#1 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

Benevolent, All-Seeing Eye

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts
  • Nickname:𓊨 𓏏 𓆇

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:50 AM

Yes, you heard me right.

Steph used to help edit my stories, but now that I never hear from her anymore, and I don't have any of my family to check over my work and make sure I'm not spouting total glikisijoub, I could really use an editor.

On the bright side, you'll get to read TOSOT chapters early. On the down side, you'll be reading a "non-finalized copy", meaning you'll be privy to all sorts of grammar mistakes and discarded ideas. It's up to you. I need someone with good writing skills and an eye not just for typos but also the more sophisticated components of tone, coherence, and credibility.

I'd also like a "war consultant", as it were (lol)...someone who knows a bit about military strategies. Part of the reason this is taking so long is that I have to design not only an entire battle plan, but also the ridiculously complicated defense system of the fortress in which it takes place. This next chapter presents a LOT of difficulties logic-wise, and I could use some help to make sure I'm not missing something really huge.

Thanks, that's all!

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#2 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:53 AM

Ooh, I'd LOVE to help! I'm a huge grammar nerd and I love to edit (one of my fave parts of writing). ^_^ I'll definitely help if you want me to.

#3 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

Ooh, I'd LOVE to help! I'm a huge grammar nerd and I love to edit (one of my fave parts of writing). ^_^ I'll definitely help if you want me to.

Here's the real question...can you be totally honest with me and pick apart my writing? I need harsh criticism! -fistpalm- OK, maybe not harsh. Gentle criticism. Yeah.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#4 Chica_Andromeda

Chica_Andromeda

Amigop

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:00 AM

Yup, I can be critical. My mom's taught me. ;) And I'm always very honest about writing and the like. ^_^

#5 ssj4majuub

ssj4majuub

Never gonna cut his hair!

• Senior Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

Woohoo! I'd apply for war consultant.

#6 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:11 AM

Woohoo! I'd apply for war consultant.

What kinds of stuff do you know? And can you analyze my badly drawn diagrams?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#7 sunnstar

sunnstar

:)

• Senior Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:17 AM

Editing is my favorite hobby!! XD I'd LOVE to help, Mara!! Come on, let one of your oldest Nick.com bffs do you a favor! :D

#8 sunnstar

sunnstar

:)

• Senior Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

Here's the real question...can you be totally honest with me and pick apart my writing? I need harsh criticism! -fistpalm- OK, maybe not harsh. Gentle criticism. Yeah.

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Trust me, I can do that. And ask Chica about the editing thing, LOL. I am an editing FREAK.

And can you analyze my badly drawn diagrams?

Yeah, IF they're badly drawn, I can definitely do that. Analyzing I can do, fixing it myself (to my own drawings, I mean), not so much. =D

#9 ssj4majuub

ssj4majuub

Never gonna cut his hair!

• Senior Members
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

What kinds of stuff do you know? And can you analyze my badly drawn diagrams?

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Well,my brother knows alot of this stuff,and hes taught me some. And,sure.

#10 CraazyOne

CraazyOne

~*~*~*~

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

Wow. I don't doubt Chica's, Sunny's, or Isaac's abilities. I'm sure they'd be great help. If you ever need more than one editor, though, Mara, I would love to help. I'm not sure how great I'd be as a war consultant, but I could lend a hand with any grammatical/spelling/structure problems. I mean, my dad practically chained me to his laptop and forced me to read/edit his school papers while working to get his business degree! Your fic would be a hundred times more interesting than THAT! :lol:

~Rach~

#11 Hugh

Hugh

LOOOOOOOOOL

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:13 AM

Editing, criticising and picking stuff apart for errors is one of my favorite things to do. Mr. Dean Koontz would be in tears by now if he knew how many of his bestselling books I had rated FAIL for poor plot points and lame explanations. :D

Not that I'd be that mean to you, Mara! <: ...Well, maybe a little bit mean.

Anyway, if you need an extra editor, I'm always open. I've usually got quite a bit of spare time. Unfortunately, I've never really studied the mechanisms of war, so I won't be too much help in that area, but I might be able to direct your attention to some books that pay attention to the finer details of the battlefield that give stories a realistic feel when applied--if I can remember their darned names. D8

#12 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:47 AM

Lolz. Pretty soon I'll be employing the entire IDOJ population as editors. But I suppose you can give chappie 30 a run through ^_^ I'll send it to you too.

PMing...

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#13 .:!Gwen!:.

.:!Gwen!:.

Listening to the song we used to sing...

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

Well. I wanted to help, but apparently about five people beat me to it. D:

But if you ever DO need some extra help, drop me a line. (:

#14 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:05 AM

**salutes**
Yes ma'am thank you ma'am!
Yes, I might have some specific Questions for you....**shifty eyes** Future SHEEN Questions...

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#15 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:06 AM

=O

Orly? Sounds like fun. =D

--yespunchcoveredbyacough--

#16 Mara=^.^=

Mara=^.^=

• Admin
  • 24,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

OMG OMG OMG I love your top J/A siggie! **squeal**

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

#17 .:!Gwen!:.

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:08 AM

Sankoo. (:

I got a free trial of photoshop and I figured I'd take advantage of it. XD

#18 rumorgirl1983

rumorgirl1983

retired forum member

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

I know a lot of people have already beat ya to it, but if you do ever need any additional editing help, let me know. :D

#19 Hyperion

Hyperion

Jellybag

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

I could be an editor, but you don't seem to have any shortage of volunteers for that, however, I'm also an ROTC brat, and I know a thing or two (Read:Obsess over) about military technology, tactics, and history, along with having a good handle on battlefield psychology.

Plus I've seen Full Metal Jacket like fifty times, which I'm sure counts for something.

#20 cancel_me

cancel_me

Adorable Squeak Toy

• Senior Members
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:45 PM

Analizing

Sunny: Don't you mean analyzing? ;) SORRY lalalala.

ROFL. I would love to help you, but the whole IDOJ population is at your feet saying, "I CAN BE AN EDITOR. I SWEAR I SWEAR I SWEAR." :lol: (Don't think that I'm personbias, but if you were to choose anyone to be your editor, I would pick Hugh. He caught one of my mistakes on messenger while I was drugged on... air (?), and probably half asleep. He knows his stuff and you can rely on him. [: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users