• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 03:48 PM

"Mr. Darcy had at first scarcely allowed her to be pretty; he had looked at her without admiration at the ball; and when they next met, he looked at her only to criticize. But no sooner had he made it clear to himself and his friends that she had hardly a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes. To this discovery succeeded some others equally mortifying. Though he had detected with a critical eye more than one failure of perfect symmetry of her form, he was forced to acknowledge her figure to be light and pleasing; and in spite of his asserting that her manners were not those of the fashionable world, he was caught by their easy playfulness."- Pride and Prejudice Vol.1: Chapter 6.

Mr. Darcy is truly such a disaster. He goes around boasting that Lizzy isn't pretty and then immediately starts thinking she is.

I blame this re-read on you, Mara. ;)

#122 Katia11

Katia11

Just me

• Senior Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:43 PM

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."- Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice Vol. 3: Chp. 18

EVERYONE talks about how the quote "You have bewitched me body and soul" from the movie is so swoony, and I fully agree. But the above quote gets me every single fricking time. Good lord. And it has not been represented in any adaptation I've seen which is an utter shame. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users