theaters and wasn't too impressed with it. We happened to be at the local video rental store and it was there and we were like "let's watch it and make fun of it." So we rented it and watched it that night and I ended up loving it. She still didn't like it as much as I did, but she said she did like it better the second time around. When I found out it was becoming a show on Nickelodeon, I was super excited. Always loved the show right from the start.

That's pretty funny how that happened. I must admit that I didn't pay too much attention to the promos when they came out ( I was pretty into Invader Zim at the time) and I thought it was gonna be dumb when my mom had us watch it. I was 14 and thought I would be too cool for it, but guess I was wrong XD

#5 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:43 PM

I honestly don't remember when or how I started to watch it. I know I watched it advantly during my middle school years which were from 2004-2006. All I know was that I loved the show dearly. It was one of my top favorite shows growing up besides Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom. I loved everything about the show. I loved all of the characters. My favorite episodes were always Krunch Time and Fundemonium and my favorite characters were always Sheen, Hugh and Jimmy. I was always a J/C and S/L shipper. I know I saw all the episodes and movies, I just don't remember how I started to watch it. All I know is that I love it. I still love it to this day even though I haven't watched it in years. It will always hold a special place in my heart. 

-'Doc'

Did you see the movie before the series or vise versa?

#6 TheAnonymousDoctor510

TheAnonymousDoctor510

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:45 PM

You're not much older than me, Vanessa. When JN premiered in 2002, I was 10, but when I started to actively watch it in 2004, I was 12. So it really is nice to know that all the long time JN fans are all around my age range.

-'Doc'

#7 TheAnonymousDoctor510

TheAnonymousDoctor510

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:46 PM

Did you see the movie before the series or vise versa?

To tell you the truth, it's so long ago for me, I don't even remember. All I remember is watching it and liking it. 

-'Doc'

#8 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:52 PM

Same for me. It was so long ago and I only vaguely remember that time of my life.

You're not much older than me, Vanessa. When JN premiered in 2002, I was 10, but when I started to actively watch it in 2004, I was 12. So it really is nice to know that all the long time JN fans are all around my age range.

-'Doc'

Well that is pretty validating for me. Thanks ^_^

#9 TheAnonymousDoctor510

TheAnonymousDoctor510

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:57 PM

Same for me. It was so long ago and I only vaguely remember that time of my life.

Well that is pretty validating for me. Thanks ^_^

Yeah I can barely remember things from my childhood. I'm 29, in case you want to know. But yeah, JN was a huge part of my life back then. 

-'Doc'

#10 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 03:45 AM

Here's how I got into it... :P The movie came out when I was 13, but I was too into SpongeBob at the time to notice. LOL It wasn't 'till 2005 or 2006(I think, or it may've been earlier) that my stepbrother gave me the movie on VHS, and once I'd watched it a couple times, I was HOOKED!! I watched it so many dang times that I memorized the WHOLE THING!! Then a year or two later, I found IDOJ and ways to download the eps, so I signed up and the rest is history! :kawaii: :dance: <3

#11 ShadRose17

ShadRose17

We're all mad here.

• Senior Members
  • 7,942 posts
  • Location:Lurking, all around, I could be behind you.. maybe...

Posted 17 November 2021 - 05:13 AM

I genuinely don't remember, if I'm honest. I definitely saw the movie first and remember being excited for the series but that's about it.
I might have rented the movie from Blockbuster since I didn't go to theaters at the time lol.

#12 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:31 PM

Sarah, do you remember how old you were? Not sure when the movie came out on video tbh.. (Blockbuster...I remember those days.)

#13 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 11:58 PM

According to Google, it was released on video in early July 2002. A few weeks later, When Pants Attack aired, and then in September of that year the show proper aired.

#14 ShadRose17

ShadRose17

We're all mad here.

• Senior Members
  • 7,942 posts
  • Location:Lurking, all around, I could be behind you.. maybe...

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:51 AM

If it was July 2002 I would have been 9.

#15 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 05:01 AM

That was when I turned 14 and was just starting seventh grade that August(I'd gone back to fifth from seventh two years prior). ;) I was struggling academically just before I'd gone back two grades... ^^;

#16 SweeneyxxTodd

SweeneyxxTodd

• Senior Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 07:08 PM

If it was July 2002 I would have been 9.

Same. I did math wrong as first and thought I was 11 then. Apparently I'm forgetting my own birth year now, along with literally everything else :facepalm:

#17 SheWolf

SheWolf

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:07 PM

It appears that JN appeals to all ages!

#18 JimmyxxCindy4EVER

JimmyxxCindy4EVER

Simply brilliant... <3

• Senior Members
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:35 PM

Yep, likely a big reason why it still highly appeals to me, even at age 33! :la: :kawaii: :dance: <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users